When was the last time you went out? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

When was the last time you went out?

Reaction Score
Real estate lawyer. Somehow I am essential. At work everyday. Sucks but at least I am working I guess. Still doing 10-12 closings a week. Obviously I am the grocery shopper for my family and my elderly parents.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Management in a bank - go to the office every day - go out and see some local merchants who are open, get home at 6 and walk 2.5 miles. I'm over 60 and won't wear a mask BUT I appreciate everyone's approach to this issue.

Reaction Score
I work in one of the few industries that hasn't been affected (golf) so most aspects of my day to day life haven't changed. Because I still go into work everyday, I almost forget there is a pandemic until I go to a grocery store or something. Today I went to buy fishing gear for when I get off work only to realize Dick's was closed.

The worst part is that I can't even enjoy the things I usually do in my free time (bars, gym, etc.) but I still have to go into work and do the more mundane tasks of my daily routine. I just want everything to go back to normal so bad.

Reaction Score
I walk almost every day about a mile with my fly rod, sling pack and net (no waders), fish for several hours, clear my head, feed my soul and walk a mile home feeling blessed to have escaped the news of death, incompetence and general chaos.

Reaction Score
Wow that’s pretty impressive - what are u eating ? Rice cakes, tofu, and grass? You must’ve stocked up like you were in an episode of The Walking Dead. Good for u.
Spouse, neighbor, peapod, instacart keep the cupboard full

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Went out on Sunday to a sit down restaurant and enjoyed Ravioli filled with butternut squash/ brown butter sage/ and pumpkin seed.
Where?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I work in one of the few industries that hasn't been affected (golf) so most aspects of my day to day life haven't changed. Because I still go into work everyday, I almost forget there is a pandemic until I go to a grocery store or something. Today I went to buy fishing gear for when I get off work only to realize Dick's was closed.

The worst part is that I can't even enjoy the things I usually do in my free time (bars, gym, etc.) but I still have to go into work and do the more mundane tasks of my daily routine. I just want everything to go back to normal so bad.

I wish golf courses were open in Mass. I live two miles from RI, where courses are open, but there is this.

CL82

Reaction Score
Philly, but you had to read the next post.
Hmm, almost worth the drive from Northern Jersey.

Reaction Score
Hmm, almost worth the drive from Northern Jersey.
Still some solid curbside pickup in North Jersey. I have some awesome hand made pasta lasagna and some sides coming from a great little fancy Italian place coming Saturday!

CL82

Reaction Score
Still some solid curbside pickup in North Jersey. I have some awesome hand made pasta lasagna and some sides coming from a great little fancy Italian place coming Saturday!
Yep, I'm doing that as well but I miss eating out. I wonder what that is going to look like in a post Corona virus lock down world.

Which restaurant?

Reaction Score
Yep, I'm doing that as well but I miss eating out. I wonder what that is going to look like in a post Corona virus lock down world.

California governor Gavin Newsom :

Newsom did outline what such a reopening might look like, particularly for restaurants and diners, saying that half-full restaurant dining rooms would likely be common to start, as a way to promote continued physical distancing. Staff members could be wearing gloves and masks, as has been mandated for essential personnel already in the city of Los Angeles, and other changes including temperature checks at the door and disposable menus could become commonplace. “This could become the new normal,” Newsom offered, at least initially as restaurants and the broader economy slowly come online across not only California, but also Oregon and Washington states.

Reaction Score

Which restaurant?
Eating out is going to be weird for a while. Limited patrons, staff in masks...

Two solid pick-up places so far:
1) From Scratch in Ridgewood. Great place. A bit pricey, but the pasta is fantastic. That’s what we have coming on Saturday.
2) Rocca. Used to be in Glen Rock, now they cater out of Wyckoff. Choice of a couple pastas, proteins, salads, bread and they drop off in aluminum containers.

Reaction Score
Wife and I walk 2-3 miles once or twice a day weather permitting at our condominium complex. We have a small population and a lot of acreage so do not come across many people at any given time. When we do we practice antisocial distancing.

We have groceries delivered and follow policies to reduce risk of contamination.

It's good to see people following recommendations. My wife and I spoke to our nephew who is a paramedic for the Bronx EMS. According to him the news is not able to convey what he sees daily. He's worked for the EMS twenty five years, was on duty during 911, worked through the natural disasters of the major storms. According to him nothing compares to what is happening now. They are under reporting the number of times physicians had to make the difficult choice of deciding who should be on ventilators and the numbers that have died as a result of inadequate devices.

It's near impossible for people in densely populated areas to socially isolate. Those of us who have the ability to practice social distancing because of our environment allows this should not underestimate the value of this policy.

Can't imagine trying to socially distance in The City.
One thing is puzzling about what your nephew said. Gov. Cuomo clearly stated a few days ago that they had an excess of ventilators and had in fact shipped a couple hundred to another state that needed them. If that's true, maybe your nephew's experience was anecdotal for his coverage area.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We're walking 3 miles a day, playing some golf, working on my cars a bit, pruning lots of shrubs, doing food shopping and for other needed items, but we don't have a major outbreak in my part of SC. Just doesn't feel normal to have people walking around with masks on and gloves, but we can live with it for a while. I just wonder when people will get tired of it and stop maintaining their distance, etc.

One piece of shopping advice for those who go to Target. They normally stock shelves overnight or early in the AM so last week I asked the "greeter" if that's still the case and she said yes. Then I asked if she knew if they would be getting any paper products in that night or the next few days and she checked some papers she had and advised they would be stocking some that night and that I should come in a few minutes before opening and get in line. I was maybe tenth in line and when the doors opened everyone ahead of me made a beeline down the most direct aisle to the paper products.
And, there the packages were, waiting in the paper products aisle, with a "virtual beam of light" shining down on them, a couple dozen bulk packages each for several brands of towels, toilet paper, etc.
We can now relax for a couple months.

Reaction Score
I walk everyday. I run five days a week. Three of those five runs I do away from home at a nearby trail or park. Then there's the grocery every other week or so. So quite a lot.

Reaction Score
I feel like I'm in the middle of an O. Henry story. I picked up Tyler Phommachanh at BJ's last week and now I've been constipated for 3 days.
Tmi

Reaction Score
Eating out is going to be weird for a while. Limited patrons, staff in masks...

Two solid pick-up places so far:
1) From Scratch in Ridgewood. Great place. A bit pricey, but the pasta is fantastic. That’s what we have coming on Saturday.
2) Rocca. Used to be in Glen Rock, now they cater out of Wyckoff. Choice of a couple pastas, proteins, salads, bread and they drop off in aluminum containers.
From Scratch is great...a few years ago took my team there for a private cooking class...The pizza from St. Egidio around the corner from there was great when I lived in NJ.

Reaction Score
Today was the first time out to get groceries since all this madness started on March 14th. Went to Walmart and counted 90 people waiting in line outside, I waited for 5 minutes and saw the line wasn't moving. Went to Aldi's and there were 10 people waiting in line, only waited 3 minutes and there was no line when I left the store. Only other times I've been out was to vote on March 17th and for some drives.

Reaction Score
I feel like I'm in the middle of an O. Henry story. I picked up Tyler Phommachanh at BJ's last week and now I've been constipated for 3 days.
Miralax is the bomb.

Reaction Score
I didn’t leave my home today but I’ve been going for walks, grocery shopping for myself and also picked up groceries for my folks, got gas once and take out a few times. What’s really depressing is i haven’t seen my sister’s family and have only seen my parents from a distance. Easter breakfast was completely called off and Memorial Day cookout will be too. It’s only been a month but this sucks for everyone but at least I’m alive

Reaction Score
I won't be going out for a while. Just lost my job. 20 years of grinding and climbing wiped out by a virus from 8,000 miles away. That's a hard one to accept. Instead of laying off people, shouldn't companies give everyone a temporary pay cut to keep our people employed so the economy can come back? I'm sure our CEO isnt giving up any of his $12 million a year in salary......

Reaction Score
I won't be going out for a while. Just lost my job. 20 years of grinding and climbing wiped out by a virus from 8,000 miles away. That's a hard one to accept. Instead of laying off people, shouldn't companies give everyone a temporary pay cut to keep our people employed so the economy can come back? I'm sure our CEO isnt giving up any of his $12 million a year in salary......

Life is a kick in the d___ sometimes. Keep your head up, you'll bounce back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom