Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 365 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Michael Smith@SmittySBJ
·
10h
The ACC has always counted on the grant of media rights to prevent schools from defecting to Big Ten or SEC. It's not. Schools have been doing the math.

Michael Smith@SmittySBJ
Sports Business Journal

A lot of people just waive their hands on the Grant of Rights. If it is so easy to get out of, why can't anyone explain how that happens?

Reaction Score
A lot of people just waive their hands on the Grant of Rights. If it is so easy to get out of, why can't anyone explain how that happens?

who was the last team to get out of a GOR? I have no idea.

CL82

We some killers We some dogs It’s going to be fun
Reaction Score
Cool. It will be good to have some thing nudge out the Big East’s refusal of the ESPN media deal.

Reaction Score
seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reaction Score
125 million or so. We could raise that quickly.

Yeah but that number would be negotiated down. I highly doubt they would have to pay the whole $125M.

The GOR isn’t stopping anything when leaving is more lucrative than staying after a negotiated settlement.

Reaction Score
I believe that Maryland never signed the GOR and only had to pay a $30+ M exit fee. The exit fee is now supposedly in the $70M range plus GOR.

If accurate, and I think it is, who was the last team to break a GOR? It must be a short list.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to lie, I love the idea that ND could potentially end up paying 9 figures for the privilege of joining the conference they spent 75+years trying to avoid.
Lol, it is interesting. But I bet we get help paying it.

Reaction Score
goldendomer, if Notre Dame joins the Big Ten, who would be the best +1 to join with them? Stanford?

I’m guessing Notre Dame will have some sway in who they bring along with them.

Reaction Score
goldendomer, if Notre Dame joins the Big Ten, who would be the best +1 to join with them? Stanford?

I’m guessing Notre Dame will have some sway in who they bring along with them.
I loathe Stanford, but probably. If we could squeeze a FL team in than we would be stoked.

Reaction Score
If accurate, and I think it is, who was the last team to break a GOR? It must be a short list.

No school has broken a grant of right rights to date. Many last summer just assumed Texas and Oklahoma could negotiate out. The Big 12 had/has little to no reason to oblige. Hence the Sooners and Longhorns will be playing a Big 12 schedule in 2022. My guess is that both will again in 2023.

Notre Dame seems to be in a much a different position. The Irish granted their media rights to the ACC only for their Olympic sports. I suspect they could easily absorb that loss.

Reaction Score
If ND doesn't take the life ring the B1G has tossed them, they are insane. I'll bet the B1G is secretly hoping that one of ND's demands is that Stanford come with because the only thing better than landing ND is getting Stanford.

Reaction Score
If ND doesn't take the life ring the B1G has tossed them, they are insane. I'll bet the B1G is secretly hoping that one of ND's demands is that Stanford come with because the only thing better than landing ND is getting Stanford.
Stanford and ND would make sense academically and athletically

Reaction Score
Not interested. Much rather be in an ACC post UNC, Miami, Florida State, and Clemson.

It won't be so bad being part of PAC-12. At minimal, we will be associated with a bunch of quality universities.

My hope is B1G just go for Florida St and ND, which should trigger the end game for the ACC. ACC will be imploding with a bunch of ACC rats on a sinking ship. UCONN will most likely end up with a watered down version of the ACC leftovers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkkl33

Top Bottom