Reaction Score

Attachments

• 88A1979C-A9F4-4993-A1EB-FBD650D6FD76.png
    88A1979C-A9F4-4993-A1EB-FBD650D6FD76.png
    703.2 KB · Views: 278

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Love the potential of this class. Seems like Hurley is preparing for some early departures. I like to remind myself that DH called Tyrese’s NBA future very early on last season.

Castle 6’6 PG - #20 overall 5*
Ball 6’3 CG - #41 overall 4*
Ross 6’7 F - #131 overall 4*
Stewart 6’6 F - #71 overall 4
*Singare 7’0 C - NR

*potential additions
heights and ranking from 247 composite rankings

Reaction Score
But Springs is going to start, huh? You might want to consider that talent evaluation isn't your thing.
You obviously dont watch the same videos as i..have another beer.

Reaction Score
Seems like a plan D/E after striking out on our other PF/C targets, but hey not every recruit can be top 50. Seems there a lot of potential there, but likely not a day 1 impact. Regardless, if the staff likes him it’s probably a good fit

Interestingly, with today’s commitment that would put the team at 15 players (without departures, and also assuming Newton and Alleyne don’t exercise an extra year) in ‘23-24 if the freshman class ends up being 5 players (Castle, Ball, Ross, 2 more). With Sanogo likely gone to NBA, that would require one more NBA exit or transfer to make things work, without even considering Newton/Alleyne staying. Will be interesting to see how things shake out

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched Singare a bunch in the Peach Jam and posted positively then. Brimah is a pretty good comp. There are stronger centers in the 2023 class to hold position in the post, there are better offensive centers that take outside shots, but I haven't seen any better rim protectors and this kid dunks the ball so fast that a defender can't react. When I watched the recently posted Emeka video of 2004 season, the speed of his dunk was remarked on by Billy Packer as something that really set Emeka apart. This kid also has speed, grace, and some aggressiveness. I think he would be an excellent talent. Some overlap to Samson Johnson but with less outside skill and more post defense. I'd welcome his commitment.

Reaction Score
I’m giggling at the idea of Clingan/Singare playing at the same time

Freak athlete 7 footers are always welcome if you have the roster spots for them. We currently don’t have a backup C after Sanogo leaves, so if there isn’t a plan to get another well ranked big, may as well go after him for the potential

Reaction Score
I’m giggling at the idea of Clingan/Singare playing at the same time

Freak athlete 7 footers are always welcome if you have the roster spots for them. We currently don’t have a backup C after Sanogo leaves, so if there isn’t a plan to get another well ranked big, may as well go after him for the potential

Clingan and Singare playing on the court at the same time is a shockingly terrible idea.

Goodbye spacing. Hello getting lit up by opposing guards for 150 points a game.

Reaction Score
A guy like Singare is who you want on the roster with Donovan.

I agree... complimentary skillsets. Singare is who you throw out there vs those skilled, mobile centers Donovan will have trouble with. Or when we want to play faster. Or need that rim protector.

Donovan you play for some more skill, a heavy body, definitely a bit of passing. He isn't going to guard anyone switching on the perimeter well... but when you need a beast to break some bones in the post he will he our guy eventually.

Reaction Score
Clingan and Singare playing on the court at the same time is a shockingly terrible idea.

Goodbye spacing. Hello getting lit up by opposing guards for 150 points a game.

That's why I was giggling :)

Reaction Score
I watched Singare a bunch in the Peach Jam and posted positively then. Brimah is a pretty good comp. There are stronger centers in the 2023 class to hold position in the post, there are better offensive centers that take outside shots, but I haven't seen any better rim protectors and this kid dunks the ball so fast that a defender can't react. When I watched the recently posted Emeka video of 2004 season, the speed of his dunk was remarked on by Billy Packer as something that really set Emeka apart. This kid also has speed, grace, and some aggressiveness. I think he would be an excellent talent. Some overlap to Samson Johnson but with less outside skill and more post defense. I'd welcome his commitment.
I was just thinking I don’t know much about this kid and do we want him or is he a guy bc they missed on a bunch. Thanks for the write-up.

I loved Brimah and if he had Calhoun he’d have been a 1st rounder. Sign me up for another Brimah who might be a quicker leaper! Thanks @Ricker

Long live the Brimah Chop (vs St Joes)!

Reaction Score
We have a good staff that has great judgement on talent. We should have enough scorers and depth for him to come in, learn, and continue to develop his shot blocking presence. Would love to have him!!

Sign me up for another block party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA