NBA Draft Lottery Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You might max him out if you miss out on fultz. Now it's all about grooming fultz to take over.

Reaction Score
Random Suns fan here...was hoping for top 2 or top 3 with the Lakers being in the top 2 as I really want Jackson from Kansas. I guess worst case scenario they take a dookie if it goes Fultz, Ball, Jackson in whatever order.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I may be mistaken but is ti true that Fultz will make $700k more than IT next season as a rookie if he goes #1? IT may be on the best contract per dollar in a decade of NBA basketball.

Reaction Score
IT is a max player. The other people who have responded are much more judicious than the actual NBA is.

Probably true. This is a landscape where Otto Porter and Kentavious Caldwell Pope are going to get maxed out this summer.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Probably true. This is a landscape where Otto Porter and Kentavious Caldwell Pope are going to get maxed out this summer.
I think many teams are over-estimating the raining cap bubble, and will regret paying some of these up and comers big bucks with the expectation that the cap will keep skyrocketing at this rate to make the deal look great in a few years down the line.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No way, maxing out IT and Horford is basically conceding that you dont expect to be a top 3 team ever. IT is a great player but he cant be the best player on a title team, especially defensively, at his size. I think he takes a slight discount to stay on the team he enjoys playing for, but I'd be very surprised if someone gives him a true max.

This draft may have a lot of guards BUT none are on the level if IT offensively and I don't see them developing into that type of player. To be honest, this draft is really not that strong. Yeah maybe better defensively but how many of you can say you really know Ball or Faultz enough to appreciate the thought they could step in for IT in a year or two. Unless you religiously watched PAC 10 channel (as I have) you really don't have an idea. C's would be crazy to get rid of IT, Avery or Marcus and Rozier has improved. They need a big - a rebounding shot blocking big. Horford Zeller and Kelly are expendable. The strength of the Cs are their back court - don't screw with what is working -

Reaction Score
I didn't watch Washington all season, seems most people think Fultz is a no-brainer star and the #1 pick. My question is why do people think he'll be a star and why did Washington have such a horrendous season?

I watched Fultz more with Team USA (because I wanted to watch Hami...ouch) than with Washington and I am no expert but to me, his floor is very high but I think he is more likely to end up the 20-30th best player in the league, rather than top 10.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Celts frontline defensively makes Porter look like an all star

Reaction Score
I think many teams are over-estimating the raining cap bubble, and will regret paying some of these up and comers big bucks with the expectation that the cap will keep skyrocketing at this rate to make the deal look great in a few years down the line.

No doubt about that. There were a lot of contracts completed last off-season that already look abysmal.

Reaction Score
The Celts frontline defensively makes Porter look like an all star

Well, Porter is a good defender and is rapidly improving but he projects to be a role player for his career. He is also a 3 and shouldn't be compared to the Celtics frontcourt players, unless you want to call Jae Crowder a frontcourt player, and then the comparison would be bad in a different way.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
This draft may have a lot of guards BUT none are on the level if IT offensively and I don't see them developing into that type of player. To be honest, this draft is really not that strong. Yeah maybe better defensively but how many of you can say you really know Ball or Faultz enough to appreciate the thought they could step in for IT in a year or two. Unless you religiously watched PAC 10 channel (as I have) you really don't have an idea. C's would be crazy to get rid of IT, Avery or Marcus and Rozier has improved. They need a big - a rebounding shot blocking big. Horford Zeller and Kelly are expendable. The strength of the Cs are their back court - don't screw with what is working -
its working I guess, but is it really "working" when the #1 seed in the East is like the 4th or 5th pick to win the title? The current celtics composition is good for regular season wins, but are not designed for post season play. I think that will require some superstar power, and Fultz gives us the best chance at that. IT is putting up superstar numbers but I just dont see him leading a team to the title if he is the #1, he'd be a great complementary player on a title team though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I watched Fultz more with Team USA (because I wanted to watch Hami...ouch) than with Washington and I am no expert but to me, his floor is very high but I think he is more likely to end up the 20-30th best player in the league, rather than top 10.
I think you may be right and I see him as a better pro than Ball - Ball's shooting style will get eaten up when facing the bigger stronger guys in the NBA - the guy can dish but there are tons who can in the league. His defensive aptitude is also lacking - he could use another year at UCLA - but don't tell his Daddy I said so. He came in with all kinds of hype but his consistency was not there,

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Well, Porter is a good defender and is rapidly improving but he projects to be a role player for his career. He is also a 3 and shouldn't be compared to the Celtics frontcourt players, unless you want to call Jae Crowder a frontcourt player, and then the comparison would be bad in a different way.
Would you trade Crowder for Porter straight up? I would.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I think you may be right and I see him as a better pro than Ball - Ball's shooting style will get eaten up when facing the bigger stronger guys in the NBA - the guy can dish but there are tons who can in the league. His defensive aptitude is also lacking - he could use another year at UCLA - but don't tell his Daddy I said so. He came in with all kinds of hype but his consistency was not there,
Agree, his shot form is very susceptible to NBA size and speed defensively that he didnt really see in college, his numbers as a freshman were very impressive though nonetheless.

Reaction Score
They of course have a legit shot at the #1 pick next season too. The Nets are the worst franchise in sports, right? The second is across the river.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
its working I guess, but is it really "working" when the #1 seed in the East is like the 4th or 5th pick to win the title? The current celtics composition is good for regular season wins, but are not designed for post season play. I think that will require some superstar power, and Fultz gives us the best chance at that. IT is putting up superstar numbers but I just dont see him leading a team to the title if he is the #1, he'd be a great complementary player on a title team though.
They beat a really tough Washington team that played its best ball of the year. There are two teams that are out of this world extraordinary and the likes that haven't been seen in the NBA since the Laker/Celtic 80s. In the "normal" NBA, the Celtics are a top 3-5 team - easy

Reaction Score
Couldn't be more pumped about this Celtics situation.

In the conference finals which will attract all available free agents who are currently on subpar teams.

Land the number one pick which clearly will be Markelle who is the perfect compliment to IT's game (who isn't going anywhere).

Unfortunately we might be saying goodbye to Bradley whom I couldn't have more respect for a Celtics player. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Crowder leave as well to make room for Hayward. Probably won't be seeing Amir anymore either as we'll be bringing Ante onto the roster for next year, allowing Al to play PF.

Damn it feels good to be a Celts fan right now. Going to be good for a long time.

Now if Uconn ends up signing some top recruits this week could end up being one of the greatest bball weeks i can remember in a long time

Reaction Score
Who cares honestly, that is tired. Does IT compare himself to Horford?

FULTZ!!!!!!'

I'm so pumped honestly, about time C's caught the big fish

I may be mistaken but is ti true that Fultz will make $700k more than IT next season as a rookie if he goes #1? IT may be on the best contract per dollar in a decade of NBA basketball.

Reaction Score

In the conference finals which will attract all available free agents who are currently on subpar teams.

Land the number one pick which clearly will be Markelle who is the perfect compliment to IT's game (who isn't going anywhere).

Unfortunately we might be saying goodbye to Bradley whom I couldn't have more respect for a Celtics player. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Crowder leave as well to make room for Hayward. Probably won't be seeing Amir anymore either as we'll be bringing Ante onto the roster for next year, allowing Al to play PF.

Damn it feels good to be a Celts fan right now. Going to be good for a long time.

Now if UConn ends up signing some top recruits this week could end up being one of the greatest bball weeks i can remember in a long time
Would they be able to Max Hayward, and Thomas along with Al? Legit question becuase that would be an unbelievable squad.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This will reignite the IT speculation but I really think he needs to be maxed out. He is the absolute heart of the team, even if his D is terrible and if he will be a bit older towards the end of his contract. What do the C's fans think? No brainer to max him out?

He needs to be sold. Hard. Sell high.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Agree, his shot form is very susceptible to NBA size and speed defensively that he didnt really see in college, his numbers as a freshman were very impressive though nonetheless.
He padded vs the much inferior teams - except for that great game he had early in the season vs Kensucky, he really didn't show in the other big games and was in foul trouble often. As far as IT being a "role" player - at this stage in his career, no way he doesn't get the keys to the car.

Reaction Score
No way, dump IT over Bradley.

Sign Hayward

Now if UConn ends up signing some top recruits this week could end up being one of the greatest bball weeks i can remember in a long time

Reaction Score
Random Suns fan here...was hoping for top 2 or top 3 with the Lakers being in the top 2 as I really want Jackson from Kansas. I guess worst case scenario they take a dookie if it goes Fultz, Ball, Jackson in whatever order.

Getting Tatum 4th doesn't sound bad at all.

NBA contracts aren't long term enough to really hurt a team for more than 1, maybe 2 years. It's not like in baseball where they'll sign a guy for 8-10 years.

You have to max IT if you think he can be a top 3 player on a legitimate title contending team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom