NBA Draft Lottery Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Lottery Thread

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Like trading the pick for Klay Thompson?

If Danny could fleece someone that badly, then yes. But that's not going to happen. Warriors would be the biggest idiots in the world.

Reaction Score
Hooper, seeing as you're plugged in here, there's no scuttlebutt about Danny overthinking it and doing something stupid is there? All in on Fultz.
Haven't asked since the day after the draft lottery. Just know that Danny likes Fultz and wasn't crazy about Ball. I doubt the Celtics trade the pick but you never know. He'd have to get something really good back and feel like he won the trade.

I'll be curious to see if Danny changes his mind and goes for someone like Josh Jackson. I just don't think Fultz is so much better than some of the others that Danny can't change his mind.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Haven't asked since the day after the draft lottery. Just know that Danny likes Fultz and wasn't crazy about Ball. I doubt the Celtics trade the pick but you never know. He'd have to get something really good back and feel like he won the trade.

I'll be curious to see if Danny changes his mind and goes for someone like Josh Jackson. I just don't think Fultz is so much better than some of the others that Danny can't change his mind.

It's because he's not that much better.

There's legitimate question if he's better at all.

This is a very weird draft. And there's not even a Wiggins in here, much less a Brow or a Simmons or a KAT.

Jackson though is rather duplicative to Brown, although a better version.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ball refuses to workout with the Celtics to ensure he doesn't play in the "racist" city of Boston - I am sure via his father's wishes
Obvious he is aiming at LA
If I was DA, I'd draft the kid and trade him to Minnesota just on spite
In all seriousness, I am not convinced that Ball will be an above average pro so Fultz is probably the way he will go
Me, I would be looking at Jackson

the Q

Reaction Score
Ball refuses to workout with the Celtics to ensure he doesn't play in the "racist" city of Boston - I am sure via his father's wishes
In all seriousness, I am not convinced that Ball will be an above average pro so Fultz is probably the way he will go

If it got them KAT I'm all for that.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Hooper, seeing as you're plugged in here, there's no scuttlebutt about Danny overthinking it and doing something stupid is there? All in on Fultz.
Didn't realize Hooper was connected within the NBA owners and GM ring, news to me.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This is the most gtcam assessment of a pro sports league humanly possible.

Reaction Score
Wiggins is a joke. He's a total bust when you look deep at his game.

Fultz is a potential star, Jackson too. Beyond that who knows.

Lots of potential.

This is a very weird draft. And there's not even a Wiggins in here, much less a Brow or a Simmons or a KAT.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Hooper was connected within the NBA owners and GM ring, news to me.

Only the Celtics. He works or used to work for them or something like that. I can't remember exactly.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

KAT was no sure thing predraft. There were all kinds of questions if he'd go 1 or not or if he'd be really good.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Ball is a very good point guard who is an excellent passer and plays very good defense. The only reason I wouldn't is his pops.
I'd take Fultz all things considered and would sign Hayward to a max contract.

Reaction Score

There's no question from anyone other than you and like 1 writer you've glommed onto.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ball is a very good point guard who is an excellent passer and plays very good defense. The only reason I wouldn't is his pops.
I'd take Fultz all things considered and would sign Hayward to a max contract.

Plays very good defense? Tell that to De'Aaron Fox. Kid dropped 39 on Ball in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Plays very good defense? Tell that to De'Aaron Fox. Kid dropped 39 on Ball in the tournament.

Not only that but UCLA was horrible defensively all year. Lonzo has an extremely low floor to go along with whatever people think his ceiling is.

Reaction Score
I am obviously prejudiced, but I think Jackson is going to be one hell of a pro. The kid got better as the year went along and seems to have an attitude that he is not afraid of work and listening to coaches. Fultz led his team to 24 losses, and if you pick Ball you get his wacko dad as well. Whoever picks Jackson will end up being thrilled with the pick.

Reaction Score
I am obviously prejudiced, but I think Jackson is going to be one hell of a pro. The kid got better as the year went along and seems to have an attitude that he is not afraid of work and listening to coaches. Fultz led his team to 24 losses, and if you pick Ball you get his wacko dad as well. Whoever picks Jackson will end up being thrilled with the pick.

Arbitrary endpoint, but if he can shoot like he did in his last 18 games (48% from 3), he'll be Kawhi.

the Q

Reaction Score
There's no question from anyone other than you and like 1 writer you've glommed onto.

not true at all.

Among these 14 teams, Fultz and Ball are essentially in a dead heat -- each player has seven teams that would take him No. 1.

from Chad Ford insider article talking to the execs on lottery teams.

This isn't nearly as clear cut in NBA circles as you guys think it is.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah, like I trust anything Chad Ford says. Sounds like he's guessing who likes Fultz and who likes Ball.

Also, people give too short shrift to the idea that GMs/Execs float ideas in the media in the hopes of influencing perception...maybe so a guy slides or even try and fake out another weak GM to not draft a guy they don't want to play against. I know the practice is rife in the NFL, and while I don't know much vis a vis NBA executive MO's, I'd be surprised if it wasn't used there as well.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is the most gtcam assessment of a pro sports league humanly possible.
love your idiotic sense of humor
you just don't get it, do you? sarcasm or not
as I have said - we aren't in the same league

Reaction Score
not true at all.

from Chad Ford insider article talking to the execs on lottery teams.

This isn't nearly as clear cut in NBA circles as you guys think it is.
If you go back and read the article after the draft it'll say all 14 teams would take Fultz #1 though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom