OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 19 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
We rescued a 2 year old Mountain Cur around Christmas and she is by far the happiest this is happening. Both of our companies have us buckled in at home but you know our pup is getting multiple walks daily as we speak. And of course having her is great for us now too we can get away from our screens and the wackiness to take her on a local journey. She will keep us sane!

Reaction Score
We rescued a 2 year old Mountain Cur around Christmas and she is by far the happiest this is happening. Both of our companies have us buckled in at home but you know our pup is getting multiple walks daily as we speak. And of course having her is great for us now too we can get away from our screens and the wackiness to take her on a local journey. She will keep us sane!
Congrats on the new pup...how about some pics? We lost our guy in Nov and adopted a new guy about 6 weeks ago...he's also loving all the attention. Having an older dog that was well trained, I forgot the energy involved in training a young dog. He "found" our treat storage space today by standing on his hind legs..something our last dog would never do..lol

Reaction Score
Bad link

Yeah I will try again. Good luck with your pup your story is similar to ours. Let’s see a pic of the lucky pup.

We lost our black lab in August after 16 ofthe best years didn’t think I was going to get another for at least a long time. Visited this little lady from Mississippi and she won me over she’s really a tremendous pup we’re lucky.
BAFA5597-6906-4C56-BFAD-E1061FD7C83C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yeah I will try again. Good luck with your pup your story is similar to ours. Let’s see a pic of the lucky pup.

We lost our black lab in August after 16 ofthe best years didn’t think I was going to get another for at least a long time. Visited this little lady from Mississippi and she won me over she’s really a tremendous pup we’re lucky. View attachment 52072
we lost our guy at only 11 to hemangiosarcoma..didn't expect to get another so quickly, but the house was WAAY too quite.
Cooper.JPG

Reaction Score
What I heard today:

By the end of the week Interstates may be closed, and domestic air travel may be grounded.

(From my CEO - who is very well connected)

I get airlines closing because of the close proximity issue, but why interstates? That seems completely absurd.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

We lost our black lab in August after 16 ofthe best years didn’t think I was going to get another for at least a long time. Visited this little lady from Mississippi and she won me over she’s really a tremendous pup we’re lucky. View attachment 52072
Very regal. Best wishes with the new royalty in your home.

Reaction Score
I get airlines closing because of the close proximity issue, but why interstates? That seems completely absurd.
I doubt it happens, but if people won't isolate themselves, and we're not, you have to take drastic measures

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Combined with eating less (very important with this crisis) we all should look good in a few weeks. I mean those of us who could use losing a couple of pounds. Also I will add our homes should look nice, clean and orderly like an upgrade. My wife is an animal the way she is attacking our house, even makes me tired watching her.

What else is there to do?

I can’t tell if I’m going to gain 50 lbs or lose 50 lbs yet.

Given I'm laid up with both an LCL and ankle injury to my right leg, I'm afraid I'll be in the gaining 50 lbs category. Can't really exercise other than arm curls, cleaning and home/yard work is out of the question, and while it would be a good time for a cleanse, I can't even get to the bathroom quick enough, lol.

Reaction Score
we lost our guy at only 11 to hemangiosarcoma..didn't expect to get another so quickly, but the house was WAAY too quite. View attachment 52073

Pretty dog and lucky pup, best of luck. Yeah quiet was part of it especially after our only child bought his house and left us in January. I hear you on that. Enjoy!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
we lost our guy at only 11 to hemangiosarcoma..didn't expect to get another so quickly, but the house was WAAY too quite. View attachment 52073

"A house is not a home without a dog." - Anonymous

We lost our boy at 10 back in 2012 also due to blood cancer. My wife didn't think she could have another dog, but within 3 months, due to a neighbor's impending divorce, we were presented with an opportunity to give a home to their 12 year old Aussie Shepherd as he was basically otherwise unadoptable. So we took him in and my wife immediately fell in love with him. When he passed three years later, it took virtually no time for us to get our current boy, whom we adopted almost four years ago.

Reaction Score
Oh well the Gym is out, no speedo for me this summer:

'Crunch Members in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut,

Due to an order from the state governments of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, all gyms have been asked to temporarily close effective at 8pm, today, March 16, 2020. All Crunch locations in these states will be closed until further notice.'

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh well the Gym is out, no speedo for me this summer:

'Crunch Members in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut,

Due to an order from the state governments of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, all gyms have been asked to temporarily close effective at 8pm, today, March 16, 2020. All Crunch locations in these states will be closed until further notice.'

You know you can do pushups, situps/crunches, planks at home? Most states still allow outside activities like running and biking too. Don't give up on the speedo just yet.

Reaction Score
You know you can do pushups, situps/crunches, planks at home? Most states still allow outside activities like running and biking too. Don't give up on the speedo just yet.
Its going to be an exercise in finding public places for outdoor activities here in Fairfield County:

Coronavirus Fairfield: All Parks And Town Buildings To Close

Why close public parks to individuals? I can see baseball/basketball/soccer games but dog walking, golfing, running and strolls doesn't make sense. People 'gonna' go mad.

@mauconnfan they're coming for our golf courses!

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Its going to be an exercise in finding public places for outdoor activities here in Fairfield County:

Coronavirus Fairfield: All Parks And Town Buildings To Close

Why close public parks to individuals? I can see baseball/basketball games but dog walking, golfing, running and strolls doesn't make sense. People 'gonna' go mad.

@mauconnfan they're coming for our golf courses!

Yeah, closing parks seems counterintuitive. Golf courses even more counterintuitive. Go to the shore if you can. Corona doesn't hold up well in open salt water bodies of water.

Reaction Score
Any old farts here remember the days of Drive In Theaters? Man they would be raking in a fortune nowadays if they still existed. If I had a huge lot I bet I could recoup my expenses in a month or two. Hell with bluetooth now, you don't need to install speaker stands.

For you young'uns:

1584453188365.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Any old farts here remember the days of Drive In Theaters? Man they would be raking in a fortune nowadays if they still existed. If I had a huge lot I bet I could recoup my expenses in a month or two. Hell with bluetooth now, you don't need to install speaker stands.
There are still a couple in CT. And they went to low powered FM so you can get the sound on your car radio years ago. Too cold for them to open yet here.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Chloroquine is effective, apparently. It reduces the effects of Covid 19, and reduces the duration of the disease to 6 days.

It is also being shown to be a preventative, guarding against becoming.infected.

These are "quinine pills". Widely used since the 1940s as anti malarial.

They are prescription only. However, the active ingrediant, quinine, is readily available at grocery stores and liquor stores.

The astingent taste of the quinine is easily mitigated with the addition of a properly prepared sugar serivative. Rum works well, here. Adding some naturally derived vitamine C, such as readily available in limes, can turn this into sort of an Emergen C for Corona virus.

You're welcome!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Where is the old guy from the 55+ retirement community who said they didn't cancel anything and nothing matters? How are things going? I think we should get a week to week update on the conditions there as this is just all overblown by the media and you have the real info.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom