Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 445 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, Why does CU "need" to go first? Curious as to the rationale?
Nobody wants the be the school that broke up the Pac-12 so Colorado becomes the scapegoat if they leave first.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, Why does CU "need" to go first? Curious as to the rationale?
Because if Colorado isn't coming, they aren't doing it at all. I think people underestimate just how important it is for them to have a school that left come back. We know that none of the others will.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
They’re the one the Big 12 members and leaders really want - we’re just nice to have.

Also, the Big 12 and PAC-12 are basically positioned to raid eachother at any time post-Texas/OU. Although Big 12 is now strong due to TV and AAC adds, a show of strength to potentially implode one’s competitor opens the door to add more schools

Reaction Score
Hopefully they can stay healthy and win it all this coming season. It'll be another opportunity for a UConn basketball team to cut down nets in April in front of a national audience.
I do too although I don’t follow closely. I meant that viewership for WBB as a sport is increasing. At least that’s what I’ve heard. More talk about LSU, SC and Iowa or IowaSt? Than UConn.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
KC area BBQ beats Texas for everything but Brisket. None of the southern states are as good, but there is good Q all over.

FB_IMG_1686141421881.jpg

Reaction Score
I’m all for a move to the Big XII for financial reasons, but having our conference tourney in Kansas City depresses me.
Are you one of the guys that always went or went often to MSG for the tournament? If so i do feel for you and others. That is a big deal.

Reaction Score
If we get invited to the Big 12, I think part of the deal would be that we agree to play a certain amount of games at MSG.
I'm not so sure. MSG i think is a hard and expensive place to get into.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If we get invited to the Big 12, I think part of the deal would be that we agree to play a certain amount of games at MSG.
Nobody in the Big 12 cares about MSG. Not many people outside metro NY have any kind of reverence for it. We would never play league games there.

Reaction Score
I don't want to get too deep into this, but like I said, have you seen where these other schools are located? Who do you think the typical UConn fan relates to more socially and culturally? A Providence/Villanova/Georgetown fan or a BYU/Baylor/Oklahoma St fan?

My daughter lives in Dallas and I love going to Boulder. Plus I am an atheist. So, this works for me. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a false narrative. UConn and the UConn twitter-verse needs to challenge these fools.
these guys are a self-licking ice cream cone. We spend more than anybody out of pocket subsidizing football which means we are risky because we are outside a P5 and putting us in a P5 is risky because the subsidy may go away. You can’t make this crap up.

Reaction Score
Are you one of the guys that always went or went often to MSG for the tournament? If so i do feel for you and others. That is a big deal.
Thanks @noeynox. I went every year from 1992 until the end of the Old Big East although I refused to go the final year since we were banned. Still try to get there as much as possible since we rejoined the conference but it’s a bit more difficult when you have kids. Always a great experience. There’s something very special about the BET at MSG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom