OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 61 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
I am curious how long people believe we will remain in self-quarantine? How long can we,
Explain Louisiana.

If I could explain any of this I would. There are few answers at this point. That Thailand, Cambodia and India are all close to the original impact zone, were slower to respond with restrictions and distancing, and have fared much better is definitely interesting.

Reaction Score
I am curious how long people believe we will remain in self-quarantine? How long can we,
If I could explain any of this I would. There are few answers at this point. That Thailand, Cambodia and India are all close to the original impact zone, were slower to respond with restrictions and distancing, and have fared much better is definitely interesting.

No one knows the real numbers. Every country counts differently. We attribute almost everything we can to the virus. India reports it has 0.4 deaths per million. China with their completely fakes numbers has a rate of 3 per million, over six times as high as India. Both these numbrers are so out of whack compared to the rest of the world, they have to be untrue.

Reaction Score
No one knows the real numbers. Every country counts differently. We attribute almost everything we can to the virus. India reports it has 0.4 deaths per million. China with their completely fakes numbers has a rate of 3 per million, over six times as high as India. Both these numbrers are so out of whack compared to the rest of the world, they have to be untrue.

My mom just called me ( she still lives in CT ) and her friends father just passed away at home. He died of a heart attack but his wife was surprised to find that his death certificate read that he died of coronovirus. My mother mentioned that the state gets federal dollars for every coronovirus death to help supplement the mortuary costs associated with handling bodies that MAY have the coronovirus. Any idea if this is true?

Reaction Score
My mom just called me ( she still lives in CT ) and her friends father just passed away at home. He died of a heart attack but his wife was surprised to find that his death certificate read that he died of coronovirus. My mother mentioned that the state gets federal dollars for every coronovirus death to help supplement the mortuary costs associated with handling bodies that MAY have the coronovirus. Any idea if this is true?
I hope that's not true. If it is then the deaths associated with COVID-19 that every state is reporting is exaggerated.

Reaction Score
I went into the city yesterday because I had to do something in my office. Was super eerie to see midtown Manhattan like that - hasn't been like that since right after 9/11.

Reaction Score
A THIRD of participants in Massachusetts study test positive for antibodies linked to COVID-19 after giving their blood samples in the street at random

Nearly one third of 200 Massachusetts residents were infected with antibodies linked to the novel coronavirus, according to a pilot study.

Physicians at the Massachusetts General Hospital said they found evidence of widespread COVID-19 exposure in the city of Chelsea.

Chelsea, located just north of Boston, had the state's rate of coronavirus infections at 1,900 cases per 100,000 residents.

Researchers collected drops of blood from residents in Bellingham Square on Tuesday and Wednesday after advertising the study.

Of the 200 voluntary participants, 64 had antibodies created by their immune systems to fight the coronavirus.

Although researchers noted that the participants appeared healthy, around half told doctors they experienced at least one COVID-19 symptom in the past four weeks.

Additionally, researchers determined that 32 percent of participants have already had COVID-19 and several had no idea.

Residents who previously tested positive for COVID-19 were excluded from the study and identities remained anonymous.

Physicians used a diagnostic device to analyze blood droplets and said results were available in around 10 minutes.

The device is not FDA approved, but researchers said that Massachusetts General Hospital deemed it reliable.

Dr. John Iafrate, the study's chief investigator and vice chairman of MGH's pathology department, explained that the findings were partially good news.

'I think it's both good news and bad news,' he said.

'The bad news is that there's a raging epidemic in Chelsea, and many people walking on the street don't know that they're carrying the virus and that they may be exposing uninfected individuals in their families.

'On the good-news side, it suggests that Chelsea has made its way through a good part of the epidemic. They're probably further along than other towns.'

Reaction Score

I really hope this is not true but it wouldn't shock me.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

No idea, but I doubt the money is worth falsifying records.

This may shed some light:A Heart Attack? No, It Was the Coronavirus.

Reaction Score
You got a link because that would be completely different from what Mark Cuban said just 2 days ago.
Was an interview on TV. Said there are 1000 things that would have to be considered before he would put anyone at risk. Called for yet another national task force. Talked about wearing masks, mask disposal, how difficult it would be to even let immediate family attend the games. Wish I taped it.

Reaction Score
Was an interview on TV. Said there are 1000 things that would have to be considered before he would put anyone at risk. Called for yet another national task force. Talked about wearing masks, mask disposal, how difficult it would be to even let immediate family attend the games. Wish I taped it.
Let me help...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can tell you that even walking with the fabric masks fogs up my glasses instantly. Those quite severely restrict your air intake. You can probably pull it off if you leave your nose exposed, but I don't think you can realistically run covering both.

You cannot run in a mask.

And if you can run in a mask, you’re slow and you are actually walking.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Back on topic, I am using this down time to learn guitar. Bought an old Epiphone acoustic on the internet, waiting on new strings and will be practicing with you tube channels. Although once it arrived I'm afraid the frets may need to be dressed or even replaced, as someone played the heck out of this thing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You cannot run in a mask.

And if you can run in a mask, you’re slow and you are actually walking.
... with running-like motions.

Reaction Score
Department stores are becoming casualties, especially brick and mortar ones. I know I won't need new clothes now for another year or more. Even with the economy resuming, clothes will be way down on my list of purchases, down there with those expensive electronics.
Neiman Marcus to file for bankruptcy

Reaction Score
Back on topic, I am using this down time to learn guitar. Bought an old Epiphone acoustic on the internet, waiting on new strings and will be practicing with you tube channels. Although once it arrived I'm afraid the frets may need to be dressed or even replaced, as someone played the heck out of this thing.
That's great! As a music hobbyist for the last 20 years, I'm proud of your hard work and new endeavor!

On a music-related note, I've finally learned how to use GarageBand after purchasing an interface and a snowball mic last summer. Also, I've been using Zoom one-a-week to meet up with two of my old band mates and our sound guy meet on to collaborate/write music/hang/have a drink. Pretty cool since the four of us span the NYC area, California and the Philippines. Sucks being the first to bow out with being on the Eastern Time Zone!

Reaction Score
Got “socially distanced” married today at Elizabeth Park. Most people watched on Facebook live because Zoom didn’t work correctly. We still have a prepaid wedding in Charleston for next April that will sort of serve as our one year vow renewal/ wedding. I really just didn’t want to wait another year.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Got “socially distanced” married today at Elizabeth Park. Most people watched on Facebook live because Zoom didn’t work correctly. We still have a prepaid wedding in Charleston for next April that will sort of serve as our one year vow renewal/ wedding. I really just didn’t want to wait another year.
Congrats! I went for a walk today in Hartford and it was beautiful. What a day.

Reaction Score
Congrats! Sucks that it had to be this way but it'll definitely be a memory

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Congatulations @bfs3 . Good luck on the distancing sex!

I keed. I keed!

kinda

Reaction Score
Congrats

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom