Article: Tremont Waters Prepares For Next Move | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Article: Tremont Waters Prepares For Next Move

Reaction Score
Amazing you got that out of what I really said. Also, Jalen will be gone after this season and we will need another point guard. Jalen, Alterique and Tremont would all play a ton this upcoming season.

I mean I think the recruitment is strange at best but the kid is a player. Imagine how great it would be for Jalen Adams to play like he wants to from the start, not worrying at all about foul #2 0r 3 in the first half because we have depth? Same with Alterique and CV...this makes the backcourt really really good if it happens. But it's a luxury at this point for me, love for it to happen but give me Sid and I'm happier. Give me both I'm having a party!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As I remember, Nolan had some pretty significant minutes during the NCAAs in 2014 and AB had one shining moment vs St Joes.
Ithink its a toss up now with the incoming newbies BUT I think the new bigs have more potential than the 2014 version. JMHO

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Guys he's not desperate we can forget that thought. Said before I would welcome him and his dad with open arms and if he commits he'll be all in. I would love to see him in a husky uniform and let's just sit back and see how.it all plays out. He might surprise us all in one way or another.
It depends on how you look at desperate.
If he is really counting on a Puke/Kensucky/Kansas ask then I call him desperate - I just don't see it - It would have come by now IF those teams REALLY wanted him. At this point he a second/third choice/standby and that is what you play and practice for???. Regardless of the future advantages with playing on those 3 teams - you need to play a lot and be a star to really enjoy any future benefits
Why not go where you are wanted and are guaranteed to contribute out of the box?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
People are painting Waters too negatively. He was asked "what do you look for in a tea". Not, do you want to put others on the bench.
The only legitimate red flag is he was far from sold on UConn from the start. I'll live with that and hope it changes once he is here.
Our anxiety is not his problem.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
People are painting Waters too negatively. He was asked "what do you look for in a tea". Not, do you want to put others on the bench.
The only legitimate red flag is he was far from sold on UConn from the start. I'll live with that and hope it changes once he is here.
Our anxiety is not his problem.
I like green tea
Just funning with you!!!!

Reaction Score
Is there no part of this kid that's embarrassed in waiting to see if he can be Kansas or Duke's 2nd, 3rd, or 4th choice at this point?

I can't believe no one is calling him out for being the back up, back up, prom date.

And normally, you give 'em the benefit of the doubt for being kids. But when someone's been waiting at the bar the entire night for a hotter Girl to show interest, and no one ever does, you just start to look foolish.

At what point do we have enough pride to walk away??

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is there no part of this kid that's embarrassed in waiting to see if he can be Kansas or Duke's 2nd, 3rd, or 4th choice at this point?

I can't believe no one is calling him out for being the back up, back up, prom date.

And normally, you give 'em the benefit of the doubt for being kids. But when someone's been waiting at the bar the entire night for a hotter Girl to show interest, and no one ever does, you just start to look foolish.

When UConn has a full roster of D1 players?

pj

Reaction Score
But when someone's been waiting at the bar the entire night for a hotter Girl to show interest, and no one ever does, you just start to look foolish.

When closing time has passed, everyone else has gone home, and we can't find any bottles with leftover tequila in the gutter.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
As I remember, Nolan had some pretty significant minutes during the NCAAs in 2014 and AB had one shining moment vs St Joes.
Ithink its a toss up now with the incoming newbies BUT I think the new bigs have more potential than the 2014 version. JMHO
One potentially important factor: 3 out of 4 (maybe MD as well, but I haven't heard) are good passers, something no one attributed to our prior
bigs, with five talented guards/wings this could really improve offensive efficiency

Reaction Score
One potentially important factor: 3 out of 4 (maybe MD as well, but I haven't heard) are good passers, something no one attributed to our prior
bigs, with five talented guards/wings this could really improve offensive efficiency
More important than passing is that it appears they can catch the damn ball. Brimah had stone hands. Nolan dropped tons of easy passes. Facey got better, but wasn't great. We gave up so many easy buckets because the bigs couldn't catch. I've seen kids who couldn't catch a lick train on a jugs machine and get significantly better, but Brimah either didn't try hard enough or was a lost cause in this department.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"what do you look for in a tea"
Oolong. Preferably long leaf, on the greener side more than brown if available. Pre-Chingming, Phoenix or Dan Cong.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don't mind repeating myself, because it's my first time in this thread: I've liked what I've seen of him and would very much like him in a Husky uniform if he wants to be in one, and not if not. Hard to imagine the coaches don't feel the same way. Pretty simple.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Top to bottom, this is dumb.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't mind repeating myself, because it's my first time in this thread: I've liked what I've seen of him and would very much like him in a Husky uniform if he wants to be in one, and not if not. Hard to imagine the coaches don't feel the same way. Pretty simple.
One more time Please

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Amazing you got that out of what I really said. Also, Jalen will be gone after this season and we will need another point guard. Jalen, Alterique and Tremont would all play a ton this upcoming season.
There was a little more, as I remembered:

Search Results for Query: alterique shoulder | The Boneyard

I'm done talking in circles on this though. No one can blame or is blaming the kid for wanting a better team or a starring role from the get-go, which appears to be his clear preference. We offer neither. If he wants to come, I'd love to have him; I just hope expectations are reasonable on both ends.

Reaction Score

very simple minded my friend.

Yes, the hot girl does not give me much of a look because i am a 7. but i am a 7 with a GREAT personality. once she realizes that all the hot guys she obsesses about don't give much of a poop about her as she'd like, she'll reluctantly give me a chance because she likes the attention and has dependency issues (as well as daddy issues).

you think i'm going to blow my opportunity to get with this girl because of FOOLISH PRIDE? because I wasn't her first choice? hell no. because if I don't i'm stuck with a 7 myself, dreaming of dimes. so i'm going to take that hot babe out and show her what she has been missing. and once she realizes the intangibles that make up this 7, she'll know how valuable I really am. I know how valuable I really am, she just doesn't know it yet. but I can't blame her, on a shallow level I'm just a 7. but soon enough she'll fall in love with the D(efensive schemes) and will be wearing a ring.

foolish pride... LEAVE IT AT THE DOOR

Reaction Score
He has multiple opportunities. A lot of programs are looking for guards. He is not desperate by any means, and he is a very good player. UConn fans should chill on the idea that he is some sort of default because he is otherwise unwanted. It is not true. He is interested in UConn. He has other options.

I'm sure he does have options. If he doesn't come to Uconn, it's not cause I criticized the way he's marketing himself.

Reaction Score
I don't think there is anything weird with this recruitment and I don't think Tremont said anything remotely out of line. If you think he is some cocky diva because of those comments, don't read any comments from any recruits, ever.

Waiting for a better offer is an extremely normal thing. The only thing "off" in this recruitment is that Tremont decommitted late, justifiably so, and now we feel that he is under the gun to make a decision when he really isn't. If it wasn't for all of the "insiders" changing their take every week, there would be nothing abnormal. We are over analyzing everything. Good player has good offers in hand and is waiting for a top offer, likely contingent on another player (Duval). This is very normal.

The kid is an extremely good player and a good student and I have all the patience in the world for him. Its not like we have another comparable option at the guard position....

As to the frontcourt talk - there was the same talk leading into '14. That frontcourt was not good and the team was good because we had the best PG in the country. Lets hope that is the case again. Our incoming frontcourt has a very low bar to pass in comparison, even though I wouldn't exactly put money on them being better. Lets all buy into the 2 posters who claim Diarra was a beast in practice to fuel our likely false sense of optimism.

Reaction Score
I don't think there is anything weird with this recruitment and I don't think Tremont said anything remotely out of line. If you think he is some cocky diva because of those comments, don't read any comments from any recruits, ever.

Waiting for a better offer is an extremely normal thing. The only thing "off" in this recruitment is that Tremont decommitted late, justifiably so, and now we feel that he is under the gun to make a decision when he really isn't. If it wasn't for all of the "insiders" changing their take every week, there would be nothing abnormal. We are over analyzing everything. Good player has good offers in hand and is waiting for a top offer, likely contingent on another player (Duval). This is very normal.

The kid is an extremely good player and a good student and I have all the patience in the world for him. Its not like we have another comparable option at the guard position....

As to the frontcourt talk - there was the same talk leading into '14. That frontcourt was not good and the team was good because we had the best PG in the country. Lets hope that is the case again. Our incoming frontcourt has a very low bar to pass in comparison, even though I wouldn't exactly put money on them being better. Lets all buy into the 2 posters who claim Diarra was a beast in practice to fuel our likely false sense of optimism.

This team, with Larrier, Adams, Gilbert, Vital and potentially Waters, has a heckuva lot of talent. The only question is how are they going to come together with the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
There was a little more, as I remembered:

Search Results for Query: alterique shoulder | The Boneyard

I'm done talking in circles on this though. No one can blame or is blaming the kid for wanting a better team or a starring role from the get-go, which appears to be his clear preference. We offer neither. If he wants to come, I'd love to have him; I just hope expectations are reasonable on both ends.
As long as you realize I didn't say what you are saying I said. I worried any serious hit on Alterique's shoulder and he would be done and need surgery just like I feared with Dunn, I was right on both counts. For a couple days Ollie was pretending Alterique could be playing right away, I said that was nonsense and he was done for the season, I was right. Was also right on November 17th when I said we would have a losing record this season. These are all things I really wish I was wrong about.

I don't fear an Alterique recurrence of the injury but we can't be positive about his and Larrier's health because of their history. We need as many great players as we can get.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As long as you realize I didn't say what you are saying I said. I worried any serious hit on Alterique's shoulder and he would be done and need surgery just like I feared with Dunn, I was right on both counts. For a couple days Ollie was pretending Alterique could be playing right away, I said that was nonsense and he was done for the season, I was right. Was also right on November 17th when I said we would have a losing record this season. Tbese are all things I really wish I was wrong about.

I don't fear an Alterique recurrence of the injury but we can't be positive about his and Larrier's health because of their history. We need as many great players as we can get.
I'm more worried about the mental side of past injuries than I am about the physical limitations. I had the same injuries as AG and had a bankart repair. While physically I was 100% after about 3 months, I didn't really "feel" 100% for about 18 months.

Reaction Score
I'm more worried about the mental side of past injuries than I am about the physical limitations. I had the same injuries as AG and had a bankart repair. While physically I was 100% after about 3 months, I didn't really "feel" 100% for about 18 months.
Me too, that's why I'm really surprised so many boneyarders are penciling in Larrier and Gilbert in as stars. They are elite talents for sure but Larrier will be coming off of barely playing for two years and having to believe his surgically repaired knee won't fail him. Alterique has never really played college ball and will have to trust he can still go to the hole and do all the explosive things he does without his shoulder failing him again.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As long as you realize I didn't say what you are saying I said. I worried any serious hit on Alterique's shoulder and he would be done and need surgery just like I feared with Dunn, I was right on both counts. For a couple days Ollie was pretending Alterique could be playing right away, I said that was nonsense and he was done for the season, I was right. Was also right on November 17th when I said we would have a losing record this season. These are all things I really wish I was wrong about.

What is different about what repair was done this time vs. last time? I honestly don't know, and you clearly know a lot more about this injury and its course of treatment than most.

Reaction Score
Me too, that's why I'm really surprised so many boneyarders are penciling in Larrier ans Gilbert in as stars. They are elite talents for sure but Larrier will be coming off of barely playing for two years and having to believe his surgically repaired knee won't fail him. Alterique has never really played college ball and will have to trust he can still go to the hole and do all the explosive things he does without his shoulder failing him again.
not to mention, post surgery you lose some movement. Not a ton, but I lost almost 10% of my range of motion. That's something you need to adjust to as a high level athlete

Reaction Score
What is different about what repair was done this time vs. last time? I honestly don't know, and you clearly know a lot more about this injury and its course of treatment than most.
I'm not sure what exact surgeries he's had and I'm not sure the media has spoken about it. @Doctor Hoop would know the differences between different surgery options, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom