Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer

Reaction Score
Exceptionally broad use of the word “disaster”. It’s a tournament basketball game.
Broad use? No it's a targeted use, March is all that you're judged on in college basketball.
So, Diggins and Gaff have been replaced by Newton and Allenye?

That is a very good upgrade in performance and physical size.
That's great but in actually playing the games Newton will be replacing Cole and Alleyne will be replacing Gaffney. The Castle reclass needs to happen.

Reaction Score
If she’s a Cuse grad, she doesn’t deserve the dairy bar.

(But yes, it is very good.)

View attachment 75777

Oh my goodness that looks unbelievable. I’m inclined to agree you but she’s amazing undergrad school choice aside. Definitely hitting up to get inside recruiting info/eat ice cream. Thanks

Reaction Score
Crazy how fast the BY switches from sky is falling to excitement. Maybe Hurley had a plan after all…

not sure this was his plan, but his execution and follow through has upgraded the team

Reaction Score
Crazy how people are expected to not be surprised and worried when 4 players transfer within a week or so
Sure if the players weren't
-a freshman clearly in over his head at this level
-An upperclassmen most people wanted to see on the bench behind the in over his head freshman.
-a player we all loved that sustained a catastrophic career changing injury that clearly wasn't going to allow him to play with the strength or confidence needed at this level.
-a player no one saw play (except the staff and they decided it was wise for him to redshirt)

Reaction Score
I'm not concerned about replacing the guys who transferred. I'm moreso concerned about replacing and exceeding the production from Cole, Martin, Polley and Whaley.
Polley was a 1 trick pony who wasn't very good at that one trick, he was deficient in every other area on the court. Whaley was a great defender but he gave us nothing on offense and the Whaley Sanogo combo didn't work. I wouldn't be worried about replacing them.

Reaction Score
Sure if the players weren't
-a freshman clearly in over his head at this level
-An upperclassmen most people wanted to see on the bench behind the in over his head freshman.
-a player we all loved that sustained a catastrophic career changing injury that clearly wasn't going to allow him to play with the strength or confidence needed at this level.
-a player no one saw play (except the staff and they decided it was wise for him to redshirt)
Yeah in hindsight its fine, but don’t act like you weren’t a bit worried when all those guys transferred in that short period. It’s natural to have that reaction.

Reaction Score
Crazy how people are expected to not be surprised and worried when 4 players transfer within a week or so
1 of the 4 was a surprise, so the shock of it is on you. If you watched the players who transferred and understand the current landscape of college basketball I am not sure why you were worried.

Reaction Score
Yeah and no mention of a commitment
Zags tweeted Gaffney was undecided where he was going and then 4 hours later Gaffney committed to us. He doesn't know as much as he portrays.

Just wait for the graphic in a few days.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yet. Majority if not all the commitments under Hurley have been a verbal commit before they leave and then announce a few days later
Sure. I’m just doubting the confirmation tweet further up the page.

Reaction Score
Trust the Carpenter..

Maybe the Alleyne/Castle families are brewing up a joint announcement??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom