NBA Draft Lottery Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Reaction Score
Honestly, if we were going into this series with Butler instead of Crowder I would be thinking we can keep this real competitive

That would have also meant no Brown, Rozier and French Draymond stash

The Celtics are not one player away from beating CLE or GS unless that player is someone like Anthony Davis.

Lebron still has a 2-3 year window and GS has at lesat that.

give yourelf a chance to build like OKC, for not only that reason, but because Al Horford is the biggest FA prize in franchise history. You can't count on making a big FA splash.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not to go too crazy, but in 2019 they have 3 #1s (theirs, Memphis, Clips)

Danny Ainge is a genius. Or other GMs are stupid. Probably a combo.

And they are not moving Brown.

Reaction Score
Nope, but if you want to believe that fine. But you are wrong and people who report the sport for a living has made that clear.

It was well known that he could have been had if the Celts had met an insane asking price, but apparently you only seem to remember what the narrative was after the deadline had already passed.

Reaction Score
Not if you use the money you have to to max out IT on Hayward, Lowry, or Griffin.

It's not really an either/or situation since they can give Hayward a fat contract this summer and then still resign IT next summer, and there'd be absolutely 0 logic in getting rid of IT to go sign Lowry.

Reaction Score
I guess if you don't consider defense the first part of this could be true. The 2nd part is nonsense. Third part isn't far off, but doesn't consider the trade return or addition of Fultz, etc.

Name me some trades in the history of the NBA in which getting the best player in a trade =/= winning the trade.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Name me some trades in the history of the NBA in which getting the best player in a trade =/= winning the trade.

Grant hill to Orlando.

The celtics trade with Brooklyn that we saw in effect last night.

Reaction Score
Grant hill to Orlando.

The celtics trade with Brooklyn that we saw in effect last night.

Grant Hill was a sign & trade that was only a "trade" in order to get Hill the biggest contract possible.

Celts was players for picks, hard to do a comparison of who got the best player in the trade if only 1 team is getting players.

Reaction Score
Who knows, one mock has them taking Tatum so that would imply they like their guard situation and would move Brown

If Brown was in this year's draft he wouldn't even go in the lottery

Danny Ainge is a genius. Or other GMs are stupid. Probably a combo.

And they are not moving Brown.

Reaction Score
Consider this nightmare scenario:

1) Celtics - Fultz
2) Lakers - Ball
3) 76ers - Tatum
4) Suns - Jackson
5) Kings - Fox
6) Magic - Smith
7) Timberwolves - Monk
8) Knicks - ?

Who do you take then? The PG from France? Jonathon Issac? Collins from Gonzaga? I really want Fox or Smith but fear both will be gone. :(
I want no part of Smith. I'm hoping Fox or Monk drop, could live with Isaac or the French PG

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I want no part of Smith. I'm hoping Fox or Monk drop, could live with Isaac or the French PG

Fox is going to be the steal of the draft if he falls.

Reaction Score
Possibly, a lot see him as a clone of Wall

How about C's #1 + Crowder/Brown for Butler + Bulls 2018 #1

That would be awesome

Fox is going to be the steal of the draft if he falls.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Possibly, a lot see him as a clone of Wall

How about C's #1 + Crowder/Brown for Butler + Bulls 2018 #1

That would be awesome

No way I'd do that deal as the Celtics. In another two years I think Brown is better than Butler, straight up. They are not trading Brown. Butler is not the missing piece for the C's.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I would feel bad for knicks fans, they lost their chance at Smith/Foxx, but once again Nets fan so...

Reaction Score
No way. Brown can come in and give them a few energy minutes. He's a terrible shooter, awful handle and can't defend smaller, quicker 2s or stronger 3s.

Maybe Brown ends up being good, who knows, I still hate the pick.

No way I'd do that deal as the Celtics. In another two years I think Brown is better than Butler, straight up. They are not trading Brown. Butler is not the missing piece for the C's.

the Q

Reaction Score
I would feel bad for knicks fans, they lost their chance at Smith/Foxx, but once again Nets fan so...

They should look at Collins.

Him and Zinger on the front line is super young and really really good.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No way. Brown can come in and give them a few energy minutes. He's a terrible shooter, awful handle and can't defend smaller, quicker 2s or stronger 3s.

Brown certainly had a better rookie year than Butler. Better than Butler's second year. I don't think you can judge him at this point. He has the athletic ability to be a monster player, but he's raw. Those players, rather than the guys with all the skills and without the athletic gifts, are the ones that develop.

Reaction Score

Who would you have rather picked? Brown will end up being the best pick at 3, and it won't be close.

Reaction Score

We're talking about the Knicks right? I'd take Smith in a second, not a chance Fox or Monk is available at #8.. Wouldn't even shock me if Smith was gone too.

Reaction Score
We're talking about the Knicks right? I'd take Smith in a second, not a chance Fox or Monk is available at #8.. Wouldn't even shock me if Smith was gone too.
Yeah the Knicks. Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Fox are a given to be gone. After that I think it's a tossup who teams take between Isaac/Smith/Monk/Ntilikana

Reaction Score
Knicks will wind up with Ntilikina, guarantee it. Probably will work out too, like KP over Okafor two years ago. Hopefully a project-type kid will entice Melo to town too.

the Q

Reaction Score
Who would you have rather picked? Brown will end up being the best pick at 3, and it won't be close.

Trade.

Bender probably had the highest upside of anyone still on the board though.

Reaction Score

I think Smith is gonna rise up the boards, nearly every reputable mock has him being available for the Knicks but I don't think that'll be the case. He has his issues but someone is gonna take a chance on him given his athleticism and skill.

the Q

Reaction Score
I think Smith is gonna rise up the boards, nearly every reputable mock has him being available for the Knicks but I don't think that'll be the case. He has his issues but someone is gonna take a chance on him given his athleticism and skill.

He could easily go 5 to the Kings. It's him or fox there imo. Plus Orlando could but an end to the Payton era as well. Although I think they're more likely to take smith than fox.

Reaction Score

He's not going ahead of Fultz, Ball, or Fox, and how many teams need PGs in the top 8?

the Q

Reaction Score
He's not going ahead of Fultz, Ball, or Fox, and how many teams need PGs in the top 8?

Quite a few could take a pg. I think 4 or 5 in the top 6 are possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom