2023 Recruiting: - Youssouf Singare | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Youssouf Singare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is from Mali, same as Adama. Arrived in 2019, so he is raw but a ton of potential. I think our success over the years with players from Africa (Thabeet, Charles O, Brimah, Adama, Samson) can only help, and two currently on the roster, one from the homeland. I like our chances.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
When was the last time we landed 5 4 stars? 2006?

Reaction Score
Is Singare someone who is likely going to be a late riser in the rankings or is he comfortably in that 100-120ish range?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Is Singare someone who is likely going to be a late riser in the rankings or is he comfortably in that 100-120ish range?
I would say 100-120 is fair because his offensive upside is limited. You know he’s a great rim protector so he’s safe, but the lack of a high ceiling usually keeps kids like him in that range. Still would be a big win convincing him to come in one year after Clingan.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I was just thinking I don’t know much about this kid and do we want him or is he a guy bc they missed on a bunch. Thanks for the write-up.

I loved Brimah and if he had Calhoun he’d have been a 1st rounder. Sign me up for another Brimah who might be a quicker leaper! Thanks @Ricker

Long live the Brimah Chop (vs St Joes)!

Brimah had bad hands problem. He also got overhyped and did not make a lot of good decisions on the court though I loved the passion he played with. This kid looks amazingly fluid in the open court and a lot more savvy on defense. Much more upside vs Brimah in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Brimah had bad hands problem. He also got overhyped and did not make a lot of good decisions on the court though I loved the passion he played with. This kid looks amazingly fluid in the open court and a lot more savvy on defense. Much more upside vs Brimah in my opinion.
He’s Brimah now and still learning. I mean even open court in the fact he can handle the ball is an improvement but he’s raw. A couple of the jump hooks after some decent foot work were nice. Nice piece to go along with Clingan.

Reaction Score
Watching this vid
1) super impressed with his confidence handling the ball (mostly right for sure)
2) had a nice creative pass near the hoop
3) comfortable with the ball
4) ok stroke at worst

I figured Id just see dunks and blocks. Very impressed. A project big obv but a lot to work with here!

Love for others who have seen him to weigh in.

What’s his story is he a reclass, late bloomer what? Or is it I just don’t follow recruiting anymore really. Thanks!

Reaction Score
He reminds me slightly of what I thought we would get out of Dimon Carrigan.

Reaction Score
He’s a little wild, like he might hurt one of our guys in practice. If he can be contained and trained, could be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom