Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer

Reaction Score
(a) recent article made clear that they were keeping that option open;

(b) Hurley and Luke recent visit to see him the weekend of Newton visit;

(c) Castle tweet or IG shortly after that visit and Newton commit that said "Are You Ready Storrs?" or something like that; and

(d) Castle's father Stacey actively recruiting Alleyne, and their families are apparently very close.
And Mrs Castle said Stephon is working on his college plans. :)

Reaction Score
If we take a solid starter from tournament VTech team and make him our 7th guy, then I call that a win. We don't need him to be a superstar, we already have multiple guys that will fill that role. He's a career 39% 3P% guy with good volume and against ACC competition, he's exactly what we need

Rj Cole
Wow gotta go back that far?

Reaction Score
This. The last two post-seasons have been disappointing. But there is a lot of luck and randomness in single elimination tournaments. The first question is whether the program is getting better. In terms of wins, computer rankings, fan enthusiasm and recruiting, the answer is yes, yes, yes and yes. It’s been a solid job.

Will he ever be a “great” coach? Don’t know. Rarely will there be a definitive answer to that question this quickly into someone’s tenure. (And don’t tell me Jim Calhoun … because Calhoun was one of a kind.)
And I'm even more generous on the Maryland loss because of the Cole concussion and the fact that Bouk wasn't quite right after the Villanova game. And because a 7/10 game is a toss-up. @ConnHuskBask is right that basically the Creighton game (that gave Cole the concussion) and the NMSU game (which was crazy fluky) are the only two definitively "bad" losses. There are other games they could/should have won but lost, and some great games they did pull out (Houston, Auburn, Nova, etc.).

B/B+ is right. I'm not going to panic given the team has gotten better in the regular season every single year. That's going to translate into the tournament eventually.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lactose intolerance. It’s our kryptonite.
Todd! Are you not aware that I get farty and bloated with a foamy latte?

Coffee Reaction GIF

Reaction Score

Was just reading Borges’ article on Newton (Link) and really liked this blurb about him:

As a person, he’s even better.

“He’s about as good a young kid as you’ll be around,” Dooley said. “He’s got great character. Not good character, great character. His family’s got great character.”

“My parents raised me to be a good person,” Tristen added. “There’s no reason to be rude, say ‘please,’ ‘thank you’, ‘yes sir, no sir.’ I feel that’s gonna take me further in life.”

There were some concerns about culture when the 4 transfers hit, but it’s looking like Hurley is locked in on getting the right personalities to build back whatever culture was lost

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So no Kromah for you, because you'd question his heart and desire?

There are plenty of kids who want to play against a higher caliber and test themselves. They all want to go somewhere and earn starters minutes, but none of them really know whether or not they will get them. Certainly, when Miller transferred here from Cornell he couldn't be certain that he'd be starting over Kenton Facey. He had to come here and find out.
Different time different circumstances - my comment is geared to those kids playing with the portal now
Miller came here because he couldn't play the additional year at Cornell

Reaction Score
Different time different circumstances - my comment is geared to those kids playing with the portal now
Miller came here because he couldn't play the additional year at Cornell
Miller could have gone to UVM and shot for being conference POY and leading a team to a tourney. He opted to go somewhere and fight a much more heavily recruited player out of high school for playing time.

Reaction Score
Miller could have gone to UVM and shot for being conference POY and leading a team to a tourney. He opted to go somewhere and fight a much more heavily recruited player out of high school for playing time.
This is hogwash. Everyone knew Miller was coming here to start, including Miller, Ollie, and Facey.

Reaction Score
Impeccable spring day in storrs. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming... Can only mean good things...

Reaction Score
Impeccable spring day in storrs. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming... Can only mean good things...
We had like a monsoon down here for Will Richard's UF Visit recently and he committed on the spot. #weatherisoverrated lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom