OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 66 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
This helps make things as clear as mud. Illinois Dept of Mental Health.

Reaction Score
All UConn summer courses will be held online this year and university President Tom Katsouleas has asked faculty to prepare to teach the fall semester online. A final decision has not been made, however, and university officials will consider public health guidance before making a final ruling on the fall semester before June 30, Katsouleas said.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Went to the local garden store today. Not as many as a normal beautiful Spring Saturday, but there were a lot of cars on the road. Didn't want to spend a lot of time inside, most everyone was wearing at least a mask. Came home and smoked a chicken and did yard work. Seemed a lot closer to normal than it has in quite some time.

Reaction Score
All UConn summer courses will be held online this year and university President Tom Katsouleas has asked faculty to prepare to teach the fall semester online. A final decision has not been made, however, and university officials will consider public health guidance before making a final ruling on the fall semester before June 30, Katsouleas said.
More info here from last night: UConn President: Fall sports likely to be cancelled

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At 11:00 this morning Mrs. 8893 texted me from work about a Facebook posting someone sent her about a three year old springer spaniel who needed a new forever home. We have an 11 year springer and have had a couple different rescue dogs during the time we’ve had her and each has since passed so we’ve been talking about getting another companion for her for a while and this seemed like a good opportunity. By 5:00 she was at home with us. Her name is Maya.

1C50EE1F-B31C-4665-B162-DD9173E4417E.jpeg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
At 11:00 this morning Mrs. 8893 texted me from work about a Facebook posting someone sent her about a three year old springer spaniel who needed a new forever home. We have an 11 year springer and have had a couple different rescue dogs during the time we’ve had her and each has since passed so we’ve been talking about getting another companion for her for a while and this seemed like a good opportunity. By 5:00 she was at home with us. Her name is Maya.

View attachment 53552

Growing up, we always had springer spaniels....they are sweet hearts.

But jesus, they never stop moving.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
recoveries are insanely underreported.

In the beginning, they tested coming and going.

Now, they test to get a positive, but they're not concerned with testing again to determine recovery - that part is not as important.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Our eleven-year old is still a great runner outdoors and especially on a trail, but she has mellowed indoors. That’s the one thing I’ve noticed so far that I had forgotten about the difference with a three-year old. She is a sweetheart just like our eleven-year old, but she’s a ball of energy. She already dropped a deuce on the floor in her first five minutes in the house that would have sent your wife to the hospital (or you after she hit you) but we’re writing that off to nerves because they assured us that wasn’t an issue and stand ready to take her back if there are any problems.

She hasn‘t been spayed yet, so we’ll have to take care of that. But otherwise she reminds me a lot of what ours was like at that age. She seems to love me so she knows the rules here.

52CFC86F-BAE5-4688-89D9-A1E590D83C52.jpeg

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

My first job out of UConn moved me to South Jersey. I met a girl a few months later and after dating for 6 months we went to a pet store in PA to buy fish for my new fish tank. While at the store she fell in love with an 8 week old, female, Springer Spaniel puppy. Me being an idiot with a few jingles in his pocket bought the puppy on the spot thinking the girl and I would be together forever. Within 2 weeks she was bitching that the puppy, who she named Darby, was constantly getting into her clothes when she visited. My response was "Get used to it, Darby lives here and you're just visiting". She was was gone that next Monday.

And Darby and I spent 17 glorious years together.

When Darby was 4yo I rescued a male, red doberman puppy about 8 months old. He was like a giraffe at that age and the first time they met he wanted to play and Darby took a nice chunk out of his nose. They were best friends for the next 12 years but Darby was the boss from day one. RIP old girl.

1587856636515.png

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My first job out of UConn moved me to South Jersey. I met a girl a few months later and after dating for 6 months we went to a pet store in PA to buy fish for my new fish tank. While at the store she fell in love with an 8 week old, female, Springer Spaniel puppy. Me being an idiot with a few jingles in his pocket bought the puppy on the spot thinking the girl and I would be together forever. Within 2 weeks she was bitching that the puppy, who she named Darby, was constantly getting into her clothes when she visited. My response was "Get used to it, Darby lives here and you're just visiting". She was was gone that next Monday.

When Darby was 4yo I rescued a male, red doberman puppy about 8 months old. He was like a giraffe at that age and the first time they met he wanted to play and Darby took a nice chink out of his nose. They were best friends for the next 12 years but Darby was the boss from Day one. RIP old girl.

View attachment 53560
Awesome. Our eleven-year old has become such a bully to me as an old lady. She sits and moans as soon as I walk in the door until I bend down and hug and pet her like mad. And if I don’t do it within a minute or two she is full-on barking until I do. I guess she has me trained at this point. Just like Mrs. 8993 and the three girls, I suppose.

Reaction Score

We rescued one when I was a kid from The Little Guild of St. Francis next to Mohawk Mountain where he was bouncing off the walls. The little old lady said he was energetic but a really friendly dog for the family. I could tell she was so happy we took him off her hands and as we passed Mohawk Mountain I named him Mohawk...

Fast forward a long while later, my mom takes Mohawk in to see the vet because she thought he was sick the vet looked at my mom and said, "Don't worry, we'll take care of him." My mom's response, "Well yeah but don't you have to examine him or something?" He weirdly repeated a couple of times, "I'm sorry but you can leave, we'll take care of him." My mom looking at him befuddled before the vet says, "I'll put the dog down for you. Your dog has Springer rage...I could tell right away when I first saw him." My mom's beside herself at this point and tells him, "You will not be putting my dog down" and hurries out of the office with Mohawk...

Fast forward about a year later and we were on our way back with Mohawk to The Little Guild of St. Francis where the little old lady looked like she saw a ghost when she saw him. We asked her to please take the dog back because we could no longer handle him. Since it was a no kill place, she took him back but she was not happy about it. Mohawk was the best looking Springer I've ever seen but the poor dog was bat**** crazy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In the beginning, they tested coming and going.

Now, they test to get a positive, but they're not concerned with testing again to determine recovery - that part is not as important.
Tests are sacred.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Awesome. Our eleven-year old has become such a bully to me as an old lady. She sits and moans as soon as I walk in the door until I bend down and hug and pet her like mad. And if I don’t do it within a minute or two she is full-on barking until I do. I guess she has me trained at this point. Just like Mrs. 8993 and the three girls, I suppose.

Between the ages of 14-17 Darby was smarter than me at 36-39.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Went to the local garden store today. Not as many as a normal beautiful Spring Saturday, but there were a lot of cars on the road. Didn't want to spend a lot of time inside, most everyone was wearing at least a mask. Came home and smoked a chicken and did yard work. Seemed a lot closer to normal than it has in quite some time.
I found myself thinking the same thing. I've also noticed recently I've become less cautious, which is something I keep telling myself not to do. People seem to be getting more comfortable and antsy in general. We drove to gillette castle today, place was packed with people just walking around. Some had masks, some didn't, but thats why this whole thing is spreading.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

When Darby was 4yo I rescued a male, red doberman puppy about 8 months old. He was like a giraffe at that age and the first time they met he wanted to play and Darby took a nice chunk out of his nose. They were best friends for the next 12 years but Darby was the boss from day one. RIP old girl.

View attachment 53560
and speaking of wrapped appendages, how'd ur ankle turnout?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
and speaking of wrapped appendages, how'd ur ankle turnout?

I appreciate you asking, Cliff. I wish I had a cooler story but aside from the bruising at the bottom of the foot I came out good after about 7-10 days of soreness. Looked way worse on Day 1.

Reaction Score
Deaths are different beast. CDC frequently change guidelines on what qualifies as a covid19 death.
This is what I'm talking about, Worldometer has New York state down for 22,275 deaths as of today while Cuomo says New York state is at 16,966 deaths today.
I do too, it's weird how New York went from just over 15,000 deaths yesterday morning to almost 21,000 last night.
Screenshot_20200426-132818_Chrome.jpg

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Anyone know if deaths are included in the hospitalization number as a discharge?

Reaction Score
Anyone know if deaths are included in the hospitalization number as a discharge?
This is from a story in the Hartford Courant dated April 25, 2020:

Connecticut hospitals have discharged more than 3,000 coronavirus patients during the current outbreak, Gov. Ned Lamont said Friday, indicating that nearly half of all seriously ill residents have already recovered from the virus.

The state has not shared exactly how many COVID-19 patients have been hospitalized during the outbreak, making it difficult to say for certain what percentage have been discharged. However, adding discharges, active hospitalizations and deaths offers an approximation of the number of serious cases.

Of the 7,013 patients who fall into one of those three categories, 3,372 (48%) have been discharged, 1,877 (27%) remain hospitalized and 1,764 (25%) have died.

Though COVID-19 has been extremely deadly in Connecticut, the discharge figures offer a reminder that even hospitalized patients have a strong chance of recovery.

Reaction Score
Connecticut coroner testing dead bodies for Coronavirus. Yep. Really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom