OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 67 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
Y do u say really isn’t that their job to determine cause of death

That is their only job. And it's suppose to be to find out if there was foul play. It's very odd.

Definition of coroner

: a usually elected public officer who is typically not required to have specific medical qualifications and whose principal duty is to inquire by an inquest into the cause of any death which there is reason to suppose is not due to natural causes

Reaction Score
That is their only job. And it's suppose to be to find out if there was foul play. It's very odd.

Definition of coroner

: a usually elected public officer who is typically not required to have specific medical qualifications and whose principal duty is to inquire by an inquest into the cause of any death which there is reason to suppose is not due to natural causes
Is the vivid considered natural causes

Reaction Score

Definition of coroner

FWIW - CT doesn’t have “coroners”... they have medical examiners which are not the same thing. Medical Examiners are licensed medical doctors/pathologists.

Among their other duties they are required to investigate deaths related to any diseases which might constitute a threat to public health.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Awesome. Our eleven-year old has become such a bully to me as an old lady. She sits and moans as soon as I walk in the door until I bend down and hug and pet her like mad. And if I don’t do it within a minute or two she is full-on barking until I do. I guess she has me trained at this point. Just like Mrs. 8993 and the three girls, I suppose.
Lol, my 8 year old ridgeback will just sigh and and then whine until I show her attention.

Reaction Score
Connecticut coroner testing dead bodies for Coronavirus. Yep. Really.

where did you see that the ME was testing all of thebodies for coronovirus? I read an article a few weeks ago that suggested the opposite - that they were not testing but for a few exceptions.

Reaction Score
where did you see that the ME was testing all of thebodies for coronovirus? I read an article a few weeks ago that suggested the opposite - that they were not testing but for a few exceptions.

Testing the dead for COVID-19 Investigators from medical examiner's office go to funeral homes to get accurate count of victims

In an effort to better track the number of people dying at home or in nursing homes from the coronavirus, investigators from the Connecticut medical examiner's office have been going to funeral homes across the state to get samples from the dead before they are cremated or buried.

So far, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has done 137 tests for COVID-19, of which 73 - more than half - came back positive. The majority of those tests were taken at funeral homes; most of the others were done during autopsies.

Fully chronicling the extent of the death toll from the coronavirus has become a critical issue in Connecticut amid indications that early data may have missed many who died of related illnesses - such as respiratory failure - but were not included in the COVID-19 death toll.

So far, the medical examiner has amended 173 death certificates to include COVID-19 as a contributing factor in the person's death - or about 10% of the COVID-19 deaths as of Friday. Chief State Medical Examiner James Gill said some death certificates were amended without a COVID test "using the recommended probable terminology based on a compelling clinical history" such as reviewing medical and hospital records.

As of Saturday there have been 1,862 deaths in the state attributed to COVID-19. The number has jumped as state officials say they "catch up" with cases. Many of them are the amended cases that Gill sends DPH every day.

Even with the efforts, Gilll acknowledged not all COVID related deaths are being captured. Gill said "no system is perfect" and his office relies on medical staff, whether it be in a hospital or a nursing home to report and certify deaths properly.

Gill said there have been many nursing homes that haven't reported possible cases and the medical examiner only found out about them from funeral directors.

"If a 90-year-old man dies in a nursing home and the death is certified as arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease, it is unlikely to get reported to us and get any further investigation," Gill said. "If we see a death certificate from a nursing home that states "respiratory failure," we will investigate."

"Respiratory failure is not an acceptable cause of death. It is really a synonym for death. One must ask: what caused the respiratory failure and list this specific disease responsible for the death," Gill said.

Gill said knowing who had the virus also creates a complete record of the virus' impact.

"There certainly will be people who claim that governments over-called or under-called COVID-19 deaths. Having comprehensive investigations will provide confidence to the public," Gill said. "Our investigation is the last opportunity to do this testing and we never know what issues might occur in the future."

Reaction Score
Saturday was my birthday and the profound isolation especially but not exclusively us seniors are going through was brought home.
Easter was one thing but that seems like so long ago when weeks seem like months. We haven’t been able to hug our grandchildren since early March So I wasn’t looking forward to my birthday.
i had gone shopping on Thursday and bought a small undecorated carrot cake for my wife and I .
i didn’t expect much, but It started out with a long phone conversation with my much younger sister and last surviving sibling whose battling cancer. Ironically it’s the best she felt in a long time since they temporarily stopped her chemo due to corona. We live in such crazy times.
i then got a FaceTime call from my Daughter, Son-in-law ,and my two oldest grandsons both of whom are working from home In CT. I see the trees are still barren.
So far so good
Then my wife and I were startled by the erratic ring of our doorbell , My wife looked at me and said that ‘s AZHuskiePup‘s ring ,my 12 year old grandson buddy. I went outside and he, his father and his father’s wonderful girlfriend all sang Happy Birthday , Although his six year old and the only one in the family besides me who could sing wasn’t there It was still a wonderful moment.
After they left
My wife and I got take out I was craving Eggplant Par.
After dinner I received one more call from my cousin who is more like a sister.
All in all not a bad birthday certainly one I’ll remember

Reaction Score
I was in the grocery store yesterday, everyone in masks - well almost everyone... I saw two tough guys at the end of an aisle in the middle of a discussion that had been going on no less than 5 minutes already.. As I got closer I realized one of them was the father of one of my basketball players from last year.. Totally on brand, tough guy idiot :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Saturday was my birthday and the profound isolation especially but not exclusively us seniors are going through was brought home.
Easter was one thing but that seems like so long ago when weeks seem like months. We haven’t been able to hug our grandchildren since early March So I wasn’t looking forward to my birthday.
i had gone shopping on Thursday and bought a small undecorated carrot cake for my wife and I .
i didn’t expect much, but It started out with a long phone conversation with my much younger sister and last surviving sibling whose battling cancer. Ironically it’s the best she felt in a long time since they temporarily stopped her chemo due to corona. We live in such crazy times.
i then got a FaceTime call from my Daughter, Son-in-law ,and my two oldest grandsons both of whom are working from home In CT. I see the trees are still barren.
So far so good
Then my wife and I were startled by the erratic ring of our doorbell , My wife looked at me and said that ‘s AZHuskiePup‘s ring ,my 12 year old grandson buddy. I went outside and he, his father and his father’s wonderful girlfriend all sang Happy Birthday , Although his six year old and the only one in the family besides me who could sing wasn’t there It was still a wonderful moment.
After they left
My wife and I got take out I was craving Eggplant Par.
After dinner I received one more call from my cousin who is more like a sister.
All in all not a bad birthday certainly one I’ll remember
Nice, My daughter's bday is this Saturday and she lives alone in Boston (100 miles away). We're doing a drive-by wellness check on her Saturday or Sunday. The weather is the determining factor and we want sunshine. We will just be dropping off gifts, singing Happy Birthday and I'm bringing a pizza up with me.

We will have masks/gloves and keep a safe distance, but I'm worried about having to restrain my wife from hugging her (its been 4 months). Anyway will only be there an hour or so, she sitting on her front porch, my wife and I sitting on my truck's trunk. Massachusetts are fining people $100 for not wearing masks, and they are in crisis mode all over the State.

But I do believe that with safe distancing, wearing PPE and being vigilant, we can do little things to connect with family safely for short periods of time. Hell I'm surrounding by strangers at the grocery store.

Happy Birthday!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Nice, My daughter's bday is this Saturday and she lives alone in Boston (100 miles away). We're doing a drive-by wellness check on her Saturday or Sunday. The weather is the determining factor and we want sunshine. We will just be dropping off gifts, singing Happy Birthday and I'm bringing a pizza up with me.

We will have masks/gloves and keep a safe distance, but I'm worried about having to restrain my wife from hugging her (its been 4 months). Anyway will only be there an hour or so, she sitting on her front porch, my wife and I sitting on my truck's trunk. Massachusetts are fining people $100 for not wearing masks, and they are in crisis mode all over the State.

But I do believe that with safe distancing, wearing PPE and being vigilant, we can do little things to connect with family safely for short periods of time. Hell I'm surrounding by strangers at the grocery store.

Happy Birthday!
With the gorgeous forecast this weekend my wife and I are planning on going over her sisters and sitting 6+ feet apart on her deck. Honestly a safer option than cross paths with dozens of strangers on a trail. My parents came over last week and sat on different ends of our 20 ft patio.

Reaction Score
Wife and I watched Unorthodox on Netflix last weekend. Very insightful especially understanding the power and reverence of a Rabbi. Anyways woke up this morning to 'timely' news of this scene at a Rabbi's funeral yesterday:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My latest quarantine indulgence, being delivered Friday. Bonfire smokeless, portable fire pit:

Bonfire_Product_Optimized_7__88945.1585583118.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm sure you'll love it. You may want to get a cover, but I'm not familiar with the one you ordered. The Mrs and I have been quarantining with this bad boy I picked up last month:

View attachment 53672
We already have one like that; actually just replaced it with a new one last year. But we can only use it on our lower lawn area, not on our deck, which we use much more often. The new one is more compact, smokeless, almost ashless and can be used directly on a wood or composite deck. I also bought the screen cover for it separately. My thinking is that it will be much quicker and easier to use, less messy, more portable and most importantly can be used right out our back door on the deck where we grill and have a dining table, etc.

Reaction Score
With the gorgeous forecast this weekend my wife and I are planning on going over her sisters and sitting 6+ feet apart on her deck. Honestly a safer option than cross paths with dozens of strangers on a trail. My parents came over last week and sat on different ends of our 20 ft patio.

Get you one of these bad boys:

454121.gif

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Lamont sounds confident some businesses can be phased back in on 5/20. How long y’all staying away though? Among them are outdoor dining. Put in your reservation now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Lamont sounds confident some businesses can be phased back in on 5/20. How long y’all staying away though? Among them are outdoor dining. Put in your reservation now.
Nothing really changes for me until they determine what happens with schools and Summer camps. I'm pretty confident I am not the only one in this boat. Unemployment does not ease until parents can arrange for childcare.

I'll probably alternate days with my wife and will be able to go to my office space 2-3 times a week. Although I meet more than a few essential service/worker criteria, I can also meet an adequate-yet-less-than-optimal work from home threshold. So that is what I've been doing for the past 6 weeks.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Nothing really changes for me until they determine what happens with schools and Summer camps. I'm pretty confident I am not the only one in this boat.

I'll probably alternate days with my wife and will be able to go to my office space 2-3 times a week. Although I meet more than a few essential service/worker criteria, I can also meet an adequate-yet-less-than-optimal work from home threshold. So that is what I've been doing for the past 6 weeks.
I know Manchester has already canceled summer camp.

Reaction Score
I need to be able to have 75 people or more for my business so I’ll be hanging low

Reaction Score
My friend in Houston went out for lunch at a sitdown restaurant yesterday, he said it felt safer than shopping at the grocery store or pharmacy.

Reaction Score
Sunlight kills 50% of the virus every 90 seconds. Outdoors on a sunny day is probably the safest place to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom