2023 Recruiting: - Youssouf Singare | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Youssouf Singare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am no insider and have no info, but something tells me that both guys gave silent verbals last weekend. They decided by pecking order by ranking that Jaylin would announce first this week. Then, after Jaylin has had his weekend to celebrate and bask in the spotlight, Youssouf will then announce sometime next week. It just feels like a done deal.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I am no insider and have no info, but something tells me that both guys gave silent verbals last weekend. They decided by pecking order by ranking that Jaylin would announce first this week. Then, after Jaylin has had his weekend to celebrate and bask in the spotlight, Youssouf will then announce sometime next week. It just feels like a done deal.
doubt it was decided by ranking, but the rest I’m on board with. Tipton probably needs time to make two edits as well.

Reaction Score
Did Singare get any Lays chips??

Reaction Score
5 kids don't pose in a photo like that unless they were all 10 toes in.

:cool:
Fridays seem to be our commitment day. I’d bet on an announcement on Friday (I literally know nothing but had the feeling something was coming the day Roumoglou committed, and had a feeling Stewart was going to commit Friday). Just seems to be a pattern.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Brimah had bad hands problem. He also got overhyped and did not make a lot of good decisions on the court though I loved the passion he played with. This kid looks amazingly fluid in the open court and a lot more savvy on defense. Much more upside vs Brimah in my opinion.

Brimah would have been a LOT better with any coaching staff that put any work into developing players. The lack of player development, IMO, was the worst thing about the Ollie tenure. Brimah was barely any better when he graduated then he was when he made that and-1 as a freshman. Simply astounding.

I guess if someone is saying a player can be impactful as Brimah as a freshman, it's a compliment, but if they're saying the recruit's ceiling is the same as the one Brimah showed, it's not.

Reaction Score
Brimah would have been a LOT better with any coaching staff that put any work into developing players. The lack of player development, IMO, was the worst thing about the Ollie tenure. Brimah was barely any better when he graduated then he was when he made that and-1 as a freshman. Simply astounding.

I guess if someone is saying a player can be impactful as Brimah as a freshman, it's a compliment, but if they're saying the recruit's ceiling is the same as the one Brimah showed, it's not.

Probably a little but he didn’t improve because he never learned the game and a lot of that is on him. I mean to be the same 6/5/3 guy every year tells you something about him too. Just never picked up what he should have just by playing the game. I mean where is he now after supposedly a lot better coaching?

Reaction Score
I would hope that he would have a higher upside than Brimah

Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Yeah thats right it was KO I noticed how AB is tearing up the NBA with the coaches who covet his work ethic.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Probably a little but he didn’t improve because he never learned the game and a lot of that is on him. I mean to be the same 6/5/3 guy every year tells you something about him too. Just never picked up what he should have just by playing the game. I mean where is he now after supposedly a lot better coaching?

I agree to some extent. However, it's hard to put it mostly on Brimah when EVERY OTHER PLAYER ALSO PLATEAUED UNDER OLLIE.

Hamilton? Adams? Those guys should have been so much better. I refuse to believe that every one of these players lacked the will to improve. Ollie and his staff failed these kids and the program, period.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yeah thats right it was KO I noticed how AB is tearing up the NBA with the coaches who covet his work ethic.

Funny how, as the HC, KO only recruited guys who never had the work ethic to improve under him. Very funny. What a wacky coincidence.

Brimah's not the most talented guy in the world and was never going to be Dikembe Mutombo but when you don't improve over 4 seasons in college your trajectory is irreparably harmed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Both can be true in this case. But I wonder if he’d include it in the article without confirmation the visits are still happening. Could be old info tho.

Attachments

• 26A54364-FA08-4E53-AF0E-C59370AD3A45.png
    26A54364-FA08-4E53-AF0E-C59370AD3A45.png
    999.3 KB · Views: 517
Reaction Score
I agree to some extent. However, it's hard to put it mostly on Brimah when EVERY OTHER PLAYER ALSO PLATEAUED UNDER OLLIE.

Hamilton? Adams? Those guys should have been so much better. I refuse to believe that every one of these players lacked the will to improve. Ollie and his staff failed these kids and the program, period.

All a little nomar but truth is none of them are killing it with D League coaching either right? All young enough to get better after supposed better coaching yet all stuck in the D League or Europe. Sometimes it’s just the kid, the player.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
All a little nomar but truth is none of them are killing it with D League coaching either right? All young enough to get better after supposed better coaching yet all stuck in the D League or Europe. Sometimes it’s just the kid, the player.
I like to think of it this way… anyone can learn a second language any time in their life. However, it’s proven to be much easier at a young (elementary) age when that part of the brain is still raw and developing.

A lot of these guys are just finishing growing and getting into their “adult” bodies when they are reaching college. A really critical time in their development as players. If they aren’t being developed properly, or worse, being allowed to pick up bad habits, it’s much harder to teach them to improve fundamentals / change bad habits down the line.

While the D league coaching is obviously better, there is a reason very few athletically talented guys ever go from a 4 year college career to the D league to success in the NBA…

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I touched on it earlier in this tread but McLovin said it a lot better than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom