Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Whatever staff did that weekend worked.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The rawest of prospects with the highest ceiling imaginable. He’s going to require a good bit of coaching.

Reaction Score
I like to think of it this way… anyone can learn a second language any time in their life. However, it’s proven to be much easier at a young (elementary) age when that part of the brain is still raw and developing.

A lot of these guys are just finishing growing and getting into their “adult” bodies when they are reaching college. A really critical time in their development as players. If they aren’t being developed properly, or worse, being allowed to pick up bad habits, it’s much harder to teach them to improve fundamentals / change bad habits down the line.

While the D league coaching is obviously better, there is a reason very few athletically talented guys ever go from a 4 year college career to the D league to success in the NBA…
I think you can also make the argument that the G League is much more of a business than college. G League players come and go much more frequently than college and league brass are expecting trainers/coaches to invest in players who will provide the greatest ROI. If players like Rodney Purvis or Brimah haven’t developed enough in college due to a lack of effort on their coach’s part, the brass in the league (NBA or G) are going to move past them quickly. The window to make an impression is very small there and they’re only going to invest in you as much as the value they think you’ll bring in $$.

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does it mess with anyone else's OCD that second to last messed up the swoosh placement?
No, well, at least not until you mentioned it. So, thanks for that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF by CBS

Reaction Score
This is my 1000th post subjecting fellow Boneyarders to continuous misinformation and flawed analysis. To continue the tradition of flawed analysis, I like this kid more than most. In my view he can be perceieved as 'raw', but, that shouldn't be equated with not being capable to meaningfully contribute immediately IF the need came to put him on the court. Right now he can block shots and he can own the backboards. His hands are fast and authoritative snatching rebounds and got more than 10 boards each time I watched him. He was a key contributor in the paint on a winning EYBL team. The 2 particular games I watched focusing on him, he was intense in the last minutes trying to will his team to win, and he made big plays in the clutch. I posted on July 22nd that he snatched a big defensive RB, then speed dunked at the other end to take a lead. In those games he never dribbled nor took shots any distance from the basket. I assumed he had no skill in that regard. The pickup/practise video posted in this thread shows him pushing end to end with the ball in his hands, and making moves taking shots. My assumptions were wrong again. Obviously his team doesn't need any of this to win so he doesn't try it yet. Remember, he still has a full year to improve before he even shows up as a freshman. I like him as a player with a big upside, not a project that is worth taking a flyer on. He's better than that. (Downside was foul shooting which was 1-10 at early Peach Jam as I recall, after maybe 1-7 in previous games, ouch) Then he went to the line smooth as silk and knocked down 2-2 without hesitation and appearing confident. I don't have an explanation for that. Post 1001 I hope is a "welcome Youssouf". Thanks for being boneyarders willing to read my drivel.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Saw it somewhere on twitter but now I can't find it. Could have been a mispost by someone and was deleted. Not sure honestly, weird.

Reaction Score
Stats from 19 games in EYBL.

EYBL SINGARE NUMBERS (19 games)

7.6 PTS
7.2 RE
0.7 AST

0.9 TO
1.5 BLK
0.6 STL

58% FG (5.9 attempts per)
11% 3FG (0.5 attempts per)
42% FT (1.6 attempts per

Inconsistent blocking shots… Has games of 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, blocks, a few with two… and then 12 games with 0 or 1 blocks. Relatively consistent rebounding with two games (that @Ricker caught) where he had 10 and 18 rebounds. Most other games in the 5-8 rebound range.

Clearly not very good scoring the ball outside of open dunks.

And for those who saw the highlight video... Stop getting excited. This kid is not handling the ball in the open court and shouldn't be. It isn't his role and he's terrible at it, just like I'm terrible at dunking... not what I've trained to do.

Reaction Score
Well, to say that it looks like good news for us is coming would be a bit of an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom