OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 49 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Here's some info from the Worldometers site this morning:
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ve heard 99.9%
They are proceeding with a plasma test from patients who have recovered to inject health care workers.
Anyone who tell you we can’t resume a semblance of normalcy before we have a vaccine is woefully ignorant or agenda driven.

Good point. We still do not have a vaccine for AIDS. Yet that epidemic has been normalized. Large scale testing and treatment should also play a large role in bringing the country back.

What's normal will change in high risk communities. Nursing homes will different for sure.

In 2017, over 7,700 died every day in the USA (CDC). On the worst days the virus has killed under 2,000 people a day. And the virus probably has eaten into the normal death rate. As the virus death rate falls, the health care system will return to a much more normal state (that should be in weeks). The larger country should return in fits and starts. There probably will be flare ups but the scale of these should be tiny compared to the pandemic (unless it's your community).

Reaction Score
Good point. We still do not have a vaccine for AIDS. Yet that epidemic has been normalized. Large scale testing and treatment should also play a large role in bringing the country back.

What's normal will change in high risk communities. Nursing homes will different for sure.

In 2017, over 7,700 died every day in the USA (CDC). On the worst days the virus has killed under 2,000 people a day. And the virus probably has eaten into the normal death rate. As the virus death rate falls, the health care system will return to a much more normal state (that should be in weeks). The larger country should return in fits and starts. There probably will be flare ups but the scale of these should be tiny compared to the pandemic (unless it's your community).
Total deaths are more easily counted than virus deaths. I really love your optimism but weeks to even minimal normalcy is hard to envision. Hopefully it doesn’t affect hoop season. The first sports to be played whenever that will be won’t have a live audience.

Reaction Score
Total deaths are more easily counted than virus deaths. I really love your optimism but weeks to even minimal normalcy is hard to envision. Hopefully it doesn’t affect hoop season. The first sports to be played whenever that will be won’t have a live audience.
We're pretty much counting any death by a person with Coronavirus attributable to the virus. At some point it really is impossible to parse the culpit. But many of those taken by the virus would have passed in the normal course of events. We still in for some bad death days but the new cases are definitely moving in the right direction. I think there is real hope for a normal hoop season.

Reaction Score
Isn't that true for every living thing?
Yep. But I meant within meant within the month or year. Coronavirus is an opportunist that preys on the weakest of us.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kids came out of their rooms a few minutes ago after a morning of remote high school and I asked if it's lunch time. They said nope and reminded me they have a 4 1/2 Easter weekend. They finished a half day today and have Fri/Mon off as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yesterday was the third straight day where new cases were below the previous highest number. Could mean nothing. Could mean we’re running out of tests. Could mean we’re starting to see a positive trend. Could be due for a big spike. Something to keep an eye on.
Remember that this thing is predicted to be a bell curve, that's the curve that everyone was talking about. Even if we've hit the apogee, in theory it will take as long to get back to normalcy as it did to get this point.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Remember that this thing is predicted to be a bell curve, that's the curve that everyone was talking about. Even if we've hit the apogee, in theory it will take as long to get back to normalcy as it did to get this point.

So, things started ramping up mid to late March, by end of April we should be really heading downward and in about a month almost done.

CL82

Reaction Score
Hopefully it doesn’t affect hoop season.
To be honest, I can't see how it won't. That is right at the start of the predicted second wave of this thing. I doubt that we will see a vaccine before 2021.

CL82

Reaction Score
So, things started ramping up mid to late March, by end of April we should be really heading downward and in about a month almost done.
I'm just guessing obviously, but I think a month is best case scenario for phase II, which would be a phasing in of return to work with social distancing, isolation of hot spots with contact tracing.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah...doesn’t mean good things aren’t starting

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We're pretty much counting any death by a person with Coronavirus attributable to the virus. At some point it really is impossible to parse the culpit. But many of those taken by the virus would have passed in the normal course of events. We still in for some bad death days but the new cases are definitely moving in the right direction. I think there is real hope for a normal hoop season.
The thing is deaths not attributed to the virus are way up and we’re not testing all the corpses.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Here's some info from the Worlometers site this morning:
View attachment 52868
If a married male had this type of historical sexual activity with his spouse that male would be happy. I'll be happy when the graph for the outbreak is like the timeline of sexual activity in a marriage.

Reaction Score
The thing is deaths not attributed to the virus are way up and we’re not testing all the corpses.
This is true, though also consider some deaths attributed to the virus were heavily (if not more so) influenced by a pre-existing condition. Therefore, some unknown percentage of Covid-attributed deaths may not be a death caused directly by Covid.

All of the projections are highly speculative at this point because Covid data is so difficult to accumulate at a very reliable level.

The planning that *needs* to be occurring right now is setting up mass-testing (of Covid and antibodies) and contract tracing infrastructure. This will be key in preventing larger-scale outbreaks after containing the first phase.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I wonder if people are going to rush back into things like nothing happened when places open or if we’ll remain cautious. Will probably carry hand sanitizer for a while.

Reaction Score
Kids came out of their rooms a few minutes ago after a morning of remote high school and I asked if it's lunch time. They said nope and reminded me they have a 4 1/2 Easter weekend. They finished a half day today and have Fri/Mon off as well.

We're on week 2 of spring break.

15 Reasons Al Bundy Was The Greatest Man On TV | Married with ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom