OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 62 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Got “socially distanced” married today at Elizabeth Park. Most people watched on Facebook live because Zoom didn’t work correctly. We still have a prepaid wedding in Charleston for next April that will sort of serve as our one year vow renewal/ wedding. I really just didn’t want to wait another year.
Strange strange times. Congrats man!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
-37 hospitalizations in CT today and a big dip in new cases.

Lamont’s reopen plan calls for 14 straight days with a reduction in cases and hospitalizations. Sounds good in theory but it could be a looooooooOooOng time until we see 14 straight days with fewer new cases. For example, today they report 412 at 5:00. Yesterday it was 700something. Even if it goes “up” to 500 or so tomorrow you’re still looking at a downward slope.

I’ve always been a “stat head” so with sports out I obsess over these numbers.

Reaction Score

Lamont’s reopen plan calls for 14 straight days with a reduction in cases and hospitalizations. Sounds good in theory but it could be a looooooooOooOng time until we see 14 straight days with fewer new cases. For example, today they report 412 at 5:00. Yesterday it was 700something. Even if it goes “up” to 500 or so tomorrow you’re still looking at a downward slope.

Big dip in documented new cases in Massachusetts also. But I think that has more to do with it being Sunday and there were less tests than average. Same with last Sunday (although that was Easter also).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Big dip in documented new cases in Massachusetts also. But I think that has more to do with it being Sunday and there were less tests than average. Same with last Sunday (although that was Easter also).
In my experience everyone was on rails to trails in Vernon today not getting tested.

Reaction Score
Drove all over Chicagoland today, nice day. Not many people walking downtown but a lot of people walking in groups and bike riding all over Evanston and the North Shore towns. Would guesstimate 20% were wearing masks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Interesting non-scientific results in Chelsea, Mass. They pricked fingers on 200 volunteers who hadn't had the corona. 64 of them, 32% had the corona antibodies. Testing in that town had shown a 2% corona positive rate. California had a similar type "experiment" around the Bay area showing people with antibodies about 50 times the reported numbers.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Got “socially distanced” married today at Elizabeth Park. Most people watched on Facebook live because Zoom didn’t work correctly. We still have a prepaid wedding in Charleston for next April that will sort of serve as our one year vow renewal/ wedding. I really just didn’t want to wait another year.

Aw.....hey, congratulations!

The best of luck to you!

Reaction Score
Getting married during the pandemic is called 'Quaranteaming". Much better that way.

Weddings are generally ceremonial and pomp, in your case its so meaningful and quite special. I'm sure in spite of the ceremony, your friends will find a way to 'gift' you. Those envelopes are a nice bonus.

Congrats and smart decision. You guys will have a story to tell and pass on for generations.

Reaction Score

If he uses the federal reopening guidelines, it's not 14 consecutive days of lower cases, it is "downward trajectory" for 14 days. Big difference. What EXACTLY did Lamont say?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If he uses the federal reopening guidelines, it's not 14 consecutive days of lower cases, it is "downward trajectory" for 14 days. Big difference. What EXACTLY did Lamont say?
E749FBE6-75AD-410D-AC34-07DA467B4C23.png

Reaction Score
I was on a walk yesterday in Elizabeth Park and saw a small group celebrating. Blue Suit?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congrats! Totally get it, when you meet the right person, you don't want to wait.

Reaction Score

correct..it's the slope that matters...but doubtful that makes sense to a politician. you could have numbers like 412, 300, 250,195, 205, 185

FL had a bump up the other day after an ongoing drops, but still below the peak..turns out that day we did 50% more tests than any other day, so higher + number

Reaction Score
My mom just called me ( she still lives in CT ) and her friends father just passed away at home. He died of a heart attack but his wife was surprised to find that his death certificate read that he died of coronovirus. My mother mentioned that the state gets federal dollars for every coronovirus death to help supplement the mortuary costs associated with handling bodies that MAY have the coronovirus. Any idea if this is true?
Don't know about the $$ part...but just spoke with a neighbor. He has a good friend that owns a funeral home so he understands how this works...the funeral home owner's father passed away at 93...He was Covid + but he had a heart attack....his 3rd in 5 years...death cert said Covid...nothing about Heart Attack....

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Jumped waaaaayyyyyy up with 1835 new cases today but that also includes catching up on cases since back to the 16th

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Anyone know what happened on the 14th? I understand that the reporting is lumpy, but ???
Capture.PNG

Reaction Score
Anyone know what happened on the 14th? I understand that the reporting is lumpy, but ???
View attachment 53362
On the 14th, New York added about 3-4 thousands deaths that had occurred in private homes around the state. Many had died in the previous week or more. The state decided that there was reason to add them to the coronavirus death total. The day that added them was the 14th.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
On the 14th, New York added about 3-4 thousands deaths that had occurred in private homes around the state. Many had died in the previous week or more. The state decided that there was reason to add them to the coronavirus death total. The day that added them was the 14th.
Wow, thanks. It's rare to ask a single question about any of this and get a neutral, succinct answer.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow being Tuesday will be a big day to know whether the dip in that chart is for real. The weekend effect for these reports is real.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom