Non UConn College WBB News | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Was just watching first half of Ohio St. vs USF... Smh. Ohio St. looks like a JV H.S. team and USF doesn't look much better. It'll definitely be like another exhibition game for the girls!

It’s going to be a long season for OSU. I’m at the game and it’s frustrating. The person I’m with said “it looks like they are all in high school” and Jensen Caretti is suspended for at least three games. So only one player right now who has played for the buckeyes before right now. McGuff has no new offensive schemes and zero idea how to handle defense for three point shooting. We’ll see how this second half goes.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oh my, I wonder what excuse they used for Maley for immediate eligibility? This waiver stuff needs to stop. Either everybody has to sit out a year, or everybody can play right away. The NCAA picking and choosing with no transparency is ridiculous. And I actually like Maley. Had no idea there was any attempt to get her eligible this season. I'm just kind of stunned.

edited--I've got it. As an Australian Maley didn't realize how much it rains in the Willamette Valley in the fall and winter and it caused her emotional distress.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I guess in the mean time every school that gets a transfer player should put in a request to the NCAA for immediate eligibility. Why not? Nothing to lose, and you might get a player a year earlier than expected. No rhyme or reason to NCAA decisions.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe the NCAA is just trying to CYA after the Shepard ruling last year. They and Notre Dame took plenty of heat. Quick, let's give somebody else immediate eligibility so people quit focusing on the Irish.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Has Dawn chimed in yet? That's always entertaining.

Reaction Score
OSU is going to be horrible this season , pretty sure thats why majority recruits had them in their final 4-10 bc they know they would get maximum playing time their first year and so on . McGuff has never been a good coach imo , including at Xavier .

Reaction Score
Maybe the NCAA is just trying to CYA after the Shepard ruling last year. They and Notre Dame took plenty of heat. Quick, let's give somebody else immediate eligibility so people quit focusing on the Irish.

Mad much lol

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Were McGwire and Campisano smart enough to come up with the same story that Maley did so they can be immediately eligible as well? I mean they all played at the same school for the same coaching staff with the same teammates.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND wanted her , but she didnt want ND .
did they?

Mabrey said the Irish offered her a scholarship. But the Notre Dame coaches, Mabrey said, had another point guard who was their No. 1 target.
"I was No. 2 on their list, and I'm not ashamed of that," Mabrey said. "I could picture myself at Notre Dame, but when I visited Virginia Tech, I knew I was home."

Manasquan senior Dara Mabrey on competitive family and Virginia Tech decision

I'm not sure if Nixon is that #1 target to whom she refers but anyway it worked out for all sides. ND has Nixon plus Gilbert as a combo guard and Peoples on the way. So point guard is more than covered going forward.

Dara gets to be a big fish right away on an up-and-coming VA Tech team. At ND, she would have to wait her turn for playing time and would be constantly compared to her sisters. At VA Tech, she'll get to be appreciated for being Dara Mabrey not for being Michaela & Marina's little sister.

Reaction Score
Mabrey said the Irish offered her a scholarship. But the Notre Dame coaches, Mabrey said, had another point guard who was their No. 1 target.
"I was No. 2 on their list, and I'm not ashamed of that," Mabrey said. "I could picture myself at Notre Dame, but when I visited Virginia Tech, I knew I was home."

Manasquan senior Dara Mabrey on competitive family and Virginia Tech decision

I'm not sure if Nixon is that #1 target to whom she refers but anyway it worked out for all sides. ND has Nixon plus Gilbert as a combo guard and Peoples on the way. So point guard is more than covered going forward.

Dara gets to be a big fish right away on an up-and-coming VA Tech team. At ND, she would have to wait her turn for playing time and would be constantly compared to her sisters. At VA Tech, she'll get to be appreciated for being Dara Mabrey not for being Michaela & Marina's little sister.

My guess would be Jenna Brown as the number 1 Target, but we may never really know.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
OSU is going to be horrible this season , pretty sure thats why majority recruits had them in their final 4-10 bc they know they would get maximum playing time their first year and so on . McGuff has never been a good coach imo , including at Xavier .

Let's hope UConn adds to their misery Sunday by getting a convincing win, ALL of our girls play well, and no one gets hurt. :cool:

Reaction Score
definitely OT......not sure if all have heard of Zion Williamson the Duke freshman...6'7" 285 pounds with a 42" vertical and the moves of a two guard.....a one and done for sure

He’s BIG TIME!! I’ve always been a big Duke fan since Christian Laettner and Grant Hill..... but this is probably the best Duke squad ever! RJ Barrett, Zion Williamson, and Cam Reddish will make up the #1,2, and 3 players in next years NBA Draft!

Reaction Score
He’s BIG TIME!! I’ve always been a big Duke fan since Christian Laettner and Grant Hill..... but this is probably the best Duke squad ever! RJ Barrett, Zion Williamson, and Cam Reddish will make up the #1,2, and 3 players in next years NBA Draft!

Barrett is incredibly athletic.........not sure how anybody is getting by Duke this year.............those three will all be gone shortly..........

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im a few months late...... not sure if it was covered in this thread or not (its a kinda big thread these days) but anyway.... I had no idea that Elon lost a transfer to MTSU this summer. :confused:

MTSU women's basketball adds Elon transfer Ra'Shika White

She was a good player second team All-Colonial.... Conference 6th woman of the year... MTSU should be a mid-major to look out for in 2019-20.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Absolutely nuts how that first game went. I can't recall ever seeing a team look so dominant right off the bat, especially a roster made up with 4 freshmen starting. Let's see if they can play at a high level consistently. Long season ahead but that was a heck of a start for Duke.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
definitely OT......not sure if all have heard of Zion Williamson the Duke freshman...6'7" 285 pounds with a 42" vertical and the moves of a two guard.....a one and done for sure

Let the tanking begin. I am now ready and rooting for the Knicks to lose every game and for the NBA to give us a little help with the ping ping balls. ;)

Reaction Score
Let the tanking begin. I am now ready and rooting for the Knicks to lose every game and for the NBA to give us a little help with the ping ping balls. ;)

if their ever was an NBA ready body this guy has it........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom