Non UConn College WBB News | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
He’s BIG TIME!! I’ve always been a big Duke fan since Christian Laettner and Grant Hill..... but this is probably the best Duke squad ever! RJ Barrett, Zion Williamson, and Cam Reddish will make up the #1,2, and 3 players in next years NBA Draft!

whoa.jpg

Way..way.. way... way too early for all that kinda talk.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Let the tanking begin. I am now ready and rooting for the Knicks to lose every game and for the NBA to give us a little help with the ping ping balls. ;)

Please no.... its already bad enough to have 2 Duke players on the Celtics.... it would be awful to have two on the Knicks as well. :confused:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Zion's name came up in the federal CBB trial. I'm sure the NCAA will get right on it.

The wiretap transcript read aloud in the federal basketball corruption trial on Tuesday was a bombshell. The intercepted conversation between Adidas consultant Merl Code Jr. and Kansas assistant basketball coach Kurtis Townsend centered on five-star recruit Zion Williamson. Specifically, they were discussing what it would take for Williamson to become a Jayhawk — and the asking price was high.

“[Williamson’s stepfather] is asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family,” Code said, according to the transcript.

Townsend’s response: “I’ve got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that’s what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we’re going to have to do it some way.”

Is Zion Williamson the new Cam Newton? Why Duke's star could face eligibility issues this season

Reaction Score
Zion's name came up in the federal CBB trial. I'm sure the NCAA will get right on it.

The wiretap transcript read aloud in the federal basketball corruption trial on Tuesday was a bombshell. The intercepted conversation between Adidas consultant Merl Code Jr. and Kansas assistant basketball coach Kurtis Townsend centered on five-star recruit Zion Williamson. Specifically, they were discussing what it would take for Williamson to become a Jayhawk — and the asking price was high.

“[Williamson’s stepfather] is asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family,” Code said, according to the transcript.

Townsend’s response: “I’ve got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that’s what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we’re going to have to do it some way.”

Is Zion Williamson the new Cam Newton? Why Duke's star could face eligibility issues this season
But instead of the $100K’s he chose the superior education and lifelong connections he will have by attending Duke for 4 months under the tutalege of squeaky clean Coach K. Ya

Reaction Score
But inad of the $100K’s he chose the superior education and lifelong connections he will have by attending Duke for 4 months under the tutalege of squeaky clean Coach K. Ya

no, no, no.......................ye of little faith......................he's going to return to the campus when he's retired to get his degree like all of the other one and done's are going to do...........;)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Maryland's Shakira Austin has looked pretty good in the infancy of the season. Stat line today....

12 pts 21rebounds and 7 blocks. She was just 3-11 from floor but 6-10 from free throw line.

21 rebounds though in 24 minutes!

Reaction Score
crazy..

Transfers are a common now in the women's game as the men's. I doubt any school sees a class like the TASS(k) force again, including UConn. The top level players are all members of an AAU circuit that is much larger than years ago. I see how frequently players change high schools for the chance to get noticed and more visibility. It was inevitable it would happen in college as well.

Every situation is different and ultimately young people should find the situation that works out best for them. The frequent transfers aren't necessarily a bad thing but just one part of the evolution of the game.

Reaction Score
crazy..

The top 25 of 2016 isn't that great. Besides Slocum, Boley and McCoy the other 9 transfers weren't exactly working out well on their teams. Charles of MD #22 and Odom #9 of Duke could be in the top 5 players of the 2016 class when its all said and done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The top 25 of 2016 isn't that great. Besides Slocum, Boley and McCoy the other 9 transfers weren't exactly working out well on their teams. Charles of MD #22 and Odom #9 of Duke could be in the top 5 players of the 2016 class when its all said and done.

I assume that's why we Geno ended up with only one ranked player from that class

Reaction Score
Was it posted here that Chasity Patterson (spelling??) is transferring from Texas? I believe no.1 prospect for pg in her class. Don't quote me.

Reaction Score
Over on the Baylor, sicem365.com site, they are reporting that Alexis Morris will rejoin Baylor next year if she stays out of trouble this year.

Reaction Score
I guess I missed the memo. Where is East Texas Trash?

Reaction Score
Over on the Baylor, sicem365.com site, they are reporting that Alexis Morris will rejoin Baylor next year if she stays out of trouble this year.
I have read that quite a few times. Will be interesting to see if it actually happens + it would be huge for their team. Would also make that a 7 player class for next season, which poses a problem itself IMO. Oregon had issues with their 6 player class. I think only 3/6 are left. Morris, Egbo, Smith, Scott-Grayson, DeCosta, Bickle, and Oliver. A solid group for 3 years thats for sure. One thing for sure is minutes will be TOUGH.

Reaction Score
Oregon’s 2016 class was seven players and four are left. I agree that such large classes will most likely lead to some kind of fallout down the road.

Reaction Score
It's true. She knows it wasn't Baylor's fault, it was her own.

She will be returning. Also, have 2 Seniors and 1 in the class for 2019.

So Baylor will be back to a 12 person roster next season. With Brown and Jackson leaving I think it opens it up for this 2018 class.

Future starters Cox, Morris, Landrum, Smith, SF maybe DeCosta, Richards, or Bickle.

Reaction Score

I have read that also...........she is still enrolled there.........

Reaction Score
And I guess you never know about players. West Coast schools stayed far away from Odom because of her transfer record (I believe four high schools) and also her on court demeanor. She's doing very well at Duke with a coach everyone said was poison.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I have read that quite a few times. Will be interesting to see if it actually happens + it would be huge for their team. Would also make that a 7 player class for next season, which poses a problem itself IMO. Oregon had issues with their 6 player class. I think only 3/6 are left. Morris, Egbo, Smith, Scott-Grayson, DeCosta, Bickle, and Oliver. A solid group for 3 years thats for sure. One thing for sure is minutes will be TOUGH.

Cant think of a large class that didnt have defects in one manner or another. Tennessee's 2004 and 2008 6-packs had transfers and injuries that led to transfers, UCONN'S TASSK force and 2002 class also had injuries/eligibility issues. It's extremely rare in today's day and age that classes with 4+ kids stick it out without any defections.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Was it posted here that Chasity Patterson (spelling??) is transferring from Texas? I believe no.1 prospect for pg in her class. Don't quote me.

Potentially a big transfer here. Very interested to see where she goes. Texas loses its 2 highly touted 2017 recruits...they should be fine though with Prince, Collier and Sutton on board for the next couple of years.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I have read that also......she is still enrolled there....

So eligibility wise will she be a sophomore next year then? Would be huge for Baylor if she can join their loaded class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom