Non UConn College WBB News | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm simply immune to all but the most asinine or evil derogatory remarks about my home state. Been hearing them all my life. I've been all over and lived quite a few places. If it makes someone else feel better to think Mississippi sucks and to say so, who am I to spoil their fun. I like it here, warts and all.

Oh, and IWearShoes.

I've lived lots of places too. MS was my second favorite after my home state of AR. Lived in Jackson and worked the whole state, mostly in the delta. Beautiful place with nice people.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Here is something different. Coco, and anyone else who may be interested. After scoring 31 points in her first game this season, Aijha Blackwell missed her next two games, one a win and the other a loss last night. Last night she went to watch her friend, who plays for Lutheran North, play against Incarnate Word Academy while her team was losing without her. No one, including her mother, is commenting on why she missed the games. Strange, but true. A side note: Kiki Britzman, the player on Incarnate Word who wears number 24, which will be retired after this season, led the team in scoring. It must be something about that number. Again, Ricky Woltman, who is ranked as a top 50 recruit, proved she is not even the best player on Incarnate Word. The coach has her playing inside as he did Napheesa, and although she is an inch taller, she can't operate inside as well as Napheesa could.

Reaction Score
I'm simply immune to all but the most asinine or evil derogatory remarks about my home state. Been hearing them all my life. I've been all over and lived quite a few places. If it makes someone else feel better to think Mississippi sucks and to say so, who am I to spoil their fun. I like it here, warts and all.

Oh, and IWearShoes.

I've heard that Oxford Miss is a very nice university town...........

Reaction Score
Yes, ERIN Boley’s mom.

1544124186544.jpeg

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I've heard that Oxford Miss is a very nice university town......

It certainly is when the school in Starkville, which is a nice university town as well, is better than the school in Oxford in all the major sports (and most of the minor ones). :p:)

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
It certainly is when the school in Starkville, which is a nice university town as well, is better than the school in Oxford in all the major sports (and most of the minor ones). :p:)

I have a niece at Miss State, so love the school and state!

Reaction Score

I've heard that Oxford is kind of the liberal bastion of Mississippi

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I've heard that Oxford is kind of the liberal bastion of Mississippi

Certainly quite a few there, but there are also plenty at the other big institutions of higher learning in the State as well as around the capitol complex in Jackson.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ESPN article on how SC got the #1 recruiting class.

The official secrets behind South Carolina's historic recruiting class

A bit of a Diss at UConn (or the Masses?) by Dawn discussing Boston's recruitment.

"I have a really good relationship with Aliyah, but I didn't know if she was strong enough to come here because she was going against the masses," Staley said. "The masses thought she was headed to another school, and for her to choose us almost brought me to tears.

Reaction Score
A bit of a Diss at UConn (or the Masses?) by Dawn discussing Boston's recruitment.

"I have a really good relationship with Aliyah, but I didn't know if she was strong enough to come here because she was going against the masses," Staley said. "The masses thought she was headed to another school, and for her to choose us almost brought me to tears.

I don’t think it’s a diss to UConn. Dawn has much respect for Geno. Had she been able to actually beat UConn...then maybe it’d be a diss

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
It’s probably true the masses did think she was UConn’s to lose no problem with the statement

Right. Literally everyone thought she was going to UConn. Husky fans. Gamecock fans. Notre Dame fans. I’m sure 95% of us thought she would commit to UConn... Dawn just said it out loud. Aliyah probably had A LOT of people in her ear trying to sway her to UConn.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
And by the end of 2020 only 3 will still be with the gamecocks based on statistical evidence. Just like Jatarie White leaving from A’ja Wilson’s class, Mompremier leaving from Kalani Brown, too many bigs, too many other quality AAs and too many upperclassman. Seen it before...Question is which 2/3 leave?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Speaking of Vanderbilt in watching the Texas A&M/Houston brickfest last night, I heard Carolyn Peck announcing. I guess her tenure as an assistant under Stephanie White was brief-2 years. From the outside, looking in, I just don't see that Vanderbilt has made any strides under White:
2016-17 overall 14-16 SEC 4-12
2017-18 overall 7-24 SEC 3-13
2018-19 overall 4-5 and they have not beaten anyone of note-besides losing to UConn/NC State they also lost to the perennial powers North Alabama and Middle Tennessee State and a very average Kansas St. squad.

Anyone know if their recruiting has picked up and their is a light at the end of the tunnel?

Reaction Score
And by the end of 2020 only 3 will still be with the gamecocks based on statistical evidence. Just like Jatarie White leaving from A’ja Wilson’s class, Mompremier leaving from Kalani Brown, too many bigs, too many other quality AAs and too many upperclassman. Seen it before...Question is which 2/3 leave?

If this is a case your trying to make... who will transfer from Baylor’s 2018 class? I don’t think it’s a fair point to think they will transfer just because of what happened in the past even though it’s entirely possible. White transfered because of lack of playing time and playing behind an AA center in Coates. Mompremier wanted to play PF but got stuck at C behind Brown and also decided to transfer. Both cases are different. But none of SC’s recruits for next year plays the same position so playing time will certainly be available especially after this year.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Not that I would expect you too, but this post is proof you know very little about South Carolina's roster heading into the 2019-2020 season. This 2019 class isn't coming into the same SC program that A'ja's class is. A'ja's class was us reloading. The 2014 class took us to the next level and made us elite. Unfortunately, with the 2019 class we are in rebuild situation. Aliyah Boston will have no AA center in front of her, she'll likely be the most talented Center on roster next season AS A FRESHMAN. In fact, Boston will be our only TRUE post on the roster. Laeticia Amihere will have no AA power forward in front of her, again.. she will also likely be the most talented power forward on roster next season AS A FRESHMAN. Breanna Beal will have no AA wing in front of her, she will also probably be one of the most talented wings on roster next season AS A FRESHMAN. Zia Cooke has the most competition at her spot.. playing 1 year with Harris and 3 with Henderson but I'm willing to bet she will share the backcourt with Henderson long term, they are both strong ball handlers but one is more of a distributor and the other is scoring minded. I'm not saying transfers won't happen, but they probably won't be from this 2019 class.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Anyone know if their recruiting has picked up and their is a light at the end of the tunnel?

She has a 6-person recruiting class for 2019, led by:
  • Koi Love: #89 HoopGurlz, #40 ProspectsNation
  • Demi Washington: #97 HG, #132 PN
None of the other 4 are ranked by either service. The class is ranked #32 by PN. It's not much but surely an improvement over what they have now.

Reaction Score
She has a 6-person recruiting class for 2019, led by:
  • Koi Love: #89 HoopGurlz, #40 ProspectsNation
  • Demi Washington: #97 HG, #132 PN
None of the other 4 are ranked by either service. The class is ranked #32 by PN. It's not much but surely an improvement over what they have now.

a really tough school academically............can't be that easy to recruit there

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Men's basketball but here's a transfer waiver that was denied. Kid with troubled childhood, lost his mother to cancer as a high school senior and wanted to transfer from WVU to Wichita St to be closer to his support. Nope. The NCAA will have none of that. Don't come here shedding any crocodile tears. Denied.

ND and Shepard pulled a surprise on the NCAA and did some reverse psychology. Shepard was transferring away from home and family. Granted.

WSU coach summed it up nicely:

“Never surprised with the NCAA, never,” WSU coach Gregg Marshall said after the first NCAA decision. “I have no idea what they look at, what they think about. They make their decisions and they’re the judge and jury and we just move on.”

NCAA makes it official: No Teddy Allen for WSU this season after appeal denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul