Article: Tremont Waters Prepares For Next Move | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Article: Tremont Waters Prepares For Next Move

Reaction Score
So while everyone is blabbering away about this kid's lack of opportunities, realize that many more schools are involved.

Reaction Score
Pretty sad to think Tremont settled for UConn because of Duval going to Duke if he were to choose us. Just sickening and pathetic we are beneath Duke when we have accomplished just as much less one National Championship.
I guess some players enjoy losing to Mercer and Lehigh (when it matters.)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So while everyone is blabbering away about this kid's lack of opportunities, realize that many more schools are involved.
So, instead of being the fifth of five schools in the mix, you're saying we're really more like tenth of ten?

Cool.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Pretty sad to think Tremont settled for UConn because of Duval going to Duke if he were to choose us. Just sickening and pathetic we are beneath Duke when we have accomplished just as much less one National Championship.

Really?

We've always been behind Duke. They've accomplished more than us. Just look at records (regular season/tourney), championships (league, league tourney), and rankings. They've got more history. They currently have one of, if not the greatest coach of all time. They play in a top BBall P5 conference. They get way more exposure. They have a far more prestigious academic school.

And they have nicer weather.

Reaction Score
Really?

We've always been behind duke. They've accomplished more than us. Just look at records (regular season/tourney), championships (league, league tourney), and rankings. They've got more history. They currently have one of, if not the greatest coach of all time. They play in a top BBall P5 conference. They have a far more prestigious academic school.

And they have nicer weather.
It's exactly how Ollie gets dumped on, we have Boneyarders stating that we accomplished just as much as Duke and doesn't know why we are behind Duke in the recruiting process?

Is this real life or we in a fantasy world?

Hard to read some of these yarders, main reason I go on here is because there is a lot of smart knowledgeable people who know the game of college basketball in many ways. Please don't ruin that.

Reaction Score
I asked last week what the timetable may be. There are really no time constraints on him here. He knows HCKO will take him when and if he is ready. He may be waiting for other offers, but at this point, that isn't relevant. I certainly hope we see him in Storrs next year, but only time will tell.

Reaction Score
Yup, that's what I am doing in this thread. Have a tiny bit of originality, please.

Hey, you responded to my initial post. If you can't see that the kid is being mocked, I can't help you. All you need to do is read the posts right before mine.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hey, you responded to my initial post. If you can't see that the kid is being mocked, I can't help you. All you need to do is read the posts right before mine.
Mocking?
Maybe questioning why he would make certain decisions/actions but mocking?
If the player or anyone considers that mocking maybe its time to put on the big boy pants

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mocking?
Maybe questioning why he would make certain decisions/actions but mocking?
If the player or anyone considers that mocking maybe its time to put on the big boy pants
It's just a narrative so that we can be blamed when he goes elsewhere, again.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I asked last week what the timetable may be. There are really no time constraints on him here. He knows HCKO will take him when and if he is ready. He may be waiting for other offers, but at this point, that isn't relevant. I certainly hope we see him in Storrs next year, but only time will tell.

Thanks for the info. Kid sounds like he wants to take his time. Dunno why that's a hard concept for people to get. Might be smart to see where all the dominoes fall.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I heard he's waiting to see if someone decommitts from Kentucky, or UCLA

And if no one does, he'll wait until the end of the summer just in case a player gets injured during drills at Duke or Kansas

And if rosters are still set, he may try to walk on at North Carolina

If all that falls through and Creighton can't bypass the Big East rule, we'll be in his final two with Western Kentucky.

But don't expect a commitment until November 3rd... at the earliest

After reading only the first line, I was ready to rip you a new one. haha

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
After 9 consecutive hopeful, positive attitude, and inviting posts, you opt for writing this?
I don't see anything pretty sad, sickening or pathetic if he were to choose to bring his skills enthusiastically to UConn. But I do find your post pretty sad and pathetic. If you'd like him to cone and contribute, say so. If you don't want him say so.

If you are committed to stating opinions about what it 'means,' then you are inviting further such opinions. In that spirit, yours are based on poor perception & weak supposition. Neither yours nor mine really helps much.

Reaction Score

I hear ya... It makes me nauseous that Ben Gordan, Khalid, Charlie V, Emeka, Boat, Deandre and others settled for us. Pathetic.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I hear ya... It makes me nauseous that Ben Gordan, Khalid, Charlie V, Emeka, Boat, Deandre and others settled for us. Pathetic.

I love the support and dedication for this program, but we are not, nor have we been, Duke level. We are a different breed. Not really fair to compare the two other than in Championships.

Reaction Score

Nice straw man. You are too much to even bother communicating with. You and I have the same take on Tremont. You will notice this if you look at my previous posts ITT. I was mocking you because you keep making the exact same post for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
Nice straw man. You are too much to even bother communicating with. You and I have the same take on Tremont. You will notice this if you look at my previous posts ITT. I was mocking you because you keep making the exact same post for whatever reason.

I know where you stand. I was commenting on your recent post. Obviously I replied to someone who evidently believes it is down to UConn, Creighton and Georgetown, and this person is very butthurt that UConn is apparently this default/also-ran. It's a common theme on the board. Pretty lame.

How is that a strawman? Did you think my initial post was in reply to you? Holy sheez.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know where you stand. I was commenting on your recent post. Obviously I replied to someone who evidently believes it is down to UConn, Creighton and Georgetown, and this person is very butthurt that UConn is apparently this default/also-ran. It's a common theme on the board. Pretty lame.

How is that a strawman? Did you think my initial post was in reply to you? Holy sheez.
So, what are the other schools in the mix?

Reaction Score
So, what are the other schools in the mix?

There are a lot. More than 10. I don't know which he favors or anything like that. I heard he has offers from places like Seton Hall and Maryland and Indiana, plus more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom