OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 329 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
@superjohn can you go sniff it out and do a TikToc review for us?

Also, a large pepperoni pizza is $35 out the door. He has a bagel shop connected to Piece Pizza and he charges $30 out the door for a half dozen bagels and a small tub of cream cheese. His prices are totally ridiculous and I'm not a fan. I might have to make a tiktok video about it.

Reaction Score
Went to Pepe’s in Danbury last night. It was pretty good but nothing special. Did the tomato pie with mozzarella and the Italian salad. The crust was crisp and lightly charred but there was too little sauce and I actually needed to put salt on it. I’m not a salt person, but a little salt really helped bring out the tomato flavor. It was meh but the texture was just right. It has me wondering if I just don’t like Pepe’s much anymore because the feel and appearance were there. The flavor was just underwhelming.

We were heading north from White Plains and I really regretted not going to Pizza Post in Greenwich instead.

I am looking forward to getting pizza in Vermont this week. I think Piecasso in Stowe produces an outstanding NY Style Pizza and I’m certain I’ll be happier with it than I was at Pepe’s. If you ever get the opportunity, give it a try.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is about as good as I can get in western panhandle of Florida.

Pepperoni, sausage, artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes.

20241004_193040.jpg

Reaction Score
no tables available at new Sally's in Wethersfield today between 4-8pm
It was like that for a few weeks when the Sally's in Woburn, MA opened. But then about 4-5 weeks after they opened we went online on a Wednesday and got a reservation for 7:00 pm that Saturday. And when we were there all the tables weren't taken. So I think the madness will die down very shortly. Especially after some people get turned off by the prices Sally's charges.

Reaction Score
It was like that for a few weeks when the Sally's in Woburn, MA opened. But then about 4-5 weeks after they opened we went online on a Wednesday and got a reservation for 7:00 pm that Saturday. And when we were there all the tables weren't taken. So I think the madness will die down very shortly. Especially after some people get turned off by the prices Sally's charges.
How was it??

Reaction Score
How was it??
Pretty good. Crust was definitely apizza. I like Pepe's better though. They don't put very much cheese on their pizzas when we went twice to the Sally's in Woburn. Haven't been to the New Haven one in forever so I can't tell you if it was the same. My son the pizza connoisseur has though and he said it was definitely similar to the New Haven Sally's and he likes it better than Pepe's.

Curious to hear people's reactions to the Sally's in Wethersfield. As good as New Haven Sally's?

I still think their prices at Sally's are out of whack. Pepe's is already at the high end of pricing for pizza. No need to be 15%-20% more than Pepe's. Just seems like price gouging.

Reaction Score
Went to Pepe’s in Danbury last night. It was pretty good but nothing special. Did the tomato pie with mozzarella and the Italian salad. The crust was crisp and lightly charred but there was too little sauce and I actually needed to put salt on it. I’m not a salt person, but a little salt really helped bring out the tomato flavor. It was meh but the texture was just right. It has me wondering if I just don’t like Pepe’s much anymore because the feel and appearance were there. The flavor was just underwhelming.

We were heading north from White Plains and I really regretted not going to Pizza Post in Greenwich instead.

I am looking forward to getting pizza in Vermont this week. I think Piecasso in Stowe produces an outstanding NY Style Pizza and I’m certain I’ll be happier with it than I was at Pepe’s. If you ever get the opportunity, give it a try.
Saying you're leaving CT to get better pizza in VT is a joke.

Reaction Score
Chicago deep dish from Northern California?

You’re in the wrong thread, bubie.
Nah, I'm not. High-quality Chicago deep dish definitely exists in NorCal. I have had Deep-dish from two places in that area, and it definitely compares well.

On the other angle, I am off-topic... and pictures don't tell the story, but none of the pics I've seen in CT don't look nearly as goodas Chitown deep-dish.

One of these days, I'll get to CT and try the real CT deal.

Reaction Score
Nah, I'm not. High-quality Chicago deep dish definitely exists in NorCal. I have had Deep-dish from two places in that area, and it definitely compares well.

On the other angle, I am off-topic... and pictures don't tell the story, but none of the pics I've seen in CT don't look nearly as goodas Chitown deep-dish.

One of these days, I'll get to CT and try the real CT deal.
When you finally have a great New Haven style pizza, you will realize how silly your comments look to many of us.

Reaction Score
I admit to being old but $35 for pizza? That is a good entree price at some very decent restaurants.

Reaction Score
I admit to being old but $35 for pizza? That is a good entree price at some very decent restaurants.
I don’t think I’ve seen that price anywhere in either of the affluent large cities I’ve lived in. Unless it was some gimmick pizza with like gold leaf on it, or some crazy 30” pizza or something. Kind of befuddling report.

Reaction Score
Saying you're leaving CT to get better pizza in VT is a joke.

I didn’t say I was leaving CT in search of better pizza. I said I wasn’t impressed with Pepe’s Danbury and wished I went to Pizza Post instead (also in CT)

Piecasso in Stowe is excellent NY Style pizza. It is widely considered the best in the state and it is in fact, every bit as good as most very good pizza joints in CT. It isn’t Modern or Sally’s, but it isn’t trying to be. I definitely think it’s better than Pepe’s in Danbury.

Reaction Score
I don’t think I’ve seen that price anywhere in either of the affluent large cities I’ve lived in. Unless it was some gimmick pizza with like gold leaf on it, or some crazy 30” pizza or something. Kind of befuddling report.
Sally's costs you $40 for a large pepperoni out the door.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom