Non UConn College WBB News | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see Xavier is picked to finish last in the Big East. Maybe this is the year that Jamelle's
team finally wins the Battle of Cincinnati.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll bet your granddaughter would love to attend a basketball game with you, and hang out afterwards. She would appreciate you making the effort to come and see her. College students always like having family come to visit them. It would be memory she would never forget. I speak from experience. Go for it!! :)
My granddaughter is very self-conscious. I was instructed to say nothing during her campus visit. She probably would be ok about going to the game with me--provided that I didn't cheer or bring attention to her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

sad tiger.jpg

Thats a darn shame.... Just when Clemson was starting to turn the corner.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Pretty forthright article from a the student paper. Author has obviously done hi homework. I think OSU just got their first commit for 2018 last week...there are not going to be a whole lot of folks to practice and play with after Mitchell and a few of the transfers leave this year. This is going to be one position to pay attention to throughout the year and at the end of the season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My granddaughter is very self-conscious. I was instructed to say nothing during her campus visit. She probably would be ok about going to the game with me--provided that I didn't cheer or bring attention to her.

My youngest GD told me the same thing whenever I attended one of her basketball games last year. I was told to not cheer so loud as to draw attention to my self (and embarrass her), and whatever I do, DO NOT call out her name!! :eek:

Reaction Score
Saw it posted on Vol Nation that South Carolina is trying to get Cooper to play this year, anyone else hear this? I would think sitting out this year would be best for the team, unless we see Dawn play with 3 guards at a time.

Reaction Score
How would the NCAA explain clearing someone who transferred to not face disciplinary action allegedly from former school, if approved?

Reaction Score
How would the NCAA explain clearing someone who transferred to not face disciplinary action allegedly from former school, if approved?

Was she kicked off the team and forced to transfer if she wanted to keep playing college basketball?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

In addition to potentially Cooper, Staley’s backcourt this year will likely include a rotation of sophomore guard Tyasha Harris, graduate transfer Lindsey Spann and senior Bianca Cuevas-Moore.

Read more here: South Carolina is seeking a waiver to let this transfer play right away, Staley says

I like Cooper, but that’s a lot of guards who probably think they should be starting seeking playing time, maybe Cuevas-Moore will be the 6th man again, or Staley can try to start both and Harris.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
In addition to potentially Cooper, Staley’s backcourt this year will likely include a rotation of sophomore guard Tyasha Harris, graduate transfer Lindsey Spann and senior Bianca Cuevas-Moore.

Read more here: South Carolina is seeking a waiver to let this transfer play right away, Staley says

I like Cooper, but that’s a lot of guards who probably think they should be starting seeking playing time, maybe Cuevas-Moore will be the 6th man again, or Staley can try to start both and Harris.

Cooper is bigger in stature and very versatile. If she's cleared she won't start... it'll probably be Harris and Cuevas (Dawn is loyal to her seniors, never forget) in the backcourt... Cooper will share minutes at point with Harris. Spann will share minutes at the two with Cuevas.... but the beauty here is that all four are capable of being a "point guard"... nice versatility in the backcourt... and Dawn will definitely experiment with lineups early on to find mismatches she can exploit later when the games really matter.

Cooper will start in the backcourt with Harris next year. Dawns entire reasoning for seeking this waiver (besides wanting a very skilled player eligible) is that if denied, Cooper will have sat for two straight years and potentially lose a year of eligibility... i don't know how that rationale was reached but that's their appeal.

Reaction Score
Was she kicked off the team and forced to transfer if she wanted to keep playing college basketball?
Tennessee news paper reported that she didn't want to go in front of the disciplinary committee, so she chose to transfer instead. I guess because she's had prior incidents with the team before. If I'm not mistaken she was suspended before for rules violation.

Reaction Score
Remember when Boston College was one of the top teams in the Big East? In FB, MBB, & WBB!
I guess the move to the ACC didn't work out for the teams just the money!
Now they're terrible in everything!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Dawn said that sitting out two years (injury + transfer year) would not be a great student athlete experience for her. Being suspended a year for fighting at Tennessee would not be a great student athlete experience either.

What a bizarre argument. The NCAA will probably grant the waiver.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dawn said that sitting out two years (injury + transfer year) would not be a great student athlete experience for her. Being suspended a year for fighting at Tennessee would not be a great student athlete experience either.

What a bizarre argument. The NCAA will probably grant the waiver.

I hope not. The "like" was because I agree with your comment, not because I hope she gets a waiver. You transfer, you sit out a year period, regardless of what you did (or did not do) the previous year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A few years ago Oregon's starting QB Jeremiah Masoli got into all kinds of trouble, had a little problem with criminal activity. At first he was suspended for a year, then he was booted from the team. He transferred to Ole Miss. The NCAA originally denied his request for immediate eligibility (he had finished undergrad degree, but the NCAA wasn't impressed that he was fleeing his suspension from his previous school). However there was an appeal and he won.

Bottom line, you never know what the NCAA will do. And bad behavior gets rewarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom