OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 56 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
Changes I am making in my portfolio, buying up biomedicals, like Abbott labs- 5 minute CV19 test and Pfizer who is working on the vaccine.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
4th straight drop in cases yesterday. Hard to attribute it to anything other than holiday/bad weather across most of the country shutting down drive through testing.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just imagine all the trees there that didn't fall there in the last month.

Do you know for sure that fewer trees fell just because no one heard them?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Gilead is saying this morning that two-thirds of the patients in their "remdesivir" trial improved with the drug. It had previous been used to treat Ebola. Very small sample size under 60 patients.
Emory University is conducting a study on remdesivir. It's a double blind study (the largest in the world for this drug) with results to be reported in about a week. The head of the study does not know who received a placebo and who received remdesivir but he stated that a number of patients have a reduction in the duration of infection. It's obvious he believes those patients are getting remdesivir even if he can't state it. If these people have antibodies against the virus then we have a treatment for at least some portion of the population.

There 50 companies with alleged cures all just waiting for millions from the US government to move forward and you expect a cheap generic drug to be accepted by the medical establishment That would be like killing the goose who lays golden eggs.
Brazil just discontinued a study on Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin after concluding there is no benefit to patients. Some people in the Emory hospital are refusing to partake in the trial insisting on the antimalarial modality of treatment. I'll wait for the studies conducted by WHO and the CDC to determine if the antimalarial treatment is effective or not. Humanity is desperate for something but these medicines are not absolutely safe. If they are indeed ineffective we could be killing an equal percentage of people with indiscriminate usage of the antimalarial medications as the Coronid-19 virus.

In the best of times there are problems with medications and not all of those problems were the result of graft. Under current conditions we can expect hysteria to increase the chances of problems. That certainly doesn't mean that everyone pursuing a treatment is corrupt. There is validity behind the majority of the scientific communities reluctance to give the green light to any of these proposed solutions without at least some study. The compromise is the choice to allow promising studies to fast track without further studies to determine if the treatment is worse than the disease.

Reaction Score
Changes I am making in my portfolio, buying up biomedicals, like Abbott labs- 5 minute CV19 test and Pfizer who is working on the vaccine.
Look into Gilead. Right now remdesivir is compassionate use but if it’s approved and this is long-term, this could be a good buy.

Reaction Score
Two of my daughters had their birthdays during this craziness already and I was in the same boat. I usually spend a lot of time searching for the perfect card, so this year I decided to take that time to write each of them a heartfelt message instead, which included my memory of the day each of them was born and my take on what makes each of them special. It was therapeutic for me, and each of them really seemed to appreciate it--or at least I took the tears as a good sign!

It was the 21st birthday for one of them and she was bummed not to be celebrating with her friends at school as planned. We made a party of it though and surprised her by turning our kitchen and common room into a makeshift nightclub and bar, complete with strobe lights, shots, thump-thump music...and a massive hangover.

In any event, happy birthday to him. Mine is on Tuesday and I still remember the one year it fell on Easter, when I was eight or nine years old. My favorite aunt got me an enormous chocolate bar that was made in the image of The Last Supper. To this day I remember it as one of the coolest gifts I ever got. I ate that thing for more than a week, breaking off a different apostle each day, and saving Jesus for last, of course.

Happy Birthday 88 hope you have a great day, considering the current events.

Reaction Score
Look into Gilead. Right now remdesivir is compassionate use but if it’s approved and this is long-term, this could be a good buy.
I've held Gilead for over a month, it hasn't done anything.

Reaction Score
Unlike the rest of the economy??
Are you being intentionally obtuse?

You asked why the hospitals are asking for the feds to help with supplies. Their revenues have been drastically slashed, they are the very definition of essential services, and they have to make payroll, procure supplies, and continue to operate.

Are you living in an alternate reality where only the hospitals have asked the Federal and/or State government for help?

Reaction Score
How long will our food supply (meats/vegetables) last without higher prices or even worse, shortages?

I know short term we're ok, but this could become a big issue.

I'm considering buying a freezer, and my wife is actually frightened. Hell she is even buying spam and other canned meat now. I wished she would stay away from the TV (i.e. news).

Reaction Score
How long will our food supply (meats/vegetables) last without higher prices or even worse, shortages?

I know short term we're ok, but this could become a big issue.

I'm considering buying a freezer, and my wife is actually frightened. Hell she is even buying spam and other canned meat now. I wished she would stay away from the TV (i.e. news).

Check out the garden thread. Some good advice.

Reaction Score
It's not misleading at all. It is simply matching apples to apples for the purpose of drawing a comparison and everything is labeled. The conversation was about whether the non-corona death rate had risen. It hasn't.

The March numbers are the March numbers. You are trying to make something political that is not political at all. In fact, I can not tell what you are trying to say at all.

Do you have a point?

Reaction Score
The old folks in the USA aren't the ones threatened as once thought. This is sobering info.

EVliZF0WAAYAAom

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
More and more outlets (including the Today Show) have picked up on the meat shortage news. Even if there’s no meat shortage there will be
They are going to start another (probably needless) run. The news needs ratings and the worst case scenario draws more eyeballs than likely scenarios. Discriminating people understand what is news and what is for effect but also need to keep an eye on the Chicken Littles' reactions.

Reaction Score
They are going to start another (probably needless) run. The news needs ratings and the worst case scenario draws more eyeballs than likely scenarios. Discriminating people understand what is news and what is for effect but also need to keep an eye on the Chicken Littles' reactions.
Yeah I posted the news story above because my wife is one of those people (chicken littles). The Her word of mouth is equally effective as Twitter. That's how this stuff spreads with uniformed statements, no facts and no research.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom