Non UConn College WBB News | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope to go to a Marquette game at the Al McGuire Center. My granddaughter is a freshman there.
Al (a New York guy, I believe) was one of my favorites coaches, he put color in College Men's uniforms. His grandaughter played for UVa a few years back. Proud Grandad, hey?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Al (a New York guy, I believe) was one of my favorites coaches, he put color in College Men's uniforms. His grandaughter played for UVa a few years back. Proud Grandad, hey?
One of his players, i can't remember his name, designed the uniforms that had the shirt tails out. He was a tall player and I believe had a nickname. Oh, I just remembered, Bo Ellis.

Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Seriously? When Haley down selected her list of schools to 7 Duke made the down select along with UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Texas, Oregon, Stanford, Louisville, Texas. Haley made unofficial visits to all of them and all made in home visits EXCEPT Duke.

Yep... seriously. I dont really pay much attention to recruiting until a player commits to Duke... men's or women. Heck I walked right by that Brunel kid at the Duke home finale last season....... I just assumed she was just a random tall local high school kid.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yep... seriously. I dont really pay much attention to recruiting until a player commits to Duke... men's or women. Heck I walked right by that Brunel kid at the Duke home finale last season.. I just assumed she was just a random tall local high school kid.
That Brunelle kid signed with ND so you get to see her once a year starting next season.

Reaction Score
Yep... seriously. I dont really pay much attention to recruiting until a player commits to Duke... men's or women. Heck I walked right by that Brunel kid at the Duke home finale last season.. I just assumed she was just a random tall local high school kid.

that's OK....................................according to the revisionists here, that's all she ever was..............

Reaction Score

#19 Marquette lost to a D2. IIRC they have most players back from a team that lost to Notre Dame last season in OT

Reaction Score

#19 Marquette lost to a D2. IIRC they have most players back from a team that lost to Notre Dame last season in OT

Who is SkinsHoops86? I doubt it's LaVar Ball, even though that's his picture.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Who is SkinsHoops86? I doubt it's LaVar Ball, even though that's his picture.

If it is Lavar Ball, Maybe he is scouring the D2 WCBB ranks to find competition for his younger sons. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
that's OK......according to the revisionists here, that's all she ever was....
Samantha is very tall so I'm not sure there is much revisionistness going on there. I do know there was a lot of second guessing of Geno decision to stop recruiting her. Am I misremembering?

Reaction Score
Samantha is very tall so I'm not sure there is much revisionistness going on there. I do know there was a lot of second guessing of Geno decision to stop recruiting her. Am I misremembering?

you know exactly what I'm talking about.................she was the darling of this board (including the two of us) until the talk started that she might be favoring Notre Dame..............from then on she went from being one of the top players in the country to being just another tall high school kid to many of the folks here.......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
you know exactly what I'm talking about.......she was the darling of this board (including the two of us) until the talk started that she might be favoring Notre Dame....from then on she went from being one of the top players in the country to being just another tall high school kid to many of the folks here..
Actually I don't know what you are talking about. Everyone on this board knows you and I never agree on much, so don't go making "us" simpatico. Samantha remains a "darling" to me. Don't ever recall a point when she was favoring ND over UCONN-quite the opposite. Even when she was top player in the country, she was not without her flaws as a basketball player. Other players have emerged in that class and Samantha has made her decision to attend ND. I wish her well except when she plays UCONN. I've moved on, when will you?

Reaction Score
Actually I don't know what you are talking about. Everyone on this board knows you and I never agree on much, so don't go making "us" simpatico. [/QUOTE

Charliebball:
..in other words she's just a really, really good all around basketball player and even ranked at number 5 we'd be lucky to get her!!!!!

YOU:
Agree that we would be lucky to have her because the UCONN staff would know what to do with her.

Reaction Score
Actually I don't know what you are talking about. Everyone on this board knows you and I never agree on much, so don't go making "us" simpatico. I've moved on, when will you?

Charliebball:
..in other words she's just a really, really good all around basketball player and even ranked at number 5 we'd be lucky to get her!!!!!

YOU:
Agree that we would be lucky to have her because the UCONN staff would know what to do with her.[/QUOTE]

Moving On!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Head bang I should have never brought the kid's name up.

But to change the subject..... Alaska Anchorage plays Duke tomorrow in a exhibition game for the second year in a row. Unlike last year when UAA played two exhibition games in the state, this year they only play Duke. I dunno how much the schools get paid for these exhibition games.... but apparently money isnt an issue for Duke. Im sure there are closer DII opponents than ones located in Alaska. :cool:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, usually those exhibition games against D2 schools involve very little travel. Can't get much further from Anchorage than Durham.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow, usually those exhibition games against D2 schools involve very little travel. Can't get much further from Anchorage than Durham.

I went back and looked at previous seasons...... Schools from WV, GA, FL, SC, and NC filled the slate. I like Green uniforms.... so I dont mind watching UAA at all.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I went back and looked at previous seasons. Schools from WV, GA, FL, SC, and NC filled the slate. I like Green uniforms.... so I dont mind watching UAA at all.

I haven't been to UAA's campus, but I did go to a concert at Alaska-Fairbanks when my brother was stationed in the Air Force up there. They have a research center with muskox. Might be the only university in the U.S. that can claim that!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I haven't been to UAA's campus, but I did go to a concert at Alaska-Fairbanks when my brother was stationed in the Air Force up there. They have a research center with muskox. Might be the only university in the U.S. that can claim that!

I have no idea what muskox are. :confused:

I wonder if UA-Fairbanks has a problem with UA-Anchorage's uniforms... especially considering UA-Fairbanks is the flagship program (thanks Google). It would be like UNC-A coming out with North Carolina on their jersey.

BVXXIQNLMFSZWYR.20181104223506.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I have no idea what muskox are. :confused:

I doubt they come up conversationally very often in the Carolinas, or anywhere else along the eastern seaboard. Try to imagine a crazy hybrid between a bison and a yak, and you'll be on the right track. Only occur in very northern latitudes.

I wonder if UA-Fairbanks has a problem with UA-Anchorage's uniforms... especially considering UA-Fairbanks is the flagship program (thanks Google). It would be like UNC-A coming out with North Carolina on their jersey.

Ha. Good thing there aren't a bunch of NFL players from either school so we don't have to have a ridiculous beef like the situation with THE Ohio State University. I'm actually surprised Fairbanks is the flagship. It's got a fairly small town and very rural feel to it. Anchorage is really the only fairly large city in the state.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I doubt they come up conversationally very often in the Carolinas, or anywhere else along the eastern seaboard. Try to imagine a crazy hybrid between a bison and a yak, and you'll be on the right track. Only occur in very northern latitudes.

First thing that went through my mind is that it sounds like they would make a good burger or steak :D

Ha. Good thing there aren't a bunch of NFL players from either school so we don't have to have a ridiculous beef like the situation with THE Ohio State University. I'm actually surprised Fairbanks is the flagship. It's got a fairly small town and very rural feel to it. Anchorage is really the only fairly large city in the state.

I looked up their conference last year... and they are in the same conference along with schools from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Montana, and British Columbia. Now that I think of it.... its not anymore of a spread out conference than the American or Conference USA.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I looked up their conference last year... and they are in the same conference along with schools from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Montana, and British Columbia. Now that I think of it.... its not anymore of a spread out conference than the American or Conference USA.

Oh yeah, I know the GNAC. I went to Central Washington Univ. My brother and a bunch of other people I know went to Seattle Pacific. I've been to a few games now and then over the years at SPU. It's just a hop, skip and a jump away from Univ. of Washington, on opposite sides of I-5. Pretty much a straight shot east-west of each other.

I'm really off on a tangent now but Jon Kitna was the QB at CWU while I was there. He was really good but I never expected he was gonna go on to a fairly long NFL career.

Reaction Score
Was just watching first half of Ohio St. vs USF... Smh. Ohio St. looks like a JV H.S. team and USF doesn't look much better. It'll definitely be like another exhibition game for the girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom