NBA Draft Lottery Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Reaction Score
Sixers get lakers pick next year. It's unprotected. And in 2019 it goes to the Magic.

Unprotected Lakers pick to Philly next year, but since it didn't convey this year, it would have to be 2 years from next year for Magic (Stepien rule). BUT, because of that, the Magic pick becomes 2 #2s instead of the #1 due to a stipulation in the trade about when it could convey. That's why this top 3 was so big for the Lakers, it's a triple whammy: 1) Get a top 3 pick. 2) Convey presumably a worse pick to Sixers next year. 3) Keep the Magic-owed #1.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Unprotected Lakers pick to Philly next year, but since it didn't convey this year, it would have to be 2 years from next year for Magic (Stepien rule). BUT, because of that, the Magic pick becomes 2 #2s instead of the #1 due to a stipulation in the trade about when it could convey. That's why this top 3 was so big for the Lakers, it's a triple whammy: 1) Get a top 3 pick. 2) Convey presumably a worse pick to Sixers next year. 3) Keep the Magic-owed #1.

That's a pretty juicy 2nd for Orlando, but yeah not nearly as good as it could've been.

First mock has them taking Tatum and frank Jackson.

At 35 or whatever it is they can get another useful player.

Reaction Score
Hami Projected to BK...

27. Brooklyn Nets (via Celtics)
20463.jpg

Hamidou Diallo
Kentucky
Freshman
Guard

The Nets need to be swinging for the fences in this draft, and Diallo has all the makings of a boom-or-bust prospect. He has elite physical tools, including a 44½-inch maximum vertical, which was the second-highest ever tested at the combine. He also has elite length for his position.

However, his lack of consistent perimeter skills and overall feel for the game have some scouts wondering if he's more of an athlete than a basketball player. If he decides to stay in the draft, he's worth the risk.

Reaction Score
It was absolutely the Celts who didn't pull the trigger.
Nope, but if you want to believe that fine. But you are wrong and people who report the sport for a living has made that clear.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't write off Simmons yet. I def see him as having star potential.
100% agree on Simmons. I also think Saric has potential to be a very solid NBA player, but I am not convinced they can get FAs or that Embiid can stay on the court for a full season (and he is only under contract for 2 more years).

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan, I'm hoping Dennis Smith Jr. falls to #8.

Consider this nightmare scenario:

1) Celtics - Fultz
2) Lakers - Ball
3) 76ers - Tatum
4) Suns - Jackson
5) Kings - Fox
6) Magic - Smith
7) Timberwolves - Monk
8) Knicks - ?

Who do you take then? The PG from France? Jonathon Issac? Collins from Gonzaga? I really want Fox or Smith but fear both will be gone. :(

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
100% agree on Simmons. I also think Saric has potential to be a very solid NBA player, but I am not convinced they can get FAs or that Embiid can stay on the court for a full season (and he is only under contract for 2 more years).

From what we've seen, it truly is amazing how good Embiid could have been if he hadn't spent his career in the tub.

Reaction Score

1) Celtics - Fultz
2) Lakers - Ball
3) 76ers - Tatum
4) Suns - Jackson
5) Kings - Fox
6) Magic - Smith
7) Timberwolves - Monk
8) Knicks - ?

Who do you take then? The PG from France? Jonathon Issac? Collins from Gonzaga? I really want Fox or Smith but fear both will be gone. :(
I would be surprised if Issac is not a top 7 pick.

Reaction Score
I would take French PG, honestly that kid looks like he could be as good as anyone in draft

1) Celtics - Fultz
2) Lakers - Ball
3) 76ers - Tatum
4) Suns - Jackson
5) Kings - Fox
6) Magic - Smith
7) Timberwolves - Monk
8) Knicks - ?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is why you sell high on IT. You elongate the window to wait out Lebron.
No matter what "sell high" means, you won't get a player back nearly as good. And whoever ends up with the best player, wins the trade. Plus, the Celtics are Charlotte or Atlanta without IT.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think they should have the space too if they dropped Olynyk. If this is wrong, blame Lowe. Danny has a crazy couple of years ahead of him. There is no way they end up with a non-great team, but they are the strong favorite to be the big guy in the East post-Lebron (and maybe concurrently) if Ainge can make a few correct moves.

yeah, drop a guy who just scored 26 points in a game 7. The Celts have lots of good players. They can trade them, but Olnyk is a valuable guy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
yeah, drop a guy who just scored 26 points in a game 7. The Celts have lots of good players. They can trade them, but Olnyk is a valuable guy.

If it's Hayward vs Olnyk, you take Hayward 100/100. I know they don't play the same position, but it doesn't matter in this scenario.

Reaction Score
No matter what "sell high" means, you won't get a player back nearly as good. And whoever ends up with the best player, wins the trade. Plus, the Celtics are Charlotte or Atlanta without IT.
Not if you use the money you have to to max out IT on Hayward, Lowry, or Griffin.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If it's Hayward vs Olnyk, you take Hayward 100/100. I know they don't play the same position, but it doesn't matter in this scenario.

Sure. Just saying that you package him and trade him, rather than drop him. I think he's a better player than most people realize, and I think Ainge knows that.

Reaction Score
Sure. Just saying that you package him and trade him, rather than drop him. I think he's a better player than most people realize, and I think Ainge knows that.

The salary cap space to bring in a max guy is probably more important than an asset you could get back by trading him, unless you're trading straight for picks or swaps (but there may be some salary cap implications to that I don't know about).

Reaction Score

I guess if you don't consider defense the first part of this could be true. The 2nd part is nonsense. Third part isn't far off, but doesn't consider the trade return or addition of Fultz, etc.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Oh I know. I meant next year. But then again, they could be in line to land either Ayton or Bamba to eventually replace Al. So many options.

I really think they need to hold onto Nets '18. It's probably the only shot they have of drafting a franchise big.

All of the great bigs are staying put. Boogie was the only guy available.

Reaction Score
I really think they need to hold onto Nets '18. It's probably the only shot they have of drafting a franchise big.

This X1000. Getting Bamba or Ayton next year would be tremendous

Reaction Score
Yup

Ayton, Porter or Bamba

And other potential bigs like Carter, Robinson and Richards

Real deep bigs draft in 2018

Not to go too crazy, but in 2019 they have 3 #1s (theirs, Memphis, Clips)

No idea what those will be but how about all of those, another couple assets for Bagley

Depends on what happens next year

I think if they sign Hayward they'll move Crowder or Brown and not resign Kelly O, etc

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

The Celtics are not one player away from beating CLE or GS unless that player is someone like Anthony Davis.

Lebron still has a 2-3 year window and GS has at lesat that.

give yourelf a chance to build like OKC, for not only that reason, but because Al Horford is the biggest FA prize in franchise history. You can't count on making a big FA splash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom