OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 64 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think that is right. Daily hospitalizations would be a good number to track. Here's New York and it tells a story.

View attachment 53444
The negative bars below the baseline are compared to a baseline or the highest number? For example -734 hospitalizations are compared to what number?

Reaction Score
The negative bars below the baseline are compared to a baseline or the highest number? For example -734 hospitalizations are compared to what number?

I think the line is pre-covid average. Something like that.

Reaction Score
With the assistance of ESPN, Gov. Ned Lamont has new in-home studio for live broadcasts

For years, ESPN has set its analysts and commentators up with in-home equipment to broadcast live from the comfort of their own homes. The quality of the videos has often made it seem as though the reporters were debating or dissecting sports from inside the studios in Bristol, and not from living rooms scattered across the country.

Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, ESPN has set up more than 40 in-home studios for much of its on-air talent since the stay-in-home order began, from Dan Orlovsky and Jeremy Schaap, to Hannah Storm and Mike Greenberg.

And now, Gov. Ned Lamont.

“[Communications director for the governor] Max [Reiss] is a big sports fan,” said ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys. "And he’d seen over the years how [NFL reporter] Adam Schefter has looked like he’s been sitting in the studio in Bristol but he’s actually in his home. The quality of it is so good that people think that.

“They reached out, and our people embraced it."

ESPN installed a temporary studio at the governor’s residence in Hartford, which Lamont has since used to appear on both local and national broadcasts. Lamont has received a growing amount of interview requests in recent weeks, and the temporary studio, on loan from ESPN, is equipped to handle that.

The studio, which Lamont is able to operate himself, also reduces the need for external cameras and reporters, limiting potential exposure to the coronavirus.

“It gives a better audio and visual look, but also the physical setup of it now, he’s able to see the group that he’s talking to and the pre-tape they’re showing him,” said Soltys. “It’s a better circumstance. It just gave a chance to better communicate to the state of Connecticut and nationwide, and it puts the governor at less risk.”

The equipment is on loan from from ESPN and to Soltys’ knowledge, this is the first time ESPN has lent this type of equipment out to a non-sports figure.

All broadcasts from Lamont are patched through ESPN’s studio, and then transmitted to whichever station he is on with. Lamont has since appeared on CNN, MSNBC, WTNH and WSFB.

Soltys tuned in to watch Lamont’s appearance on MSNBC on Tuesday night. Lamont’s video and audio were as clear as the host’s.

“All right, that’s a win,” Soltys said.

Soltys said ESPN would be open to assisting the state in any way it could. At Lamont’s request, anchor Scott Van Pelt recorded a stay-at-home public service address, which will air later this week.

“With it being such a moment in life, to have a request from our state’s governor looking for assistance, for a way that ESPN could help,” Soltys said. "We’ve seen other companies, whether it’s CVS or hospitals or banks or what have you that are finding ways to step in, this was a way that ESPN could provide a contribution with our expertise.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've read and heard media, as well as been told by a source I trust that net hospitalizations is the key stat. Positives:tests has been 1:3, so the 2k new cases is not necessarily a surprise. Studies have indicated that testing needs to triple before restrictions begin to ease. CT did that today. +23 net hospitalizations is a good sign.

Yep. It is all about hospitalizations. It lags transmissions, but not as far as death. Positive cases is all but irrelevant because those with mild symptoms are told to stay home and not get tested, let alone the many asymptomatic people.

Reaction Score
With the assistance of ESPN, Gov. Ned Lamont has new in-home studio for live broadcasts

For years, ESPN has set its analysts and commentators up with in-home equipment to broadcast live from the comfort of their own homes. The quality of the videos has often made it seem as though the reporters were debating or dissecting sports from inside the studios in Bristol, and not from living rooms scattered across the country.

Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, ESPN has set up more than 40 in-home studios for much of its on-air talent since the stay-in-home order began, from Dan Orlovsky and Jeremy Schaap, to Hannah Storm and Mike Greenberg.

And now, Gov. Ned Lamont.

“[Communications director for the governor] Max [Reiss] is a big sports fan,” said ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys. "And he’d seen over the years how [NFL reporter] Adam Schefter has looked like he’s been sitting in the studio in Bristol but he’s actually in his home. The quality of it is so good that people think that.

“They reached out, and our people embraced it."

ESPN installed a temporary studio at the governor’s residence in Hartford, which Lamont has since used to appear on both local and national broadcasts. Lamont has received a growing amount of interview requests in recent weeks, and the temporary studio, on loan from ESPN, is equipped to handle that.

The studio, which Lamont is able to operate himself, also reduces the need for external cameras and reporters, limiting potential exposure to the coronavirus.

“It gives a better audio and visual look, but also the physical setup of it now, he’s able to see the group that he’s talking to and the pre-tape they’re showing him,” said Soltys. “It’s a better circumstance. It just gave a chance to better communicate to the state of Connecticut and nationwide, and it puts the governor at less risk.”

The equipment is on loan from from ESPN and to Soltys’ knowledge, this is the first time ESPN has lent this type of equipment out to a non-sports figure.

All broadcasts from Lamont are patched through ESPN’s studio, and then transmitted to whichever station he is on with. Lamont has since appeared on CNN, MSNBC, WTNH and WSFB.

Soltys tuned in to watch Lamont’s appearance on MSNBC on Tuesday night. Lamont’s video and audio were as clear as the host’s.

“All right, that’s a win,” Soltys said.

Soltys said ESPN would be open to assisting the state in any way it could. At Lamont’s request, anchor Scott Van Pelt recorded a stay-at-home public service address, which will air later this week.

“With it being such a moment in life, to have a request from our state’s governor looking for assistance, for a way that ESPN could help,” Soltys said. "We’ve seen other companies, whether it’s CVS or hospitals or banks or what have you that are finding ways to step in, this was a way that ESPN could provide a contribution with our expertise.
Maybe they could assist the state by helping UConn into a better conference like the B10 or ACC. They have actually hurt the state university all through conference re-alignment. But they built a studio for Lamont. Big whoop. Stop screwing UConn. That would be a meaningful contribution.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Maybe they could assist the state by helping UConn into a better conference like the B10 or ACC.
Are we trying to get out of the Big East already?

Reaction Score
It could also mean we are getting more experienced in managing our safe practices (e.g. masks, gloves, distancing). If its maskless/gloveless congregating then its cause for alarm. But if its shoppers, walkers and strollers wearing PPE then it could just mean proper adjustments are being made.

In my community, I see more dog walkers, whole families out for a stroll (new experience!), women walking with babies, etc. now than I did weeks ago. No standing conversations though. They all have some sort of PPE. Just saying foot traffic is up.

Oh and the neighbors yards are looking much more manicured. :)

I think though the tell is road traffic. If the traffic maps (the rush hour ones) show increased activity that would mean something totally different in that people are traveling more as opposed to going outside.
He was actually referring to highway traffic. He estimates traffic has doubled in the last two weeks. With the increase in traffic he has been busier with accidents. He said 2 weeks ago most of his time was sitting on the side of the highway looking for extreme speeders.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are we trying to get out of the Big East already?
Uh, yeah. Not that I think it will happen.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Funniest thing I have seen in a while...

Reaction Score
No one here has been positive since 2014.
On a more serious note, I was tested to have covid and the result came out positive 3 weeks ago. It was a harrowing experience to say the least. It plays with your head especially since I've had no symptoms during this time. I was tested again and thankfully turned out to be negative but this experience is something I don't wish for on anyone. Who knows? Maybe my first test was a positive and the 2nd test was a false negative? It's been 2 weeks since my negative test. I will only be able to tell once we get a good antibody test going.

All I see here is numbers and people wanting to go out and open up the economy . It was rather difficult to see people pointing to the fact that we're all being reduced to being just a number - a statistic. We all have lives here and each one matters. Stay home and stay safe please.

Golf courses are starting to open up for the places that were closed. Seems like a low risk activity as long as you are walking and playing alone. Would it be irresponsible for me to go out and play a round without telling people I was tested positive? How can we be sure that the others around me that aren't asymptomatic carriers like myself.

Sorry for the ramble but my head hasn't been right for the past weeks or so.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
On a more serious note, I was tested to have covid and the result came out positive 3 weeks ago. It was a harrowing experience to say the least. It plays with your head especially since I've had no symptoms during this time. I was tested again and thankfully turned out to be negative but this experience is something I don't wish for on anyone. Who knows? Maybe my first test was a positive and the 2nd test was a false negative? It's been 2 weeks since my negative test. I will only be able to tell once we get a good antibody test going.

All I see here is numbers and people wanting to go out and open up the economy . It was rather difficult to see people pointing to the fact that we're all being reduced to being just a number - a statistic. We all have lives here and each one matters. Stay home and stay safe please.

Golf courses are starting to open up for the places that were closed. Seems like a low risk activity as long as you are walking and playing alone. Would it be irresponsible for me to go out and play a round without telling people I was tested positive? How can we be sure that the others around me that aren't asymptomatic carriers like myself.

Glad to hear you’re doing better. How was the process to get tested? Especially without symptoms?

Reaction Score

How did u mange to get tested if asymptotic? I would think u would be glad u cleared without any symptoms. No u can go about your business. My guess is if u donate plasma they will do the antibody test but I don’t know

Reaction Score
Got “socially distanced” married today at Elizabeth Park. Most people watched on Facebook live because Zoom didn’t work correctly. We still have a prepaid wedding in Charleston for next April that will sort of serve as our one year vow renewal/ wedding. I really just didn’t want to wait another year.

Congrats to you and your better half. Well done and best wishes!

Reaction Score
We live in DC (the locale that the story was written about). We have had frozen french fries delivered a number of times by the Safeway delivery service. Absolutely no problem.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
With the shortages on frozen foods I feel like people will need to go to the store more often which isn’t a good thing.

Reaction Score
UPDATE: Pandemic Drones Nixed in Westport

Shortly after announcing a pandemic drone program to enforce social distancing, Westport Police scrapped the plan to use drones. The walk-back followed condemnation by the ACLU, who said the plan was example of “privacy-invading companies who are taking advantage of COVID-19 to market their products in the future.

On Facebook Wednesday night Westport Police Chief Foti Koskinas wrote, “after careful consideration and in collaboration with First Selectman Jim Marpe, the Westport Police Department has chosen not to participate in the Draganfly drone ‘Flatten the Curve Pilot Program.’”

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
-70 net hospitalizations in CT today which is great! New cases continue to be up and down. I’ve all but given up on doing anything in the next 2 months but there is some light peaking through the tunnel

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
-70 net hospitalizations in CT today which is great! New cases continue to be up and down. I’ve all but given up on doing anything in the next 2 months but there is some light peaking through the tunnel
still hopeful we hit meet or beat the May 20 timeline.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
still hopeful we hit meet or beat the May 20 timeline.
So I heard today that there are was never any plan to open anything on or by May 20. That is the day the team will meet to discuss reopening.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So I heard today that there are was never any plan to open anything on or by May 20. That is the day the team will meet to discuss reopening.

That very well may be, but the three states CT shares a boarder have already extended distance learning until next academic year. I'm too much of a realist to think CT won't follow suit, but I am hopeful for summer programs. Be that as it may, I've already discussed my Work from Home arrangement with my supervisor.

-70 net hospitalizations today. That makes 4 days of negatives in the last week.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That very well may be, but the three states CT shares a boarder have already extended distance learning until next academic year. I'm too much of a realist to think CT won't follow suit, but I am hopeful for summer programs. Be that as it may, I've already discussed my Work from Home arrangement with my supervisor.

-70 net hospitalizations today. That makes 4 days of negatives in the last week.
I’m a teacher and in a grad program at UConn between teaching and class and doing online readings I spend an ungodly amount of time on a screen. Not to mention watching tv to unwind. I’m hoping my summer courses are in person and we start the year in classrooms. No chance we go back this year though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom