Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 876 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Eh, if the talent was all that decent, one of those guys would have shown something when they went elsewhere.

If the AAC handicapped Ollie and sped up his dismissal, then chalk one up for the AAC. BTW Polley, The Wrench and Vital showed something when they worked with another coach. Ollie's player development skills were atrocious. I still feel bad for Daniel Hamilton, he was here at the wrong time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The AAC was killing the women's program as well. That wasn't coaching.

I am not pro AAC at all, but I seem to remember a record number of consecutive wins while in the AAC. The AAC gets no credit for that, but they were hardly "killing" the women's program.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am not pro AAC at all, but I seem to remember a record number of consecutive wins while in the AAC. The AAC gets no credit for that, but they were hardly "killing" the women's program.
Disagree. That COVID year was Geno's worst team since Lobo. It kept their Final Four streak intact. If they had a tournament that year, they wouldn't have made it to the 2nd weekend. Recruiting dried up and he had to go overseas for players. But everything was back to normal when they rejoined the Big East.

Reaction Score
Recruiting dried up and he had to go overseas for players. But everything was back to normal when they rejoined the Big East.
This is false. When UConn was in the AAC, Geno recruited the #1 player 3 times in 2015, 2017, and 2018. Here were the classes from 2014 to 2018:

2014: #14, #17, #31, #33
2015: #1, #6, #23
2016: #3
2017: #1, #13, #16, #29
2018: #1, #5

And the 2019/2020 team had two #1 recruits, one #2 recruit (transferred in), two #3 recruits, one #6 recruit, one #53 recruit, and a couple of others. On paper, that should be more than enough talent to get to a Final Four.

What really happened to UConn women's basketball was that other teams caught up like South Carolina and LSU as there is much better women's college basketball talent than there was 15 to 20 years ago.

Reaction Score
The AAC was killing the women's program as well. That wasn't coaching.
The Current Big East is probably weaker in women’s BB than the AAC that we played in .
We won NC in 2014, 2015, 2016
something we haven’t done in 4 Big East seasons

But neither were anything near where that program should be

Reaction Score
If the AAC handicapped Ollie and sped up his dismissal, then chalk one up for the AAC. BTW Polley, The Wrench and Vital showed something when they worked with another coach. Ollie's player development skills were atrocious. I still feel bad for Daniel Hamilton, he was here at the wrong time.
I seem to recall Vital was the lowest rated of his heralded class? The teams played soft imo.

Reaction Score

Remember when the B1G added UCLA and USC. Many said there was no rush to do anything else but the B1G grabbed Oregon and Washington straight away. Once the cat is out of the bag things move quickly.

I know the Olympics are a completely unrelated but I wonder if the LA Olympics played into the B1G's decision at all. Probably not but it may be a fringe benefit nevertheless. LA is going to be the hot topic, the B1G has two programs there, and both the LA Coliseum and the Rose Bowl will be in play.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Remember when the B1G added UCLA and USC. Many said there was no rush to do anything else but the B1G grabbed Oregon and Washington straight away. Once the cat is out of the bag things move quickly.
I think the Big10 said they took Wash and Ore because they were able to get them at a discount. They TV partners were only going to give so much for those 2 and that’s what the Big10 gave them. If they couldn’t come in on a discount, they would have waited until this contract expired before they were going to bring them in. The ineptitude of the PAC in their media negotiations (turned down what the Big12 got) really hurt them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom