Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 875 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Even if the ACC doesn’t work for them anymore, I’m sure the Big East would love to welcome them back into the fold. They can stay football indie as long as they want, IMO.
Only if they agree to a home and home with UConn football
Their Hockey’s in already the B1G
Do they actually play any other sports ?
i forgot Women’s basketball is decent .
Besides that what is they actually bring to the Big East

Reaction Score
Only if they agree to a home and home with UConn football
Their Hockey’s in already the B1G
Do they actually play any other sports ?
i forgot Women’s basketball is decent .
Besides that what is they actually bring to the Big East
Notre Dame
Men's Soccer Runner Up to Clemson in 2023, National Champions in 2013
Women's Soccer National Champions 2010
Men's Lacrosse National Champions 2024, 2023, Runner Up 2014

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Notre Dame
A national name. Outside of the NE, no one really knows who is on the Big East. They know UConn and Villanova. If they know their history, people might remember when Georgetown was good. If the Big East wants to be seen more nationally, a name like Notre Dame will help. The soccer and lacrosse helps as well.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
A national name. Outside of the NE, no one really knows who is on the Big East. They know UConn and Villanova. If they know their history, people might remember when Georgetown was good. If the Big East wants to be seen more nationally, a name like Notre Dame will help. The soccer and lacrosse helps as well.
Although Notre Dame's addition to the Big East would be big, that story's already been written in history. Going back to the Big East was perhaps presdestined for UConn to help the school escape desolation/isolation in AAC, lick its wounds, and get its basketball programs back to what they are now. Notre Dame does not feel the same pressure nor need to do so. ND likes its loose affiliation with "higher" minded universities in the ACC, at least until the ACC dismantles forcing the domers to look elsewhere. ND does not simply walk back into Mordor Big East. It is folly. Better to put energy into more unrealistic scenarios such as UConn to the BIG or winning a Hennessey Venom GT or my new favorite, Elon Musk funding our NIL program.

Reaction Score
Are you saying B1G fans aren't very familiar with the Big East? I have to believe B1G fans and especially basketball fans are very familiar with our conference since our programs are in the same footprint. From UConn and Villanova out to Marquette and Creighton. Notre Dame would help but I don't see it rejoining unless there were some type of Big East/ACC mashup. SEC country may not be as familiar but that's to be expected. :cool:

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Are you saying B1G fans aren't very familiar with the Big East? I have to believe B1G fans and especially basketball fans are very familiar with our conference since our programs are in the same footprint. From UConn and Villanova out to Marquette and Creighton. Notre Dame would help but I don't see it rejoining unless there were some type of Big East/ACC mashup. SEC country may not be as familiar but that's to be expected. :cool:
Yeah, that’s what I’m daying, outside of UConn and Villanova. Marquette really doesn’t have any attraction outside of Milwaukee. Everyone knows UConn for their elite basketball programs and Villanova for various reasons (stupid 2018 NC game for me) but the other schools just don’t register.

I’m not saying the Big East is a bad conference, I think it’s the opposite, a great conference, the only non football conference that even remotely registers outside of their region. The success of UConn and Villanova make sure of that. I believe ND would help get you more eyeballs on a national level and a better contract. Most fans go by what they recognize and ND is one of the most recognizable brands in the sport.

Reaction Score
Although Notre Dame's addition to the Big East would be big, that story's already been written in history. Going back to the Big East was perhaps predestined for UConn to help the school escape desolation/isolation in AAC, lick its wounds, and get its basketball programs back to what they are now. Notre Dame does not feel the same pressure nor need to do so. ND likes its loose affiliation with "higher" minded universities in the ACC, at least until the ACC dismantles forcing the domers to look elsewhere. ND does not simply walk back into Mordor Big East. It is folly. Better to put energy into more unrealistic scenarios such as UConn to the BIG or winning a Hennessey Venom GT or my new favorite, Elon Musk funding our NIL program.
The AAC wasn't the problem; coaching was. I'd imagine that, if Hurley had been at the reigns during UConn's time in the AAC, its basketball program would have done just fine. But suppose I'm wrong. Suppose UConn's basketball success is indeed due to its "predestined" NBE affiliation. How is that kinship with the NBE going to lift UConn football out of its desolation/isolation?

Reaction Score
Notre Dame
Minor sports don't make much of o dent...

Who knows, or really cares..

That UNC won the Field Hockey NC in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022. 2023

It's football...

Since 2020...The ACC has won 21 NC's in the minor sports...who cares ? Football, football, football, and basketball is what counts.

Reaction Score
Minor sports don't make much of o dent...

Who knows, or really cares..

That UNC won the Field Hockey NC in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022. 2023

It's football...

Since 2020...The ACC has won 21 NC's in the minor sports...who cares ? Football, football, football, and basketball is what counts.
He specifically asked about ND outside of football and what ND would bring to the Big East table. The Big East cares. A Catholic U, National Brand, and Basketball round out the pluses. Yes basketball. I think ND has fallen victim to the ACC curse.

Reaction Score
The AAC wasn't the problem; coaching was. I'd imagine that, if Hurley had been at the reigns during UConn's time in the AAC, its basketball program would have done just fine. But suppose I'm wrong. Suppose UConn's basketball success is indeed due to its "predestined" NBE affiliation. How is that kinship with the NBE going to lift UConn football out of its desolation/isolation?
UConn's success in basketball keeps UConn in the national news and in the conversation for realignment.

Some schools never get any national news.

Reaction Score
UConn's success in basketball keeps UConn in the national news and in the conversation for realignment.

Some schools never get any national news.
Really? I agree that there's a lot of conversation about UConn and realignment in the Boneyard. But elsewhere? Not so much. Maybe an occasional reference to UConn as possible backfill if the ACC is wounded by defections. Other than Yappy's brief flirtation with UConn before the 4C schools fell into the B12's lap, I'm not aware of any specific P conference interest in the Huskies. If I'm missing something, then please enlighten me.

Reaction Score
Although Notre Dame's addition to the Big East would be big, that story's already been written in history. Going back to the Big East was perhaps presdestined for UConn to help the school escape desolation/isolation in AAC, lick its wounds, and get its basketball programs back to what they are now. Notre Dame does not feel the same pressure nor need to do so. ND likes its loose affiliation with "higher" minded universities in the ACC, at least until the ACC dismantles forcing the domers to look elsewhere. ND does not simply walk back into Mordor Big East. It is folly. Better to put energy into more unrealistic scenarios such as UConn to the BIG or winning a Hennessey Venom GT or my new favorite, Elon Musk funding our NIL program.
Ironically, I see UConn and ND sharing a conference affiliation after next go around.

Either in ACC or Big East.
I don’t see ND going to Big 12 and if ACC still exists it’s probably going to include UConn. If it doesn’t exist, where is ND parking it’s sports? Big East probably.

Reaction Score
The AAC was killing the women's program as well. That wasn't coaching.
Yep, people like to overlook logic to make their point.
Recruiting may have dropped slightly, but Ollie was bringing in decent talent. The composition of the team didn’t work.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The AAC was killing the women's program as well. That wasn't coaching.

And unfortunately for UConn's athletic dept as a whole, this is the only state where this makes a blip. Even UT got over not being nationally dominant and went back to their core sports.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I don’t see ND going to Big 12 and if ACC still exists it’s probably going to include UConn. If it doesn’t exist, where is ND parking it’s sports? Big East probably.
I can't see this happening (not arguing with you at all, this is just my pessimism). The ACC, even a reconstituted version of itself, would still have many of the schools that didn't want/fight for UConn, or rather distanced themselves from UConn when the cowards left the Big East. The ACC doesn't want anything to do with us. As for ND, I'm still ticked off how they used their affiliation with the Big East and dropped the conference. There's an reddit thread from 2 years ago that shows some Big East faithful would welcome ND back into the fold. Still, I don't see them walking back.

Reaction Score
Ironically, I see UConn and ND sharing a conference affiliation after next go around.

Either in ACC or Big East.

When and if this bifurcates in such a way that the SEC and BiG break away, ND will be in the BiG. They will simply have no choice. That day may be sooner than we all realize.

Reaction Score
And unfortunately for UConn's athletic dept as a whole, this is the only state where this makes a blip. Even UT got over not being nationally dominant and went back to their core sports.
If we actually start to suck after Geno no one will care about the women anymore. And if no one cares then it won't make money. And if it doesn't make money then the school won't care either.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If we actually start to suck after Geno no one will care about the women anymore. And if no one cares then it won't make money. And if it doesn't make money then the school won't care either.
I have no clue what Turasi's plans are going forward, but if a gun was put to my head as to who could run a program like Geno did, she'd be my answer. I think she could actually make practice more brutal than Geno did

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom