Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 878 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is it possible to get shot down by a hooker after paying her? It seems highly unlikely, and I for one wouldn't want to be that guy.
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Reaction Score

This has been in the back of my mind since it started. Why would a conference want to take in two teams that are willing sue the buhjeesus out of their conference because they "feel like" they've been slighted? It's like someone saying "I divorced them for every red cent I could, took the house, took the kids, the dog AND the truck!!! Boy, looking around, is it me or has the dating scene really dried up now a days...?"

Reaction Score
This has been in the back of my mind since it started. Why would a conference want to take in two teams that are willing sue the buhjeesus out of their conference because they "feel like" they've been slighted? It's like someone saying "I divorced them for every red cent I could, took the house, took the kids, the dog AND the truck!!! Boy, looking around, is it me or has the dating scene really dried up now a days...?"
There may be some truth to this from a conference perspective, but ultimately, I believe that the TV Networks are holding all the cards in realignment because they control the purse strings. If the combination of FOX/CBS/NBC went to the B1G and told them that we really want you to add FSU and Clemson, I believe that they would be added for the right price. Nobody at this point is getting added if they are dilutive to the conference payouts for current members. ABC/ESPN may be even more prickly about helping them out because of the litigation in their wholly owned ACC Conference.

Reaction Score
In fairness to the non-key tweeters:

Greg Flugaur had a long rant on his show a couple of weeks ago about FSU being disruptive and non-collegial and how that does not go over well in the Big 10. This was after one of the FSU AD's statements about how FSU was worth so much more money,

Also, both Flugaur and Swaim have said that the Big 10 does not want FSU. Swaim has said that the Big 10 and SEC don't want FSU or Clemson.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

In fairness to the non-key tweeters:

Greg Flugaur had a long rant on his show a couple of weeks ago about FSU being disruptive and non-collegial and how that does not go over well in the Big 10. This was after one of the FSU AD's statements about how FSU was worth so much more money,

Also, both Flugaur and Swaim have said that the Big 10 does not want FSU. Swaim has said that the Big 10 and SEC don't want FSU or Clemson.

Past performance doesn't guarantee future results but it is a helluva psychological barrier to overcome when a person leaves one relationship and is looking to enter a new one.

Reaction Score
Why? Because those two conferences are the reason FSU filed the lawsuit in the first place. FSU isn't trying to get every red cent. It's more like trying to divorce your wife without paying criminal amounts of alimony so you can marry someone else. That someone else isn't going to say "hold on, this guy really wants me but is willing to divorce his wife so he can marry me, that's a red flag." I don't buy it. One of them would take FSU if FSU becomes available.

Reaction Score
There are losers in Conference Realignment, no doubt. UConn is the poster child for that. As it turns out, billybud does fit right in here on the Conference Realignment board.
Didn't UConn opt for the NBE and football independence voluntarily after the defections of WVU to the B12 and Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville to the ACC?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

While the "good partner" aspect will make the most noise here, I think the real reason is financial. If the B1G and SEC were getting boku dollars for another round of expansion they probably would have a different message. This release through McMurphy suggests the additional media money is not there and so there is nothing to talk about.

Gonna be fascinating if the ACC rolls back the rumored divorce settlement that many thought might coming down the chute this summer. If FL St and Clemson have no place to go....then perhaps the ACC decides to keep fighting them.

Looking at Josh Pate, just because lawyers draft documents doesnt mean things will happen. Most all legal paper goes in the dustbin.

Reaction Score
Why? Because those two conferences are the reason FSU filed the lawsuit in the first place. FSU isn't trying to get every red cent. It's more like trying to divorce your wife without paying criminal amounts of alimony so you can marry someone else. That someone else isn't going to say "hold on, this guy really wants me but is willing to divorce his wife so he can marry me, that's a red flag." I don't buy it. One of them would take FSU if FSU becomes available.
Not if the money store is closed.

Reaction Score
Im sorry but I am laughing so hard at FSU desperately leaving the ACC and no one even wants them. Big 12 sure, but thats a lateral, probably an even lower move than current ACC.
It's amusing because clearly they want to be in the SEC or B1G but it's not exactly a lateral move for football and probably won't be from a dollars perspective. The Big XII with Clemson and FSU would clearly be a stronger football conference than the ACC is with Clemson and FSU. They'd likely get more money for the conference, too.

As always it comes down to what the networks want. If ESPN wants the ACC around, then they won't pay the SEC more for taking Clemson and FSU. If they don't want the ACC around anymore then they'll end up in the SEC.

And if Fox can get FSU and Clemson cheaper by blocking their B1G invite and forcing them to the Big XII, it would hurt the ACC and also give them more potential schools to fill into the B1G and Big XII

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom