NBA Draft Lottery Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Lottery Thread

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
They beat a really tough Washington team that played its best ball of the year. There are two teams that are out of this world extraordinary and the likes that haven't been seen in the NBA since the Laker/Celtic 80s. In the "normal" NBA, the Celtics are a top 3-5 team - easy
That's the thing though, what's "normal" for the NBA elite has changed. The title winners are composed of multiple two way superstars, C's are playing scrappy underdog ball but will be exposed against the "new" NBA in Cleveland.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
They of course have a legit shot at the #1 pick next season too. The Nets are the worst franchise in sports, right? The second is across the river.

What river connects Brooklyn to Nashville?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Would they be able to Max Hayward, and Thomas along with Al? Legit question becuase that would be an unbelievable squad.
I really wouldn't call it an "unbelievable" squad. In the NBA everything is relative to the competition, and look at GSW, CLE or SA? Adding Hayward to this current team would add maybe 6 wins in the regular season and the same result in the ECF.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's the thing though, what's "normal" for the NBA elite has changed. The title winners are composed of multiple two way superstars, C's are playing scrappy underdog ball but will be exposed against the "new" NBA in Cleveland.
They aren't beating Cleveland but there aren't enough superstars to make a league of teams like Cleveland and GS. IMHO, those two are the exception. The C's are scrappy but are not underdogs except vs Cavs and GS

Reaction Score
I really wouldn't call it an "unbelievable" squad. In the NBA everything is relative to the competition, and look at GSW, CLE or SA? Adding Hayward to this current team would add maybe 6 wins in the regular season and the same result in the ECF.
I'm just assuming if Fultz can become a superstar talent and Lebron falls off at some point. That team's window is wider than Cleveland's. I've always held the stance the C's need to build with the Nets picks strictly because Lebron at his current level isn't not getting to the finals.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I'm just assuming if Fultz can become a superstar talent and Lebron falls off at some point. That team's window is wider than Cleveland's. I've always held the stance the C's need to build with the Nets picks strictly because Lebron at his current level isn't not getting to the finals.
I agree with that, the Celtics simply need to wait Lebron's prime out, there's really no way around that currently.

Reaction Score
No way, dump IT over Bradley.

Sign Hayward

IT is far too important of a facilitator. I can't see a situation where they get rid of him. The guy is an All-Star averaging 30 ppg.

Bradley is expendable in that Hayward is an upgrade on offense, and you can supplant Avery's defense with the combo of Smart/Rozier. Jalen is a very underrated defender as well.

Reaction Score
Would they be able to Max Hayward, and Thomas along with Al? Legit question becuase that would be an unbelievable squad.

Not entirely sure they could do all 3. Judging by Isaiah's character/humbleness it wouldn't shock me if he took a pay cut for the team.

Reaction Score
So the Celtics could renounce Olynyk, reunite Hayward with Stevens, and still have the assets to flip the Nets pick for a guy like Butler or PG (don't know if they would want to with him on a contract year). Now that could be something special, even when measuring up to the teams that matter. Should be an exciting summer.

Reaction Score
I agree with that, the Celtics simply need to wait Lebron's prime out, there's really no way around that currently.
I'm a Knicks fan actually but am beyond intrigued with the Celts current situation. They have robbed and swindled inferior GM's and hit an absolute home run with Stevens. Wide open window and can be competitive until they have the team to overtake the east. Meanwhile Phil is driving the clown mobile into a mulberry bush.

Reaction Score
So the Celtics could renounce Olynyk, reunite Hayward with Stevens, and still have the assets to flip the Nets pick for a guy like Butler or PG (don't know if they would want to with him on a contract year). Now that could be something special, even when measuring up to the teams that matter. Should be an exciting summer.

If the Celts didn't trade the pick for Butler when it was just a % to be #1 I can't imagine they'd deal now when it is the #1 pick.

Reaction Score
If the Celts didn't trade the pick for Butler when it was just a % to be #1 I can't imagine they'd deal now when it is the #1 pick.

Oh I know. I meant next year. But then again, they could be in line to land either Ayton or Bamba to eventually replace Al. So many options.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

This is why you sell high on IT. You elongate the window to wait out Lebron.

Reaction Score
I may be mistaken but is ti true that Fultz will make $700k more than IT next season as a rookie if he goes #1? IT may be on the best contract per dollar in a decade of NBA basketball.
Not true. The number one pick from last year's draft made $4.9 million this past season (NBA Rookie Scale - RealGM). That will go up some. IT's current contract will pay him $6,261,395 next season (Isaiah Thomas).

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I miss the days when you'd see junior and senior dominated lottery picks. I suppose you can't go back.

Reaction Score
I'm a Knicks fan actually but am beyond intrigued with the Celts current situation. They have robbed and swindled inferior GM's and hit an absolute home run with Stevens. Wide open window and can be competitive until they have the team to overtake the east. Meanwhile Phil is driving the clown mobile into a mulberry bush.

Philly is in fantastic position

Reaction Score
I miss the days when you'd see junior and senior dominated lottery picks. I suppose you can't go back.

If the rules were updated to be similar to baseball then I think you'd see more upperclassmen at the top of the draft. Either declare after high school or commit to 3 years of college. I like the concept but think it should be 2 years for basketball.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Not true. The number one pick from last year's draft made $4.9 million this past season (NBA Rookie Scale - RealGM). That will go up some. IT's current contract will pay him $6,261,395 next season (Isaiah Thomas).
Hmm, I was basing the statement off of ESPN's infographic showing the Celtics' cap situation next year if they took Fultz #1 and it said MK $7M and IT $6.3, maybe I misread it.

Reaction Score
Agreed but the talent hasn't come together yet to produce contenders like Boston or even Milwaukee who are both already good and in great positions to take over after the Cavs run. I expect Philly to make that jump once they're young talent is fully healthy and fits their roles.

Reaction Score
The Bulls were not trading Butler last summer or at the deadline. It was not the Celtics who did not pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Their one potential star from the tanking has played 31 games in 3 years. Great position with the cap but do you honestly think a true max level player will sign there with the current state of the team?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Disagree. Their one potential star from the tanking has played 31 games in 3 years. Great position with the cap but do you honestly think a true max level player will sign there with the current state of the team?

Wouldn't write off Simmons yet. I def see him as having star potential.

Reaction Score
What river connects Brooklyn to Nashville?
Actually I believe it can be done.
The Hudson River to the Erie Canal ,through Lake Erie,through the Ohio River system to the Ohio River, to Lake Barkley, to the Cumberland River which Flows through the heart of Nashville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom