Article: Tremont Waters Prepares For Next Move | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Article: Tremont Waters Prepares For Next Move

C

Chief00

More important than passing is that it appears they can catch the damn ball. Brimah had stone hands. Nolan dropped tons of easy passes. Facey got better, but wasn't great. We gave up so many easy buckets because the bigs couldn't catch. I've seen kids who couldn't catch a lick train on a jugs machine and get significantly better, but Brimah either didn't try hard enough or was a lost cause in this department.
Brimah was a great kid but he did not take anything too seriously.

Reaction Score
Brimah was a great kid but he did not take anything too seriously.
do they have a shoot away or something similar to a jugs machine, chief? If not, next time you talk to KO you should tell him the boneyard will set up a donation in Brimah's name so we can buy them one.

C

Chief00

do they have a shoot away or something similar to a jugs machine, chief? If not, next time you talk to KO you should tell him the boneyard will set up a donation in Brimah's name so we can buy them one.
What I saw a couple times was Brimah trying to catch tennis balls - not sure what that was trying to prove. Again, it's Glen Miller's idea of Bigs coaching.

Reaction Score
What is different about what repair was done this time vs. last time? I honestly don't know, and you clearly know a lot more about this injury and its course of treatment than most.
This is a labrum surgery, not exactly sure what the original surgery was but it wasn't a labrum surgery. He had a quick rehab for the first injury and I never felt all that comfortable it would hold up. This is a much longer rehab and if everything with the surgery and rehab process have gone/are going smoothly the shoulder should be fully repaired and strong enough that it won't pop out of socket again.

Reaction Score
I've heard first surgery was a arthroscopic labral repair. That failed. The second procedure was open and significantly more and involved bony work/transfer.

Can't confirm any of this FWIW.

Reaction Score
I've heard first surgery was a arthroscopic labral repair. That failed. The second procedure was open and significantly more and involved bony work/transfer.

Can't confirm any of this FWIW.
I guess that makes sense but it still seems like he came back awfully quickly for an arthroscopic labrum repair. Don't think it was ever strengthened enough.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I guess that makes sense but it still seems like he came back awfully quickly for an arthroscopic labrum repair. Don't think it was ever strengthened enough.

No snark, but that's the point of arthro. To get you back faster. In hindsight, it was indeed too quick.

Reaction Score
I don't think there is anything weird with this recruitment and I don't think Tremont said anything remotely out of line. If you think he is some cocky diva because of those comments, don't read any comments from any recruits, ever.

Waiting for a better offer is an extremely normal thing. The only thing "off" in this recruitment is that Tremont decommitted late, justifiably so, and now we feel that he is under the gun to make a decision when he really isn't. If it wasn't for all of the "insiders" changing their take every week, there would be nothing abnormal. We are over analyzing everything. Good player has good offers in hand and is waiting for a top offer, likely contingent on another player (Duval). This is very normal.

The kid is an extremely good player and a good student and I have all the patience in the world for him. Its not like we have another comparable option at the guard position....

As to the frontcourt talk - there was the same talk leading into '14. That frontcourt was not good and the team was good because we had the best PG in the country. Lets hope that is the case again. Our incoming frontcourt has a very low bar to pass in comparison, even though I wouldn't exactly put money on them being better. Lets all buy into the 2 posters who claim Diarra was a beast in practice to fuel our likely false sense of optimism.
I was one of those posters but I still feel the need to add an experienced 5 man. The '14 frontcourt was comprised of Deandre, Phil, Olander and Brimah. Even if we look at just the 5, as weak as that seems on paper, it wasn't nearly as weak as this years. Phil was entering his sophomore year. Olander had started on a national championship team. Brimah started off at 3rd string and had time to get acclimated to the play a bit.

I hope I'm wrong but I am definitely concerned that our starting center is a man who needs to lose a ton of weight to just be able to stay on the floor. Moreover, our back up is a true freshman who will surely need time to acclimate. We can add all the guards we want such as Tremont, but if we don't have any bigs grabbing rebounds we're going to see yet another slowly paced offense that struggles in the half court.

EDIT: my apologies I hope I don't derail another thread, especially Tremont, into complete and utter nonsense.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
This should get the ball rolling...what are the chance Tremont commits today?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who do you want running the team - AG or Waters - only room for one to be happy
Both, and Jalen, that's what the one spot does. UConn has had two very type A guys playing guard together before, you might remember them:
shabazz.jpg

I seem to remember that working out okay.

Reaction Score
Both, and Jalen, that's what the one spot does. UConn has had two very type A guys playing guard together before, you might remember them:
shabazz.jpg

I seem to remember that working out okay.
Yeah, I don't quite understand that logic. It keeps each player fresh and allows them to show off different parts of their game. Other than being short, it's not like Waters and AG are the same player. Waters seems to set his game up based on the outside shot, while AG would rather drive the ball. That combo works plenty well together.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't quite understand that logic. It keeps each player fresh and allows them to show off different parts of their game. Other than being short, it's not like Waters and AG are the same player. Waters seems to set his game up based on the outside shot, while AG would rather drive the ball. That combo works plenty well together.

We have four very dynamic and distinct guards that can thrive in this system. There is room for everyone to get theirs. Larrier as well.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Pretty sad to think Tremont settled for UConn because of Duval going to Duke if he were to choose us. Just sickening and pathetic we are beneath Duke when we have accomplished just as much less one National Championship.

Reaction Score
I heard he's waiting to see if someone decommitts from Kentucky, or UCLA

And if no one does, he'll wait until the end of the summer just in case a player gets injured during drills at Duke or Kansas

And if rosters are still set, he may try to walk on at North Carolina

If all that falls through and Creighton can't bypass the Big East rule, we'll be in his final two with Western Kentucky.

But don't expect a commitment until November 3rd... at the earliest

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom