When was the last time you went out? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

When was the last time you went out?

Reaction Score
I still go out but to more remote areas late in the day for a drive, to take pictures etc. I go to grocery store a few times a week but at quieter times, and now with a mask. I’ve golfed a few times with a few friends but all at a comfortable distance in own carts. Working from home has driven me crazy so I need to get out just enough to appreciate some good things in life and maintain sanity.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Interesting research on the value of masks we all so dutifully wear.
That was an interesting read. To summarize there are two factors in determining the effectiveness of a mask namely the amount of particulate screening and the fit to prevent leakage. The better the screening, the more likely the user is to force air through gaps creating leakage.

Anecdotally, most people seem to have inadequate or poorly fitting masks. The one thing that they would seem to do effectively is keeping people touching their nose or mouth, although I have seen people take their mask down, wipe their nose with their hand and then put the mask back on.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe common sense says that but the research doesn’t. That article Chief linked sourced 52 academic studies. There was no evidence of any value. The CDC website CT.Gov referenced used the word “may” protect those around the wearer but they linked no studies as they typically do to back up the “May”.

The mask you wear isn’t for you. The mask everybody else wears is for you. We know there are many asymptomatic cases, so masks will slow transmission by those people. That’s the theory. To be protected as a wearer, you need a good mask like an N95. My wife has Filtrete filter material from 3M she now sews into cloth masks. Should make them semi protective, but they still won’t have the tight fit needed.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I still go into office 3 days a week. (work from home the other two)

grocery Shopping about every 10-14 days. Other than that gas stations (cigarettes and juul pods) a couple times a week and the occasional trip to liquor store. (curbside delivery)
A couple times a week (when its not raining or freesing because the last couple weeks its always raining or freezing ).... walk at the beach.

Gloves and masks are key when out..... (and a big bottle of hand sanitzer in car)

Reaction Score
Local hikes in our beautiful rural areas 5-6 times per week. Even on weekdays now, the more popular places are busier than weekends in the summer. Food shopping for my mom once a week.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tomorrow is going to be beautiful and I should be looking forward to a nice trail walk with my wife, baby, and dog. Not looking forward to the crowds anywhere we try to go. Not to sound snobby but it’s what I would be doing tomorrow regardless of the pandemic so it’s a little frustrating there’s going to be tons more people than you’d see even on a nice spring day. With the baby on a rigid eat/sleep schedule we can’t afford to venture too far from home but thankfully there’s plenty of trails (increasingly crowded) nearby. Have noticed more and more face coverings out there though which is nice.

To the “you can’t send people back to work until there’s a vaccine (a year from now)” and “you can’t keep people out of work for a year (what happens when half the workforce dies?)” argument, either option needs to consider the flip side. If we go back to work, what measures must be in place to keep people safe and if we stay home how will business adjust to accommodate more wfh and what new jobs will be created.

Neither option is cut and dry.

Reaction Score
Local hikes in our beautiful rural areas 5-6 times per week. Even on weekdays now, the more popular places are busier than weekends in the summer. Food shopping for my mom once a week.

I went by a popular spot last weekend and the amount of people out and cars parked all over was insane. Many of the people werent wearing face masks. We did something away from the crowds but no way people are socially distancing.

Reaction Score
Played golf yesterday. Didn't get close to anyone and was in fresh air. Didn't touch anything buy my clubs, my ball and the cart which I wiped down always. Safer than the stores but it took me 7 weeks to believe that I admit that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Played golf at the Tradition in Wallingford with a friend. 18 holes walking for $25. No one was in sight. I am sore as hell this morning using muscles usually occupied on a golf cart.
Ouch, walking Lyman Jones Course tomorrow, I also expect to be very sore Sunday. Looking forward to walking on a beautiful course though on what looks to be a great day.

Reaction Score
Played golf yesterday. Didn't get close to anyone and was in fresh air. Didn't touch anything buy my clubs, my ball and the cart which I wiped down always. Safer than the stores but it took me 7 weeks to believe that I admit that.

See "tentoes" we could play golf and enjoy talking about golf and UConn but let's make sure we don't discuss the Yanks and Sox lol.

Reaction Score
Ouch, walking Lyman Jones Course tomorrow, I also expect to be very sore Sunday. Looking forward to walking on a beautiful course though on what looks to be a great day.

Grew up on Jones course walked it when I was in my 20's don't think I would like that now. Not bad for a while and fairly flat until a few tough hills. Great old track but need to stay away when there's a couple days of rain. Enjoy should be the best day in a while, good pick. Greg Belavander who was the assistant to Dick Bierkan back int he 80's is back there too saw him a couple of months ago when I played there.

Reaction Score
Grew up on Jones course walked it when I was in my 20's don't think I would like that now. Not bad for a while and fairly flat until a few tough hills. Great old track but need to stay away when there's a couple days of rain. Enjoy should be the best day in a while, good pick. Greg Belavander who was the assistant to Dick Bierkan back int he 80's is back there too saw him a couple of months ago when I played there.
Thanks. I played the Player years ago, a lot of blinds there so I’m looking forward to playing this one. Rain today has me concerned but tee time isn’t until 2:30 so hoping it dries out by then. 8 minutes from my house, only $45 and my one main trip out of the house for the week so hard to pass up. Where are you playing next?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
About to venture into Target. Wife scheduled a pickup but accidentally chose in store and not curbside. Praise be.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm out just about every day for a 4+ mile bike ride.

Today was grocery shopping. Had my face mask on. Interesting having to follow the arrows on which way to go in the isles.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I played the Player years ago, a lot of blinds there so I’m looking forward to playing this one. Rain today has me concerned but tee time isn’t until 2:30 so hoping it dries out by then. 8 minutes from my house, only $45 and my one main trip out of the house for the week so hard to pass up. Where are you playing next?

Not bragging but looks like TPC next week but the weather isn't looking promising so may have to wait a week. Have a good friend through business who gets me to bring 4-6 along with his buddy a couple of times a year. Right now during the week is open so we're trying to get in between next weeks rain drops.

Otherwise Topstone next weekend.

Player is tons of blinds although some fun holes too. But hate it when you can't hit driver on 3-4 par 4s without potentially creating problems without perfection. Jones is the better course easily. Hearing lots of NY and NJ traffic there.

Reaction Score
I’m on my 48th day. My son does grocery shopping and takes me on a drive once a week. I never get out of the truck. Sit out in the yard on nice days. I started to sleep a lot. Thank heaven for the Internet and tv. Going bonkers.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Walk frequently. Fill in grocery shopping between overbooked home delivery dates. A few MD appointments that couldn’t be by teleconference. Always mask and gloves. Visit to one of are kids and his family, but outside and doing masks and distancing. It’s possible to get outside without going totally stir crazy. Might golf soon. My friends have golfed and the open courses are apparently pretty good at enforcing distancing and disinfecting electric cars, one rider to a cart.

Reaction Score
I played both the Jones and Player courses. Folks ask me which one I like better. My problem is that I mix up the two and can't remember what holes are on which one. Yep I am 62 years old.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Wait, where did you play? Thought you were in Mass.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
About to venture into Target. Wife scheduled a pickup but accidentally chose in store and not curbside. Praise be.

Grab all kinds of other crap while you are there. They are so big it is pretty safe in there.

Reaction Score
Wait, where did you play? Thought you were in Mass.

I am in MA, went to Blue Fox Run in Avon CT. Only about 35-40 minutes from me through Granby, Tarifville the back way. CT is not stopping out of staters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom