Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer

Reaction Score
Not trying to take shots but Alleyne is not Martin or Cole. Cole was one of the best players in the country this year and Martin has the build and hops to give him a chance at playing in the NBA.
but newton is a worthy cole replacement. we can replace martin's production w/ alleyne and castle. we can replace whaley's production with samson and karaban. we can replace polley's production with improvement from hawkins.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
don't rule out Karaban too. pretty cool though that there could seemingly be 4 guys going after 1 starting job who all have very different games. that shows how hurley is starting to build the team around positional versatility which in my opinion is a very good thing.
This. With all due respect to some of the starters of our last couple teams, Hurley is clearly now building a roster full of guys who can score/shoot the rock AND also have size and positional versatility. This makes me VERY excited for this team, assuming he reels in Alleyne and Castle or someone of the like.

Hurley+staff's biggest strength, outside of closing recruiting deals, I think is ability to coach team defense and rebounding. Some of these guys he's pulling in might not be A+ defenders, but they have the athleticism and size to be coached to do so. You can't really coach scoring/shooting ability nearly as well as defense. So you might as well target guys who have existing offensive talent and versatility, and coach them up to defend. It feels like Hurley was recruiting the other way around in recent years (emphasis on guys who fit his defensive intensity) and that gave us a hard ceiling in terms of offensive potential that we couldn't break through. I think having several of these guys with individual scoring talent- Newton, Hawkins, hopefully Castle and Alleyne will cover some of the flaws in Hurley's half-court offense.... and also open things up for Sanogo a LOT more. And we can’t forget about a year older Andre Jackson who could be a stud. If teams can't afford to double Sanogo because we have 4 interchangeable scorers on the floor outside of Sanogo, that's going to cause a lot of problems for other teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
can someone remind me why we’re so convinced that Castle will reclassify? (Not being antagonistic, just curious)

Reaction Score
can someone remind me why we’re so convinced that Castle will reclassify? (Not being antagonistic, just curious)
matrim said he's heard from other sources that a reclass is on the table or something of the like. and then we found out today that castle's family and alleyne's family are very close and they want their sons to play together or something of the like. so yeah airtight and foolproof.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
(a) recent article made clear that they were keeping that option open;

(b) Hurley and Luke recent visit to see him the weekend of Newton visit;

(c) Castle tweet or IG shortly after that visit and Newton commit that said "Are You Ready Storrs?" or something like that; and

(d) Castle's father Stacey actively recruiting Alleyne, and their families are apparently very close.

Reaction Score
matrim said he's heard from other sources that a reclass is on the table or something of the like. and then we found out today that castle's family and alleyne's family are very close and they want their sons to play together or something of the like. so yeah airtight and foolproof.
Lol thanks, bendm

Reaction Score

(b) Hurley and Luke recent visit to see him the weekend when Newton visit;

(c) Castle tweet or IG shortly after that visit and Newton commit that said "Are You Ready Storrs" or something like that; and

(d) Castle's father Stacey actively recruiting Alleyne, and their families are apparently very close.
I knew about (c) but I didn’t think it was as definitive a reclass statement as some others did

Reaction Score
He/she called Newton to UConn before anyone else and said the staff was pushing hard for a reclass when they went down to see him and it went really well...

I've actually heard the complete opposite. Castle is eager to get on campus and is heavily leaning towards reclassifying. He won't only play 10mpg if he does reclass, it will be more in the 25mpg range.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All signs are positive. Hearing uconn will sign him
come on GIF

Reaction Score
All signs are positive. Hearing uconn will sign him
but but but i thought hurley had lost the locker room and the culture stuff was all bogus and and he was totally blindsided by the 4 transfers that never played and he had no plan or hope for replacing them so this was going to be a rebuilding year and SO hurley is already firmly on the hot seat and AAAHHHHHH MY HEAD IS ON FIRE!!!!

Cartoon Network Fire GIF

Reaction Score

(b) Hurley and Luke recent visit to see him the weekend of Newton visit;

(c) Castle tweet or IG shortly after that visit and Newton commit that said "Are You Ready Storrs?" or something like that; and

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything on a Castle reclass for a little bit, even if it is something they've "decided." I have no info on this, but it'd seem like he'd have to meet all academic requirements to complete his high school degree, that would take time - perhaps require some overloading of his spring classes, some intensives, and/or summer classes to be at the point where he's eligible to attend college at all in fall 2022. I'd think that they wouldn't announce that reclass until it's known that he's on track to complete those entry requirements.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom