2023 Recruiting: - Youssouf Singare | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Youssouf Singare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1663715323310.png

Saying this b4 his seton hall & providence visit means a lot

Reaction Score
If you want a handy guide to spotting morons on this here website, look for the guys who question Amida‘s work ethic.

Don't think I saw anyone question his work ethic? He certainly worked hard and most that I read pointed to that being obvious.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is my 1000th post subjecting fellow Boneyarders to continuous misinformation and flawed analysis. To continue the tradition of flawed analysis, I like this kid more than most. In my view he can be perceieved as 'raw', but, that shouldn't be equated with not being capable to meaningfully contribute immediately IF the need came to put him on the court. Right now he can block shots and he can own the backboards. His hands are fast and authoritative snatching rebounds and got more than 10 boards each time I watched him. He was a key contributor in the paint on a winning EYBL team. The 2 particular games I watched focusing on him, he was intense in the last minutes trying to will his team to win, and he made big plays in the clutch. I posted on July 22nd that he snatched a big defensive RB, then speed dunked at the other end to take a lead. In those games he never dribbled nor took shots any distance from the basket. I assumed he had no skill in that regard. The pickup/practise video posted in this thread shows him pushing end to end with the ball in his hands, and making moves taking shots. My assumptions were wrong again. Obviously his team doesn't need any of this to win so he doesn't try it yet. Remember, he still has a full year to improve before he even shows up as a freshman. I like him as a player with a big upside, not a project that is worth taking a flyer on. He's better than that. (Downside was foul shooting which was 1-10 at early Peach Jam as I recall, after maybe 1-7 in previous games, ouch) Then he went to the line smooth as silk and knocked down 2-2 without hesitation and appearing confident. I don't have an explanation for that. Post 1001 I hope is a "welcome Youssouf". Thanks for being boneyarders willing to read my drivel.

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

JK -- I like your drivel

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

“Youssouf Singare is very unique as he can run the floor like a guard, dribble enough to get what he needs done on the offensive end and protect the rim at a high level which he has shown every time he steps on the court,” said Lightning coach Andre Harrington. “He’s also an incredible leader.”

Always love hearing how coaches will sell their players. Kid should be making 20 mil in the nba right now.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Stats from 19 games in EYBL.

EYBL SINGARE NUMBERS (19 games)

7.6 PTS
7.2 RE
0.7 AST

0.9 TO
1.5 BLK
0.6 STL

58% FG (5.9 attempts per)
11% 3FG (0.5 attempts per)
42% FT (1.6 attempts per

Inconsistent blocking shots… Has games of 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, blocks, a few with two… and then 12 games with 0 or 1 blocks. Relatively consistent rebounding with two games (that @Ricker caught) where he had 10 and 18 rebounds. Most other games in the 5-8 rebound range.

Clearly not very good scoring the ball outside of open dunks.

And for those who saw the highlight video... Stop getting excited. This kid is not handling the ball in the open court and shouldn't be. It isn't his role and he's terrible at it, just like I'm terrible at dunking... not what I've trained to do.
I mean it’s hard to tell if he’ll be able to put it on the floor in games. He’s exceptionally raw. Gets a lot done just because of his length. I really like his stamina, ability to run the floor, and athleticism. A bunch of upside. Would be nice to have one of these long term upside kids actually work out.

Reaction Score
I will delete my account if he commits somewhere else
It would be odd if he sets a commitment date right before he was to visit the other two school just to commit to one of them

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
So the good guys since he didn't visit the others..

I know hush don't jink the Huskies

Reaction Score
So the good guys since he didn't visit the others..

I know hush don't jink the Huskies
Still like our chances given the timing and him cancelling the new visits, but he did visit Seton Hall and Providence in June on an unofficial

Reaction Score
I mean it’s hard to tell if he’ll be able to put it on the floor in games. He’s exceptionally raw. Gets a lot done just because of his length. I really like his stamina, ability to run the floor, and athleticism. A bunch of upside. Would be nice to have one of these long term upside kids actually work out.
How does he compare to our last 7 foot tall prospect? He has a similar ranking and is talked about in a similar way. I’m hoping experience taught the staff to communicate his role or identify better when a kid won’t have the patience to develop. Completely different people but still curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom