Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer

Reaction Score
I said not winning a tournament game in his first 5 seasons here would kind of be a disaster.
If we don't win a tournament game next season then Hurley is going to have to do some serious soul searching. But in reality he's really only 0/2.

Year 1 was garbage KO recovery
Year 2 the NCAAT was cancelled
Year 3 was UMD L (disappointing)
Year 4 was Teddy Allen (Super embarrassing)

This year will undoubtedly be Hurley's most talented team yet. If we can't make it to the BET Finals or we flop again in the first round, then we have a problem. His seat would certainly be getting warm for the 2024 season.

Get Alleyne, get Castle to reclass, and lets go have a great season and win multiple post season games.

Reaction Score
Synergy breakdown on Naheim:

"Good" Offensive player and "Average" defensive player as graded by the site.

Here is a breakdown of where his points come from and how efficient he is in those areas. Spot up scorer is exactly what we need.

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 11.54.44 AM.png

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I said not winning a tournament game in his first 5 seasons here would kind of be a disaster.

I get what you're saying due to the zero sum game of March Madness, but even kind of disastrous overstates things.

We're improving every single season and adding more talent to the program. Eventually we'll break through.

To level set, given where we were and where we are now, what grade do you give Hurley? I think I'm in between a B and B+. The Creighton BE Semi they should have won and they had no business losing to NM State. Other than that I'm pretty pleased with the job he's done.

Reaction Score
Speaking of getting Alleyne and Castle together...This sounds like a package (and done) deal
so who would get the 5th starting spot? samson, naheim, or castle?

i'd vote for samson right now but wouldnt mind a small ball lineup of Newton / Castle / Hawk / AJ / Sanogo.

naheim would be my 3rd choice b/c he's not a good enough ball handler for us to go that small. still have him pegged for at least 20 mpg tho.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get what you're saying due to the zero sum game of March Madness, but even kind of disastrous overstates things.

We're improving every single season and adding more talent to the program. Eventually we'll break through.

To level set, given where we were and where we are now, what grade do you give Hurley? I think I'm in between a B and B+. The Creighton BE Semi they should have won and they had no business losing to NM State. Other than that I'm pretty pleased with the job he's done.

This. The last two post-seasons have been disappointing. But there is a lot of luck and randomness in single elimination tournaments. The first question is whether the program is getting better. In terms of wins, computer rankings, fan enthusiasm and recruiting, the answer is yes, yes, yes and yes. It’s been a solid job.

Will he ever be a “great” coach? Don’t know. Rarely will there be a definitive answer to that question this quickly into someone’s tenure. (And don’t tell me Jim Calhoun … because Calhoun was one of a kind.)

Reaction Score

i'd vote for samson right now but wouldnt mind a small ball lineup of Newton / Castle / Hawk / AJ / Sanogo.

naheim would be my 3rd choice b/c he's not a good enough ball handler for us to go that small
don't rule out Karaban too. pretty cool though that there could seemingly be 4 guys going after 1 starting job who all have very different games. that shows how hurley is starting to build the team around positional versatility which in my opinion is a very good thing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Come on Alleyne!
Harder than I thought, but we are far too young and clever

Toora loora, toora loo rye ay
Alleyne, till you score we stand forever

Come on Alleyne, oh I swear (what we need)
Ah come on, UConn winning everything
Break that team's press, Alleyne just hits nets
Ah come on, to UConn Alleyne, please
Our guards all need rest, Alleyne, tell Dan yes
Ah, come on, to UConn Alleyne, please

Reaction Score

naheim would be my 3rd choice b/c he's not a good enough ball handler for us to go that small. still have him pegged for at least 20 mpg tho.
And that small ball lineup isn't small- 6'5, 6'6, 6'5, 6'6, 6'9.

Reaction Score
Just using my intuition from Castle's father's tweet, he'll be in Storrs this fall if Nahiem is too.
Nahhiem has two years left, so they'd overlap by one either way. But this obviously can't hurt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom