When was the last time you went out? | The Boneyard

When was the last time you went out?

Reaction Score
Not the deck or backyard. When was the last time you actually left your home or yard?

I went to the pharmacy about 10 days ago to get a prescription. Full body armor, mask, gloves, hat, everything went in the washing machine upon returning home. I'm basically locked in. So 10 days.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My wife and I alternate going to the grocery store every few days so I get out once or twice a week to keep my sanity although the apathy that I see with some people in terms of distancing and following simple guidelines like the arrows that grocery stores are using is frustrating. Other than that, I don't leave my house.

Reaction Score
A week ago I went to pick up a prescription. It was brought out to me in the car and tossed in through an open window. I was in mask and gloves expecting to go in. On the same trip, I picked up some groceries that my mother-in-law had ordered for us for curbside pickup. Her local grocer Is doing curbside, but only for seniors. We can’t seem to get on the list for any of the delivery services (Peapod, Instacart, etc).

We’ve gotten takeout a few times as well, but not since then. We did have dinner delivered on Saturday. The driver had a mask on sitting below her nose and no gloves. Everything got wiped down before coming in.

I’m still amazed how many people I’ve seen when I have been out in Ffld Co who aren’t wearing masks or gloves.

Reaction Score
Every day at least down the street with the dog usually to a park but pick places no one (or very few so I can be sure to go a different way) is at and haven't come near anyone on a dog walk yet, usually 2 a day, my wife brings her also. Went to packy once in full armor pretty set there LOL. This past Saturday neighborhood friends on the deck 5-7pm for drinks plenty of distance as one works for UPS and still working. But very safe, needed laughs with others. Yesterday Easter outside with son at his new house did all his spring cleanup no one got close at all but did separate chores and got his landscaping in order then brought him back Easter dinner but dropped it off again not close. His GF who lives with him still works and went to parents for Easter, not thrilled at all with that but who am I?

But mostly home, seems like I do a lot but hardly at all.

Reaction Score
Damn, you guys are making me feel irresponsible. I've been going out mostly every day, though not for a long time. Grocery store, cvs, the track or the park, some takeout, a few stops to the office to work in peace, gas station etc. I've been covering up since I was able to get a mask about a week and a half ago and am always alone.

Reaction Score
I'm in a hotspot. I'm not stepping foot outside today with this weather! But I'm taking the dog for walks a few times per day. I'm in the suburbs and everyone is pretty considerate about keeping their distance (both sides of the street, plus down the middle of the street since there are so few cars). Except yesterday when same jerk let his new puppy roam his yard. Not surprisingly, the puppy ran up to me and my dog and wouldn't leave. I had no choice but to let the guy get within a few feet of me. I was pissed, but I'm not too worried (3 second exposure, no cough/sneeze).

We've done curbside pickup from some local places. Call it in, pay on the phone, remotely open/close my trunk and they place the stuff in the back. Even did that with gas for the generator yesterday (left a $20 bill under the cans). We've been successful in getting instacart and Prime Now deliveries. We also get ButcherBox each month and get a produce delivery every week. So we haven't been inside a store for 3 weeks.

Reaction Score
My wife and I go for a walk around the neighborhood every day if the weather allows for it. We go grocery shopping once a week. I went to Walgreens on Friday morning to pick up a few things.

We might brave going to BJs for the first time since the quarantine started so we can buy some food in bulk to cut down on trips to the grocery store. My old man has been going to Costco during the quarantine and said if you go later in the day the place is absolutely empty. People come in early in the day to see if some items have been restocked but everyone has given up by the late afternoon. He said it's been the emptiest store (and thus safest, according to him) he's been to during the quarantine.

What's interesting to me is that people are starting to get a little more relaxed with the quarantine. My wife and I were on our deck yesterday afternoon and noticed my neighbors from across the street were hanging out with their two young kids in my next-door neighbor's backyard; about seven people close to each and other and clearly not social distancing. Jumping on a trampoline and standing around laughing and talking. Not ideal. My parents asked about coming over and hanging out on our deck if we all agree to social distance. The deck is plenty big so we won't be that close to each other but it's interesting that after four weeks they're finally open to things like that.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We go out once a week for groceries. I'm the designated shopper.

However, Friday we went to a local, family operated fruit stand we like. Grapefruits, navel oranges, peaches, frozen blueberry and apple pies, spices and rubs for cooking and a couple of ears of sweet corn. It was nice to get out. The Florida weather has been beautiful and it is the time to buy fresh farm fruit.

Wife went to BJ's this morning.

Reaction Score
Things changed last week in Lakes Region in New Hampshire. At the beginning of last week I had not even seen anybody wearing a mask, and at the end of the week there were masks on everybody, plexi glass at counters, tape marks on the floor, etc. I walk 3-4 miles in the area when it isn't raining or snowing (like last Fri). Ice out was just in the last week or so but there are a few boats on the lake, a couple jet skis, kayaks, and canoes. I will probably canoe on warm days with low wind. Honestly, the only change for myself from a normal winter is not being able to go to the health club 4-6x week. Friends of mine golfed at Blackledge in CT Sunday and said the course was full, others were on mountain trails up here, so some people are living life outdoors. Maybe 3-4 days a week we don't leave the house, 2x would be foul weather and 2x choice to stay in place.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am starting Week 5 of house arrest (working remotely).

For groceries, we have yet to go to a grocery store. We have had pretty good luck getting stuff delivered from Whole Foods thru Amazon Prime. Whole Foods is expensive but avoiding the supermarket has been worth it.

I went out for the first time on Friday to re-stock alcohol. I called ahead to order and was going to have them deliver but it seemed just as easy and safe to do a curbside pick up and I needed to start my car anyway which has been sitting unused for 4 weeks. I drove to the store opened my hatch and the guy dropped the stuff in the back and walked away - never coming within 10 feet of each other. It was a weird experience but it was efficient.

Besides the above I have been going out just about every day to walk my dog in the neighborhood and to run. I always cross the road if there are other people on the street to maintain 10-15 feet distance. The lack of commuting and great running weather has resulted in more time to do some pretty long mid week runs and even longer weekend runs. Add to that the additional time I have spent strength training just about every day in my basement out of boredom and I am probably in the best shape of my life.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just don't venture in to RI to play golf:

Played Saturday. Weather was beautiful. Everyone had to be in their own carts and no raking bunkers or pulling flags. Supposedly carts get sanitized after each use. I don't know. I wiped down my stuff before and afterwards

Been takin walks at night a few times a week.

Taking boat out on water this afternoon.

Read in the Courant this morning that multiple state parks in CT max'd out over the weekend as people were enjoying the good weather.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We go out once a week for groceries. I'm the designated shopper.

However, Friday we went to a local, family operated fruit stand we like. Grapefruits, navel oranges, peaches, frozen blueberry and apple pies, spices and rubs for cooking and a couple of ears of sweet corn. It was nice to get out. The Florida weather has been beautiful and it is the time to buy fresh farm fruit.

Wife went to BJ's this morning.

Mrs. Diesel went strawberry picking Friday and made a fantastic strawberry granola tart for breakfast yesterday morning.

Reaction Score
Played Saturday. Weather was beautiful. Everyone had to be in their own carts and no raking bunkers or pulling flags. Supposedly carts get sanitized after each use. I don't know. I wiped down my stuff before and afterwards

Read in the Courant this morning that multiple state parks in CT max'd out over the weekend as people were enjoying the good weather.

Sea is angry today probably safer to go to a large party with no protective gear than go out on the water

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

What type of boat? I’m saving for one.

Reaction Score
Relatively often. I work in the office 2 days a week, work from home 3 days. I do the groceries since I am already out. The harder question isn't when was the last time I went out but when was the last time I was with someone in person that a) doesn't live with me and b) I actually wanted to see (i.e. family; not a co-worker).

Been weeks since I have seen another human that I want to see that isn't my fiancee. In fact, my grandmother passed away last week (suspected coronavirus but not-confirmed case) and because of the restrictions we could not have a real funeral or wake and I was not allowed to attend what limited funeral we had because only a few people are allowed at the graves.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sea is angry today probably safer to go to a large party with no protective gear than go out on the water

Seas were up for me yesterday and last night. Storm system running up the east coast is gone. light chop today for inland bays and bayous.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I walk the dog around the block multiple times/day, as do my neighbors. We all give each other a wide berth with the expected passing pleasantries.

I went to the gas station yesterday. Got a half tank for my car and filled the generator/lawn mower containers (apropos of nothing, the lights just flickered). Fuel in East Hampton is $1.97/gallon. I used to get gas every 4 days or so, It took me three weeks to use that 1/2 tank.

I went to the grocery store on Saturday. Every time leave my car, I wipe my hands with a Clorox wipe, the steering wheel and door. I wipe the inside of nitrile gloves, wipe the outside when I put them on, wipe down the inside of the mask, and then wipe down my phone, as needed (grocery list is on an app). I also wipe the gas nozzle and the scanner. I use my phone to pay. When I get back into my car, I reverse the wipe down process.

I have little problem with pointing out that someone is going the wrong way down an aisle. I am also very cognizant of the 6 foot guidance.

Both my wife and I are considered essential, but with two kids under 7 years old, we both work from home as much and as best as we can. I've been to my office twice in three weeks, but never for very long. I did not go at all last week, but I will have to later this week. We only have 5 people in our office to begin with, so we could all be there and still not be in violation with the Governor's executive order, but there is absolutely no reason to chance it?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What type of boat? I’m saving for one.

Simple 24' Chaparral bowrider. Good for a day out on the waters. Not meant for open seas but very good for water skiing, tubing, wakeboarding and dropping anchor or nosing up on a beach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom