Non UConn College WBB News | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
per Jody Demling

BREAKING: Louisville women's basketball team lands a commitment from Japanese star Norika Konna. She's the third commitment in the '19 class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was a little surprised she took the visit to Kentucky in the first place. I was thinking that maybe she wanted to get back to the P5 level. C-USA will get very interesting if they add Boothe. C-USA also has Rice with the Ogwumike sisters and 6'9 Nancy Mulkey. WKU lost two incoming freshman to the SEC, one to Mizzou and one to South Carolina.

C-USA aside, does adding Boothe turn them into any type of threat? What is the furthest those two take them? I think the 2019 Hayes is the lowest ranked of the quad

Reaction Score
Courtney transferred for the fifth year scholarship and the pre-law degree. She may have wanted more playing time but basketball is not at the top of her list. And more power to her! She gave her all in games and practice at UConn and apparently was a great teammate. I saw a couple of her games last year and she really hasn't changed much. Defensive skills average to below average and a tendency to get lost in the schemes.
Everyone wants more playing time but Ekmark NEVER would get it if she remained a Huskie.

Reaction Score
contrary to some here, it appears Ohio State isn't going to lose every game this season..........interesting that they play USF just before the UConn game...........that will tell us something............

Reaction Score
IUP beat Pitt WBB in their exhibition last year. Lost 2 starters but have added a D1 transfer and I think have 3 on their team. Their PG definitely could play at a lower D1 no doubt. They made it to the D2 FF last season. I wouldn’t have been surprised if it was closer quite honestly

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
contrary to some here, it appears Ohio State isn't going to lose every game this season.....interesting that they play USF just before the UConn game......that will tell us something..

IUP is a reasonable frame of reference. They finished ranked #3 in Division II last year. They also beat Pitt in an exhibition game (but lost 108-40 to ND). They did graduate their top scorer, so not sure if they are quite as good this year but I'd bet they'll probably still be strong in DII.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The Texas women are currently playing West Texas A&M on the Longhorn network. Texas is up 14-11.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Courtney transferred for the fifth year scholarship and the pre-law degree. She may have wanted more playing time but basketball is not at the top of her list. And more power to her! She gave her all in games and practice at UConn and apparently was a great teammate. I saw a couple of her games last year and she really hasn't changed much. Defensive skills average to below average and a tendency to get lost in the schemes.
At one time basketball was at the top of her list. That is one of the reasons she home schooled her senior year in high school. She spent that year supposedly preparing for UConn basketball, so the story goes.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Jatarie White didn’t start. Charli Collier is going to be so good if she keeps improving. She and Sedona are going to be a force on the frontline when she returns.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Rutgers is dealing with quite a few injuries to start the season. Tekia Mack dislocated her elbow, CVS said she’ll be out another 2-3 weeks. KK Sanders got a screw put in her arm recently and will be out 6-8 weeks. Arella Guirantes is under Concussion protocol for the past few weeks and I’m hoping will be back for Tuesday’s season opener. Sierra Calhoun has also been out with an undisclosed injury and CVS doesn’t know when she’ll be back.

With Sanders out, I see Zipporah Broughton getting a lot of PT which isn’t a bad thing. I just really hope Guirantes and Calhoun will be able to play Tuesday.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting that Jatarie White didn’t start. Charli Collier is going to be so good if she keeps improving. She and Sedona are going to be a force on the frontline when she returns.

The recap of the game is at

Women's Basketball defeats West Texas A&M in exhibition game - Texas Athletics

Collier was really good. Her post game interview was also very business like. Losing out on her will really hurt unless ONO progresses faster than anticipated. :(

1540981637564.png

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'll tell ya, the international basketball big wigs really went all out to find an exotic destination for the FIBA 3X3 competition next year:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I understand that Mongolia is a basketball hotbed. Basketball is second only to yak racing in the “Land of the Eternal Blue Sky.” :oops:

Don't forget eagle hunting. In all seriousness "The Eagle Huntress" is an excellent documentary about a determined young lady and her proud father, well worth a watch. But yeah, hoops, not so sure about that...

Reaction Score
I understand that Mongolia is a basketball hotbed. Basketball is second only to yak racing in the “Land of the Eternal Blue Sky.” :oops:

I guess you aren't aware of the YBL..................... the Yak Basketball League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom