Article: Tremont Waters Prepares For Next Move | The Boneyard

Article: Tremont Waters Prepares For Next Move

Reaction Score
None of the schools he listed will he run the show at right away, except maybe Georgetown where they'll almost certainly utilize the bigs more than the guards. Kansas and Indiana both have no room for him, Duke has made it clear they don't want him, and he's already decommitted from Georgetown once. Just come here, play 25+ minutes a game as a freshman, and then be a starter for the rest of your time here on what would be some pretty good teams.

Reaction Score
Mr. Waters, come to Uconn and show the world your talent, you will play right away and will get unlimited playing time as long as you show your skill & talent.

Follow the championships & the Kemba Walker's, Ray Allen's, Ben Gordon's, A.J. Price's, & Shabazz Napier's of the world, just to mention a few.

Program that is filled with top guard pedigree that will help you fulfill your potential to one day fulfill your dreams!!

Come be a Husky, we welcome you with love & honor!!

Let's go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
"...you always gotta bring out the dog sometimes, just working on bringing out that dog, and winning a national championship.”

That sounds like something I've heard Ollie say before, no?

pj

Reaction Score
"...you always gotta bring out the dog sometimes, just working on bringing out that dog, and winning a national championship.”

That sounds like something I've heard Ollie say before, no?

Rip Hamilton was quoted (UConn, Walker celebrate season for the ages :: Final Four Focus) “Coach Calhoun knows how to bring the best out of his dogs, from Ray Allen to Ben Gordon.”

KO was quoted as looking for an "alpha dog" (http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...basketball-practice-1107-20151106-column.html): "You can have a lot of guys contribute," Ollie said last weekend, "but you have to have a guy that can be that alpha dog, too. That team we had [two years ago], we had options, but Shabazz [Napier] was that guy when everything got in disarray and tough, he was that guy to bring them together. That's what I'm searching for right now. I think I'm going to find it."

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
When asked what he wants in a school, he said, “Somewhere where they’ll let me run the show, become a much better person on the court & off the court, market me and let me show the world what I can do and also make my teammates better.”

UConn did a pretty good job of marketing Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier. The point guards run the show at UConn and we feature two. I think KO should be able to sell to this market.

Reaction Score

Rip Hamilton was quoted (UConn, Walker celebrate season for the ages :: Final Four Focus) “Coach Calhoun knows how to bring the best out of his dogs, from Ray Allen to Ben Gordon.”

KO was quoted as looking for an "alpha dog" (http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn...basketball-practice-1107-20151106-column.html): "You can have a lot of guys contribute," Ollie said last weekend, "but you have to have a guy that can be that alpha dog, too. That team we had [two years ago], we had options, but Shabazz [Napier] was that guy when everything got in disarray and tough, he was that guy to bring them together. That's what I'm searching for right now. I think I'm going to find it."

Thanks for those specific examples, amazing work. I thought I remember hearing him use it in the same way as Waters, but I may be mistaken. Then again, it's probably a good thing if our head coach refrains from the dog metaphors ;)

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
If he needs to "run the show" how will that work with Alterique who is essentially a freshman as well.....the 2 PG's work when they are staggered classes (Kemba/Bazz & Bazz /Boat).....not sure it would work in same class. I hope he comes but would need to co-exist with AG (if can stay healthy).

pj

Reaction Score
You want a point guard who wants to lead. Khalid El-Amin started running the show during his official visit. You can take this in a bad way as saying he wants to fight Alterique for the ball, or in a good way that he wants to lead the team. I prefer to take it in a good way. We'll find out when he decides -- if he comes here, it means he is fine with playing alongside Alterique.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If you want to become a better person, you can start by stop saying that you want someone to let you run the show. You run the show by earning it.

Exactly right.

If he comes here, I will of course welcome him to the Dog Pound and root for him. But reading his comments made me feel a little sour about him, to be honest. That's not the type of attitude I want in a player, and it's certainly not the UCONN way. Queue up the Geno Auriemma body language speech...

Reaction Score
If you want to become a better person, you can start by stop saying that you want someone to let you run the show. You run the show by earning it.

You and Towney took the words right off my keypad. Add the need to list Duke and UK and honestly this kid scares me. But he's really good.

Reaction Score
Another quote that makes me question his character:

"It didn’t end the way I wanted it to end with a championship, but I think I did good, I won Gatorade Player of the Year in Connecticut, I got a couple of SCC awards, a bunch of city awards, we didn’t win, but it was still a successful season"

Am I reading into this too much or does this translate into "Im not the reason we didn't win the championship at Norte Dame."

Not thrilled about that quote.

Reaction Score

"It didn’t end the way I wanted it to end with a championship, but I think I did good, I won Gatorade Player of the Year in Connecticut, I got a couple of SCC awards, a bunch of city awards, we didn’t win, but it was still a successful season"

Am I reading into this too much or does this translate into "Im not the reason we didn't win the championship at Norte Dame."

I think you're reading too much into it. A player is allowed to be happy with his individual accomplishments.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I don't think that he's saying it wasn't his fault they didn't win.

I think it's a little worse than that. I think he's essentially saying, "Hey, the team didn't win, but I personally had a great year, so that's what success means to me." Again, this is a very talented home-grown kid, but comments like this should give everyone pause. Maybe Ollie feels like he can mold him into UCONN material though. Lets hope so...

pj

Reaction Score
I think you're reading too much into it. A player is allowed to be happy with his individual accomplishments.

It's not like the team wasn't successful either, losing in the championship game. Kentucky and Syracuse are proud of years like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom