OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 65 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
still hopeful we hit meet or beat the May 20 timeline.
So I heard today that there are was never any plan to open anything on or by May 20. That is the day the team will meet to discuss reopening.

Yes, May 20 is not the re-open date.

During the governor's news conference it was said that May 20 is not a "reopen" date, but the deadline for the state's Reopen CT Advisory Group to collect information on testing, contact tracing, and PPE -- not necessarily when schools and businesses could reopen.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

During the governor's news conference it was said that May 20 is not a "reopen" date, but the deadline for the state's Reopen CT Advisory Group to collect information on testing, contact tracing, and PPE -- not necessarily when schools and businesses could reopen.

I wonder if they are backtracking because things are not progressing as they’d like or If that was always the plan. That sure didn’t seem like the plan when they started saying May 20.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Also, I check worldometers daily and the recovery stats are terrible. As of today they had 65 total CT recoveries which is insanely low. I wonder if they’re that inaccurate from everywhere.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I wonder if they are backtracking because things are not progressing as they’d like or If that was always the plan. That seem like the plan when they started saying May 20.
Lamont extended the initial two week "Stay Safe, Stay at Home," well ahead of the start of week 3. I was always of the opinion that they should have set the new date at May 4, but that's moot now. The Northeast Governor Consortium is going to make a group decision.

Reaction Score
Also, I check worldometers daily and the recovery stats are terrible. As of today they had 65 total CT recoveries which is insanely low. I wonder if they’re that inaccurate from everywhere.
I do too, it's weird how New York went from just over 15,000 deaths yesterday morning to almost 21,000 last night.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I do too, it's weird how New York went from just over 15,000 deaths yesterday morning to almost 21,000 last night.
Deaths are different beast. CDC frequently change guidelines on what qualifies as a covid19 death.

Reaction Score

Yale New Haven Health System had 66 Covid-19 discharges yesterday alone (1,264 since March 14).

Reaction Score
Governor Lamont Provides Update on Connecticut’s Coronavirus Response Efforts
Posted on April 24, 2020

(HARTFORD, CT) – As the State of Connecticut continues taking actions in response to the global spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Governor Ned Lamont provided the following updates as of 7:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24, 2020:
Data updates on testing in Connecticut
The following is a summary of the day-to-day newly reported data on cases, deaths, and tests in Connecticut. It is important to note that these newly reported updates include data that occurred over the last several days to a week. All data in this report are preliminary, and data for previous dates will be updated as new reports are received and data errors are corrected.
Overall SummaryStatewide TotalChange Since Yesterday
Laboratory-Confirmed COVID-19 Cases23,921+821
COVID-19-Associated Deaths1,764+125
Patients Currently Hospitalized with COVID-191,877-70
Patients tested for COVID-1974,038+2,541

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
And probably so hard to accurately track.
I think it’s up to positive testees to report to CDC or state agency. It’s weird that worldometer is not accounting for as many as I’m sure there have been.

Reaction Score
Nearly 40k new cases today on worldometers WTH
The new cases are the result of increased testing. The numbers of tests are going through the roof so there will be more and more cases. That's why hospitalizations should be the metric that is most meaningful.

And the overall deaths and deaths in NY and NJ all had big drops on Friday.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The new cases are the result of increased testing. The numbers of tests are going through the roof so there will be more and more cases. That's why hospitalizations should be the metric that is most meaningful.

And the overall deaths and deaths in NY and NJ all had big drops on Friday.
True but the media will talk about cases SURGING and SKYROCKETING while the virus SPREADS.

Reaction Score
With the shortages on frozen foods I feel like people will need to go to the store more often which isn’t a good thing.
I"m really considering buying one of those stand alone freezers. Not so much due to the frozen foods issue, but my wife's new addiction to 'panic' shopping as if Armageddon is tomorrow. I need help, she buying so much we've started putting extras in the closet and both of our fridges/freezers are packed. Hell, after my post this morning I mentioned this to my wife (couldn't find fries), and she picks up 2 bags of fries, from the dollar store.

Before the pandemic I had forgotten how much of a worry wort she was since our children are all grown and out of the house. She asked me if she is going overboard, and I wanted to tell her she's freakin drowning. I really believe we have enough food till the summer, especially with the canned goods.

She itchin to start her garden, but I'm scared she's going to want a Conagra type field, especially since I'm the one who tills and prepares the ground each year.

I can't complain too much because we're cellmates 24/7 with no escape. My only option is to keep her from the news but I can only play backgammon with her but so much. (End of rant).

Reaction Score
True but the media will talk about cases SURGING and SKYROCKETING while the virus SPREADS.
Who cares what the media says... More cases is good, it means more testing. The only way we're getting out of this is herd immunity.

Reaction Score
She itchin to start her garden, but I'm scared she's going to want a Conagra type field, especially since I'm the one who tills and prepares the ground each year.

So go with it. Fresh air, exercise, time away from electronic screens. Do what you can at the pace that suits you. Chop wood, carry water.

Reaction Score
Smithfield Foods closes ANOTHER meat packing plant in Illinois as coronavirus outbreaks threaten to plunge food supply chain into crisis

Smithfield said in a statement on Friday that it will indefinitely close its plant in Monmouth, Illinois after 'a small portion' of the 1,700 employees there tested positive for COVID-19.

The Monmouth plant processes approximately 3 percent of the U.S. supply of fresh pork, and also produces bacon.

It follows closures of Smithfield plants in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, where 5 percent of American pork is processed, as well as in Wisconsin and Missouri, and closures of multiple Tyson Foods plants and dozens of others across the country.

1587781774310.png

Reaction Score
Smithfield Foods closes ANOTHER meat packing plant in Illinois as coronavirus outbreaks threaten to plunge food supply chain into crisis

Smithfield said in a statement on Friday that it will indefinitely close its plant in Monmouth, Illinois after 'a small portion' of the 1,700 employees there tested positive for COVID-19.

The Monmouth plant processes approximately 3 percent of the U.S. supply of fresh pork, and also produces bacon.

It follows closures of Smithfield plants in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, where 5 percent of American pork is processed, as well as in Wisconsin and Missouri, and closures of multiple Tyson Foods plants and dozens of others across the country.

View attachment 53532

According to another thread, the boneyard is well stocked with hot dogs so this is a non-issue.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Meat production is down, but don't forget that restaurant consumption of meat has plummeted.

A local restaurant wholesaler has opened its doors to the general public. The problem is, you have to buy in serious bulk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom