NBA Draft Lottery Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Reaction Score
He's not going ahead of Fultz, Ball, or Fox, and how many teams need PGs in the top 8?

Just about all of them. PHI is the only one I'd rule out due to their belief in Simmons being their playmaker.

BOS - Taking Fultz
LAL - Taking Ball
PHX - Knight isn't the answer and Bledsoe has injury issues. Wouldn't be surprised if they took Fox and tried to trade Knight.
SAC - Needs a PG
ORL - Payton isn't the answer and can't shoot to save his life, ORL could look to upgrade.
MIN - Explored trading Rubio this past season and Dunn looks like a bust given his age.

I could see Smith Jr going 5-7.

Reaction Score
yeah, drop a guy who just scored 26 points in a game 7. The Celts have lots of good players. They can trade them, but Olnyk is a valuable guy.

What do you think his trade value is? They aren't going to get jack in return. Would you rather have Olynyk or Hayward because if you keep Olynyk you aren't going to have the space for a max player this offseason. Considering your take on Jaylen Brown and Jimmy Butler, I think you have a sever case of homeritis.

Reaction Score
Just about all of them. PHI is the only one I'd rule out due to their belief in Simmons being their playmaker.

BOS - Taking Fultz
LAL - Taking Ball
PHX - Knight isn't the answer and Bledsoe has injury issues. Wouldn't be surprised if they took Fox and tried to trade Knight.
SAC - Needs a PG
ORL - Payton isn't the answer and can't shoot to save his life, ORL could look to upgrade.
MIN - Explored trading Rubio this past season and Dunn looks like a bust given his age.

I could see Smith Jr going 5-7.

Agreed PHI not taking a PG that can't shoot (which will be all the best ones left at that point). PHX isn't taking a guard, they've got too many holes elsewhere (if PHI doesn't take him, I think they take Jackson 100%). MIN is not taking a PG, Dunn was better the 2nd half of the year and they're not giving up that fast.

SAC I could see and will probably take Fox. Orlando needs players at every position, but will probably go best guard available considering they have heavy salary devoted to every other spot. Will depend if they like Monk more than the PGs.

Reaction Score
That kid is a stud. They should.

Knicks will wind up with Ntilikina, guarantee it. Probably will work out too, like KP over Okafor two years ago. Hopefully a project-type kid will entice Melo to **** town too.

Reaction Score
Huh? No way. I like Brown's energy and athleticism, but he has zero basketball skills.

Terrible shooter, awful handle, can't defend 2 or 3. This isn't the NFL where you can take a great athlete and teach him 1-2 skills.

I hated the pick a year ago. Still do, but he's a good kid.

If C's stay with current guards and grab Tatum and dump Brown I can understand the move.

Who would you have rather picked? Brown will end up being the best pick at 3, and it won't be close.

Reaction Score
That kid is a stud. They should.

Its a risk considering the kid barely got any PT in Europe but he does have good measurables. I just hope they don't pick Markkanen, who for whatever reason has been getting mocked to the Knicks. I would love Monk if he somehow dropped, and would like Smith and would not want Isaac. It doesn't look good for Monk dropping but the Magic (new GM so who knows) and Kings are renowned for making dumb/weird lotto selections. It seems like there are "no brainer" picks for a lot of these franchises but we know it won't play out like that.

Reaction Score
It was well known that he could have been had if the Celts had met an insane asking price, but apparently you only seem to remember what the narrative was after the deadline had already passed.
Thanks for proving my point, there was no realistic deal that Danny passed up. He called the Bulls made an offer that was outrageous because they had no interest in trading Butler and Ainge said no, but for some reason you think this was the Celtics not pulling the trigger? Ha, ok.

Reaction Score
Grant Hill was a sign & trade that was only a "trade" in order to get Hill the biggest contract possible.

Celts was players for picks, hard to do a comparison of who got the best player in the trade if only 1 team is getting players.
Wrong again, Celtics got 5 players in that deal

Reaction Score
Thanks for proving my point, there was no realistic deal that Danny passed up. He called the Bulls made an offer that was outrageous because they had no interest in trading Butler and Ainge said no, but for some reason you think this was the Celtics not pulling the trigger? Ha, ok.

"and Ainge said no"
"but for some reason you think this was the Celtics not pulling the trigger? Ha, ok"

Reaction Score
"and Ainge said no"
"but for some reason you think this was the Celtics not pulling the trigger? Ha, ok"
Throwing out a ridiculous offer which the Bulls know no one will agree to is not the Celtics passing up a deal. Its the Bulls, as I said, having no interest in trading Butler.

Reaction Score
Throwing out a ridiculous offer which the Bulls know no one will agree to is not the Celtics passing up a deal. Its the Bulls, as I said, having no interest in trading Butler.

You're a moron.

Reaction Score
I love how people debate the point of who said no as if they have first hand information on how the negotiations unfolded.

Reaction Score
You're a moron.
Says the guy who claims the Nets gave up no players in its trade with the Celtics.

It is okay, not everyone knows the difference from fact and fiction, in your mind its a fact Butler was available to the Celtics, but in reality its fiction.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Aaaand that's why you don't max IT if the Celtic's hope to contend for a title within the next 4-5 years with him.

Reaction Score
Says the guy who claims the Nets gave up no players in its trade with the Celtics.

It is okay, not everyone knows the difference from fact and fiction, in your mind its a fact Butler was available to the Celtics, but in reality its fiction.

You still going on about the Butler thing? Didn't you already admit yourself that there was a definitive asking price for Butler? See, this is why you're a moron.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What do you think his trade value is? They aren't going to get jack in return. Would you rather have Olynyk or Hayward because if you keep Olynyk you aren't going to have the space for a max player this offseason. Considering your take on Jaylen Brown and Jimmy Butler, I think you have a sever case of homeritis.

Forgot he's a FA. They'll probably let him go, but Amir is the main salary problem. So AJ will certainly be gone. Celts have figured out they are better with Al at the 5 and Kelly as 4 than with AJ at 5 and Al at 4.

As for Brown...I don't think it's a stretch to think he can develop. He was the third pick. Butler was 30. Butler barely played for two years and only got playing time in his third season when Deng was injured. I think you will see him a lot against the Cavs.

Reaction Score
Forgot he's a FA. They'll probably let him go, but Amir is the main salary problem. So AJ will certainly be gone. Celts have figured out they are better with Al at the 5 and Kelly as 4 than with AJ at 5 and Al at 4.

As for Brown...I don't think it's a stretch to think he can develop. He was the third pick. Butler was 30. Butler barely played for two years and only got playing time in his third season when Deng was injured. I think you will see him a lot against the Cavs.

I do like Brown as a player but you are minimizing Butler. Where he was drafted and how good he was in his first couple years doesn't matter. His emergence was very atypical. Regardless, he is one of the best 15 or 20 players in the entire league right now. I doubt Brown ever seers those heights.

Reaction Score
You still going on about the Butler thing? Didn't you already admit yourself that there was a definitive asking price for Butler? See, this is why you're a moron.
Wow you are dense.

Reaction Score
Huh? No way. I like Brown's energy and athleticism, but he has zero basketball skills.

Terrible shooter, awful handle, can't defend 2 or 3. This isn't the NFL where you can take a great athlete and teach him 1-2 skills.

I hated the pick a year ago. Still do, but he's a good kid.

If C's stay with current guards and grab Tatum and dump Brown I can understand the move.

Jimmy Butler shot 18% from 3 and 40% overall as a rookie. Jaylen shot 34% from 3 and 45% overall. And is a better athlete. Let's give him a little bit of time.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Regardless, he is one of the best 15 or 20 players in the entire league right now. I doubt Brown ever seers those heights.

While average odds may indicate that, I think it's more than fair to say that it is way too early to make that call. Kid hasn't even finished his rookie year. And he's getting burn in the Conference Finals.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
While average odds may indicate that, I think it's more than fair to say that it is way too early to make that call. Kid hasn't even finished his rookie year. And he's getting burn in the Conference Finals.

I want to be optimistic about brown but to say he can be like a top 5 player in RPM when he was considered a reach at 3 might be a little aggressive.

Then again, I might be holding his reachness (I'm making up a word cause I'm not sure what else to call it lol) against him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I want to be optimistic about brown but to say he can be like a top 5 player in RPM when he was considered a reach at 3 might be a little aggressive.

Then again, I might be holding his reachness (I'm making up a word cause I'm not sure what else to call it lol) against him.

Just look at the predictability of the NBA draft. People's evaluations of these guys is often way off. People looked at his college game, and decided he was limited (instead of limited at that time). Ainge saw all that athletic ability and drive and drafted on potential. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Hmm, I was basing the statement off of ESPN's infographic showing the Celtics' cap situation next year if they took Fultz #1 and it said MK $7M and IT $6.3, maybe I misread it.
You were right. I guess the rookie wage scale increases a lot this year. Maybe because of the huge increase in the TV revenue?

Thomas is set to enter the final year of a four-year, $27 million contract he inked before being traded to the Phoenix Suns in 2014. He's scheduled to make just $6.3 million during the 2017-18 season, a salary less than what the Celtics will pay the No. 1 overall pick ($7 million at 120 percent of the rookie scale).

Celtics' Thomas: Free agents over big payday

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You were right. I guess the rookie wage scale increases a lot this year. Maybe because of the huge increase in the TV revenue?

Thomas is set to enter the final year of a four-year, $27 million contract he inked before being traded to the Phoenix Suns in 2014. He's scheduled to make just $6.3 million during the 2017-18 season, a salary less than what the Celtics will pay the No. 1 overall pick ($7 million at 120 percent of the rookie scale).

Celtics' Thomas: Free agents over big payday

Hooper, seeing as you're plugged in here, there's no scuttlebutt about Danny overthinking it and doing something stupid is there? All in on Fultz.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hooper, seeing as you're plugged in here, there's no scuttlebutt about Danny overthinking it and doing something stupid is there?

Like trading the pick for Klay Thompson?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom