OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 60 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20200416-222245_Chrome.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So back on topic. I have added something new this week. Have not been out to walk as often as I like (cold, rain) and don't have a sit-stand desk here at home. So I have turned to Man Flow Yoga. Wife got me Yoga blocks today at Target.

These guys do a good job of adjusting the poses for me. There is stretching but in a way that fits male anatomy. Also a greater emphasis on strength work. Three days in and my back already feels better. Just doing the basics.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Had avoided the store by having HomeChef dinners delivered. Got the email today that they are having to miss this coming week because of production issues. May have to mask up and head out this weekend.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Had avoided the store by having HomeChef dinners delivered. Got the email today that they are having to miss this coming week because of production issues. May have to mask up and head out this weekend.
If you want an alternative, Hello Fresh is excellent.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you want an alternative, Hello Fresh is excellent.
We’ve used them too. Those meals are cumbersome . Make my own ketchup and crap. HomeChef is much easier. I guess it doesn’t matter much now that we have nowhere to go.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So back on topic. I have added something new this week. Have not been out to walk as often as I like (cold, rain) and don't have a sit-stand desk here at home. So I have turned to Man Flow Yoga. Wife got me Yoga blocks today at Target.

These guys do a good job of adjusting the poses for me. There is stretching but in a way that fits male anatomy. Also a greater emphasis on strength work. Three days in and my back already feels better. Just doing the basics.

Funny. I tried a beginner yoga DVD that a co-worker gave me a couple years ago. I started out fine and then within five minutes it felt like a game of speed Twister and I was sure I was going to hurt myself, so I stopped. Maybe I will check this out.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

I’ve been doing P90X. The yoga and pilate days are the hardest.

Husky25

Reaction Score
We’ve used them too. Those meals are cumbersome . Make my own ketchup and crap. HomeChef is much easier. I guess it doesn’t matter much now that we have nowhere to go.
They used to offer Jamie Oliver meals. Those were long and annoying recipes, but I've never made my own ketchup. They send little 2oz. glass jars, which is annoying. We stick with the basic six step meals.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They used to offer Jamie Oliver meals. Those were long and annoying recipes, but I've never made my own ketchup. They send little 2oz. glass jars, which is annoying. We stick with the basic six step meals.
I may have exaggerated. I feel like I had to make a sauce every meal. Chop tons of veggies and spend as much time cleaning as cooking. HomeChef is prechopped for the most and either grill ready or oven ready complete with baking tin

Husky25

Reaction Score
I may have exaggerated. I feel like I had to make a sauce every meal. Chop tons of veggies and spend as much time cleaning as cleaning as cooking. HomeChef is prechopped for the most and either grill ready or oven ready complete with baking tin
Understood.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Funny. I tried a beginner yoga DVD that a co-worker gave me a couple years ago. I started out fine and then within five minutes it felt like a game of speed Twister and I was sure I was going to hurt myself, so I stopped. Maybe I will check this out.

Yeah, that's what happened to me. This guy gets it. Some things have been hard because I'm just inflexible and out of shape, but never undoable.

Reaction Score
Posted this in the Cesspool but here’s the Strip completely abandoned (I was there on Tuesday)

E0A18109-1116-4985-8939-A6F1403AD2F8.jpeg

Reaction Score
Store shopping ain't as bad or unsafe as it was weeks ago. If you go early or off hours, 'suit up' and be vigilant and careful you should be fine. Some have directional aisles and marked check out lines (safe distancing). I try and minimize using my cellphone in public places.

The part that is cumbersome is when you get home, having to wipe down bags/boxes, washing hands thoroughly and just making sure you are clean. My wife has us remove shoes because she 'heard' you can bring the virus in from contaminated floors. I think she is the only one in this world who heard that, but she's my cellmate and I'm carefully picking my battles.

Oh and keeping hand sanitizer in your car is critical, especially when removing your gloves. You may have to drive around some if you see a crowd. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that. My sister and mom had the same issue but once it starts coming, it's a lot of fun.

Luckily, my wife and I have used Sunbasket for a few years and recently ramped up 3 meals/week to 5 meals/week. All of these meal prep companies are a lot of fun, if you enjoy cooking.

Another company we've joined since the pandemic is Misfits Market. It sourced "different" looking organic produce and delivers it for about 40% less than store cost. That takes care of our produce for the week.

Staples for toiletries, Thrive Market for pantry stuff and an occasional Instacart delivery and there's no need to go to the supermarket anytime soon, even though it's an errand I actually really enjoy.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that. My sister and mom had the same issue but once it starts coming, it's a lot of fun.

Luckily, my wife and I have used Sunbasket for a few years and recently ramped up 3 meals/week to 5 meals/week. All of these meal prep companies are a lot of fun, if you enjoy cooking.

Another company we've joined since the pandemic is Misfits Market. It sourced "different" looking organic produce and delivers it for about 40% less than store cost. That takes care of our produce for the week.

Staples for toiletries, Thrive Market for pantry stuff and an occasional Instacart delivery and there's no need to go to the supermarket anytime soon, even though it's an errand I actually really enjoy.
We’ve done Sunbasket too. We may look to restart if HomeChef is more than a week thing. I’m not sure if any of these companies can keep up with the DUN DUN DUNNNN MEAT SHORTAGEEEEEE though. With the baby we’ve been avoiding the supermarket like, well, the plague. It’s probably a safe place now as others have said with all the new regulations and people taking it seriously. Had been doing pea pod for months but you can’t find a slot and same thing for instacart.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was talking to my wife about this last night. Could it be that the virus needs healthy cells to survive? If you’re a smoker are your lungs not a hospitable place for the virus? Does it get trapped in the damaged tissue and die? Doesn’t explain why other pre-existing pulmonary issues put you at a greater risk. Does the smoke itself kill the virus?

Reaction Score
So no meat means I have to become a vegan I dont think thats happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom