Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Looks like we are making a push for this kid. Per Slater's tweet. Seems like a great fit.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I opened this thinking we were talking about a Vermont transfer and was actually confused for a brief moment when it wasn't. D'Oh!
Ditto!
For the record, the state of Vermont's official two letter abbreviation is VT, for whater reason the school uses UVM (as if Ver and Mont were distinct words) as its abbreviation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For the record, the state of Vermont's official two letter abbreviation is VT, for whater reason the school uses UVM (as if Ver and Mont were distinct words) as its abbreviation.
If you haven’t spent much time there it’s easy to miss all the French influence.
“The name of the state is derived from”montagne verte,” French for green mountain, giving rise to the state’s “Green Mountain State” nickname.”. So V and M, but ordered differently in English as we put adjectives first.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The funny thing is my brain had rationalized that being a transfer from Vermont might be a good way to find someone willing to have a non-starting role. They'd be happy with the step up in competition.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. (Apologies to the UNCF for misusing their iconic line, but I had to do it).

Reaction Score
They are Vert is green Mont is mountains in French
In English the states name is Green Mountain
New Connecticut was their second choice.
i personal liked bowing to the French / Latin version.

Reaction Score
He makes a lot of shots in his highlights, but he takes about 1/2 his shots from 2 and shoots about the same percentage (38%ish). I would have liked to have seen more drives in his reel. But, despite a bit of an odd delivery, he is a good 3 pt shooter.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
In the French it would be two - Vert = green, Mont = mountain

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What is their connection?

Also - does anyone have any familiarity with Alleyne's game?

Looked bad in both games against Duke, did not play well against UNC or Texas in the postseason.

If we need a shooter off the bench, sure. Not sure that’s in his mind, though - he was likely losing his starting role at VaTech and probably wants to start somewhere.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Looked bad in both games against Duke, did not play well against UNC or Texas in the postseason.

If we need a shooter off the bench, sure. Not sure that’s in his mind, though - he was likely losing his starting role at VaTech and probably wants to start somewhere.
Don't disagree but the kid is solid and we could do a whole lot worse.

Reaction Score

Don't disagree but the kid is solid and we could do a whole lot worse.
I'd be totally fine adding Alleyne as our 5th starter and giving him ~26 mpg. He's been a 3 year starter, solid contributer to a tournament team this past season, fills the shooter role we badly need (39% on high volume), hits his FTs, low turnover %, decent size for the 4 guard lineup...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom