Non UConn College WBB News | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm going to have some fun today. At 11 I'll be having a root canal.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For the sake of the collective blood pressure of the Boneyard.... I hope you are right :cool:
Of course I hope so too, but part of me doesn't want to feed this spoiled brat syndrome that has afflicted a certain layer among us.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm catching a few minutes of the Kentucky game during my lunch break and just now discovering that McKenzie Calvert—who started at USC, then played a year at Kansas (which ended under troubling circumstances), and then made a short-lived stop at Texas Tech—has resurfaced at Morehead State.

The Official Site of Morehead State University Athletics

She's listed as a grad student on Morehead's roster, but I believe she's a junior in terms of eligibility.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Chennedy Carter sitting out today for Texas A&M. In related news, Lamar leads Texas A&M 39-35 at halftime.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A&M still down to Lamar 53-45 in the 3rd Qtr. So far this season, Lamar has wins over Louisiana, McMurry, Louisiana College and Le Tourneau. A win over A&M would be quite the resume builder.

Somehow A&M will figure out a way to avoid this embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Not the first time Chennedy Carter has been benched due to team violations. Must be a piece of work. Costed them a really good 18-19 team.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
A&M still down to Lamar 53-45 in the 3rd Qtr. So far this season, Lamar has wins over Louisiana, McMurry, Louisiana College and Le Tourneau. A win over A&M would be quite the resume builder.

Somehow A&M will figure out a way to avoid this embarrassment.
Or not. Lamar over A&M 74-68.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's a wrap. Texas A&M loses to Lamar 74-68.
Will be interesting to see how much the pollsters drop A&M for this loss, considering Carter missed the game.

A&M next plays at Houston on Dec. 6, a game that will be shown on ESPN2.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So Carter comes in and instantly grabs a huge spotlight and a huge FGA total.

Williams and Howard transfer despite Texas A&M looking well-positioned to be a top team this year.

Carter gets herself suspended and with a weakened supporting cast A&M is too thin to defeat Lamar.

Correlation does not imply causation and I don't know what Chennedy Carter is like as a person. But from the outside, it certainly makes you wonder...as talented as she is, is it wise to build your team around her?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
downloadfile-5.jpg

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
This is a shocker for me, even with Carter sitting. MSU played Lamar earlier this year and won by 51.

I have no information on the Howard and Williams transfers, but it certainly could be a major situation with Carter. She really hurt her team today.

Lamar does have a very impressive guard in Barrs. She gave the quick State guards plenty of trouble early. From their website...

Named Southland Conference Defensive Player of the Year for an unprecedented third straight season … First-team All-Southland Conference … Led nation with 191 steals, equaling the NCAA single-season record ... Averaged 6.37 steals per game to lead the nation ... Ended the season with 456 career steals, a Southland Conference record ... Averaged 12.1 ppg overall and 12.0 ppg in conference play ... Led Southland Conference in assists (199), assists per game (6.6), steals (191), steals per game (6.37) and assist/turnover ratio (2.2) ... Set school record with four triple-doubles ... Had nine double-doubles ...First-team selection on Southland Conference All-Academic Team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I took a look at the box score an A & M only attempted 1 3pt shot all game.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This is a shocker for me, even with Carter sitting. MSU played Lamar earlier this year and won by 51.

I have no information on the Howard and Williams transfers, but it certainly could be a major situation with Carter. She really hurt her team today.

Lamar does have a very impressive guard in Barrs. She gave the quick State guards plenty of trouble early. From their website...

Named Southland Conference Defensive Player of the Year for an unprecedented third straight season … First-team All-Southland Conference … Led nation with 191 steals, equaling the NCAA single-season record ... Averaged 6.37 steals per game to lead the nation ... Ended the season with 456 career steals, a Southland Conference record ... Averaged 12.1 ppg overall and 12.0 ppg in conference play ... Led Southland Conference in assists (199), assists per game (6.6), steals (191), steals per game (6.37) and assist/turnover ratio (2.2) ... Set school record with four triple-doubles ... Had nine double-doubles ...First-team selection on Southland Conference All-Academic Team.

Thanks for sharing...just looked her up. She has a shot to break the all time record for steals if she slightly ups her season rate. She's up to 492 (career record is 624) and she should have at least 23-24 more games to play. She'd need to average 5.5/game if they play 24 games, or 4.9 if they play 27.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing...just looked her up. She has a shot to break the all time record for steals if she slightly ups her season rate. She's up to 492 (career record is 624) and she should have at least 23-24 more games to play. She'd need to average 5.5/game if they play 24 games, or 4.9 if they play 27.

Glad you were interested. In the postgame presser Vic was effusive in his praise for her. Said she had a great chance to set the career NCAA record for steals. Her numbers will surely go up in conference play. Incredible win for that school shouldn't be overlooked.

Reaction Score
Shocking to me! Lamar not big so Texas A&M should have dominated inside even without Carter.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Lamar's losses so far this season are to Miss St (104-53), Denver U (117-110) and Ohio U (87-62).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom