2023 Recruiting: - Youssouf Singare | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Youssouf Singare

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is my 1000th post subjecting fellow Boneyarders to continuous misinformation and flawed analysis. To continue the tradition of flawed analysis, I like this kid more than most. In my view he can be perceieved as 'raw', but, that shouldn't be equated with not being capable to meaningfully contribute immediately IF the need came to put him on the court. Right now he can block shots and he can own the backboards. His hands are fast and authoritative snatching rebounds and got more than 10 boards each time I watched him. He was a key contributor in the paint on a winning EYBL team. The 2 particular games I watched focusing on him, he was intense in the last minutes trying to will his team to win, and he made big plays in the clutch. I posted on July 22nd that he snatched a big defensive RB, then speed dunked at the other end to take a lead. In those games he never dribbled nor took shots any distance from the basket. I assumed he had no skill in that regard. The pickup/practise video posted in this thread shows him pushing end to end with the ball in his hands, and making moves taking shots. My assumptions were wrong again. Obviously his team doesn't need any of this to win so he doesn't try it yet. Remember, he still has a full year to improve before he even shows up as a freshman. I like him as a player with a big upside, not a project that is worth taking a flyer on. He's better than that. (Downside was foul shooting which was 1-10 at early Peach Jam as I recall, after maybe 1-7 in previous games, ouch) Then he went to the line smooth as silk and knocked down 2-2 without hesitation and appearing confident. I don't have an explanation for that. Post 1001 I hope is a "welcome Youssouf". Thanks for being boneyarders willing to read my drivel.
All this post points to another special person and player. Intangibles such as intensity and will to win. Now when he graduates he can be in the next level of having his skills sharpened and his seemingly unlimited potential raised to another level. Wow. Hats off again to the on fire staff.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Stats from 19 games in EYBL.

EYBL SINGARE NUMBERS (19 games)

7.6 PTS
7.2 RE
0.7 AST

0.9 TO
1.5 BLK
0.6 STL

58% FG (5.9 attempts per)
11% 3FG (0.5 attempts per)
42% FT (1.6 attempts per

Inconsistent blocking shots… Has games of 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, blocks, a few with two… and then 12 games with 0 or 1 blocks. Relatively consistent rebounding with two games (that @Ricker caught) where he had 10 and 18 rebounds. Most other games in the 5-8 rebound range.

Clearly not very good scoring the ball outside of open dunks.

And for those who saw the highlight video... Stop getting excited. This kid is not handling the ball in the open court and shouldn't be. It isn't his role and he's terrible at it, just like I'm terrible at dunking... not what I've trained to do.
Solution is to have @Ricker catch every game and Singare will be one and done!

Reaction Score
I mean it’s hard to tell if he’ll be able to put it on the floor in games. He’s exceptionally raw. Gets a lot done just because of his length. I really like his stamina, ability to run the floor, and athleticism. A bunch of upside. Would be nice to have one of these long term upside kids actually work out.

It isn't, though. I'm sure he'll develop the ability to take a couple dribble to establish position in the post, but there's no way he's going to be handling the ball in the open court. It was a half-assed practice video and he still looks clunky with the ball in his hands. It doesn't take a D1 coach to see that he's not comfortable dribbling.

He's a 7-foot tall freak athlete. If he had any skill other than dunking, blocking shots, and being huge, he'd be going to the NBA yesterday.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
We don’t battle & lose recruits to Providence anymore (outside sketchy stuff with he who won’t be mentioned)

That’s something Syracuse does now
hence 0¢

Reaction Score
Another futurecast from rivals and a 99.9% from ON3

1663768904916.png

1663768979325.png

Reaction Score
This is my 1000th post subjecting fellow Boneyarders to continuous misinformation and flawed analysis. To continue the tradition of flawed analysis, I like this kid more than most. In my view he can be perceieved as 'raw', but, that shouldn't be equated with not being capable to meaningfully contribute immediately IF the need came to put him on the court. Right now he can block shots and he can own the backboards. His hands are fast and authoritative snatching rebounds and got more than 10 boards each time I watched him. He was a key contributor in the paint on a winning EYBL team. The 2 particular games I watched focusing on him, he was intense in the last minutes trying to will his team to win, and he made big plays in the clutch. I posted on July 22nd that he snatched a big defensive RB, then speed dunked at the other end to take a lead. In those games he never dribbled nor took shots any distance from the basket. I assumed he had no skill in that regard. The pickup/practise video posted in this thread shows him pushing end to end with the ball in his hands, and making moves taking shots. My assumptions were wrong again. Obviously his team doesn't need any of this to win so he doesn't try it yet. Remember, he still has a full year to improve before he even shows up as a freshman. I like him as a player with a big upside, not a project that is worth taking a flyer on. He's better than that. (Downside was foul shooting which was 1-10 at early Peach Jam as I recall, after maybe 1-7 in previous games, ouch) Then he went to the line smooth as silk and knocked down 2-2 without hesitation and appearing confident. I don't have an explanation for that. Post 1001 I hope is a "welcome Youssouf". Thanks for being boneyarders willing to read my drivel.
Congratulations @Ricker, your 1000th post is a winner. Candid, modest, and insightful, peppered with basketball knowledge and opinions, with actual eyes on the player you are discussing.

Awesomeness! We should give you some sort of an award for all this fine posting of yours. :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There is a lot of potential for Youssouf at the college level.

The Brimah comparison is a good comparison. They are both African and both raw at this stage. That's where the comparison ends.

Singare appears to have better hands, quicker reflexes, better at dunking when bringing the ball up over the rim from below the rim so stronger hands, and even with his rawness better instincts for the game. That move he made for the baseline shot was quicker and more instinctive than the few times Brimah tried it. I also expect Singare to be much more adept at blocking and turning for rebounds than Brimah. I doubt Singare will fall to the ground as often as soccer Brimah was prone to do.:cool:

The speed at which Singare gets down the court will give opposing teams fits and Castle should get an assist or two every game just on outlet passes.

After Brimah's freshman year opposing teams drove into his body neutralizing his blocking ability and causing him to get into foul trouble. I'm guessing that won't happen to Singare because he'll use his stronger framework to hold position.

The one thing I didn't see in the films was if Singare could elevate as high as Brimah. The alley oop was where Brimah made his money dunking but he was often blocked when he got the ball below the rim and attempted to dunk.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My hope is for a Brimah with hands. Brimah would’ve been much better if he didn’t drop rebounds and have the ball knocked away in the post. Having a rim protector with that ability can carry your defense, going from a giant like Don, to an athlete like Singare will keep our defense stout.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
My hope is for a Brimah with hands. Brimah would’ve been much better if he didn’t drop rebounds and have the ball knocked away in the post. Having a rim protector with that ability can carry your defense, going from a giant like Don, to an athlete like Singare will keep our defense stout.
I think most people would sign up for that in a minute. I would.

Reaction Score
I see Birmah mixed with some Facey.

Reaction Score
It has to be a lock. I know kids play around with recruiting but that Fab 5 photo was so coordinated that I can't see it going any other way.
It's a lock. You don't cancel visits and then commit to a school whose visit you just cancelled.

The Fab 5 picture was more than likely taken after Stewart and Singare verballed to the staff on their visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom