OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 18 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
‪For everyone using the flu as a comparison for Covid-19 think of it this way. More people died this year in America ‬from guns than atomic bombs. Does that mean that atomic bombs aren’t as deadly?
And the flu is nothing to sneeze at. Estimates are between 291,00 and 646,00 die every year from it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You can always head for the border. Wierton WV and Steubenville Ohio just a 20 mile drive though that could be quite a stampede with a city the size of Pittsburgh. You have to hand it to DiBlasio though. Closing the bars at 9:00 AM ON ST PATRICK"S DAY MORNING IN NYC. That's timing.

I suppose the good news is that you can most anything the PLCB sells delivered as long as a adult is home to sign for it. And since I'll be home rehabbing a knee for a bit, looks like I might be good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was feeling pretty tense even before the virus hit. But whether it's a placebo effect or not, lighting fragrant candles has helped. I have lemon and Lucky Shamrock and can tell you it doesn't hurt. Might do some good if you're stuck in the house or apartment. I just ordered a couple more.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was feeling pretty tense even before the virus hit. But whether it's a placebo effect or not, lighting fragrant candles has helped. I have lemon and Lucky Shamrock and can tell you it doesn't hurt. Might do some good if you're stuck in the house or apartment. I just ordered a couple more.

Peter Noone wasn't enough to cheer you up? :p

Reaction Score
What I heard today:

By the end of the week Interstates may be closed, and domestic air travel may be grounded.

(From my CEO - who is very well connected)

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
What I heard today:

By the end of the week Interstates may be closed, and domestic air travel may be grounded.

I read an article saying that there are a lot of rumors going around. Not saying that you're wrong, just saying that the rumors are something we need to be cognizant about. I heard the same as you so it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What I heard today:
So are you, apparently!

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Despite all best intentions, I have concluded that it is impossible for me to stop touching my face. I find myself doing it literally every five minutes or less. So my plan B is trying to make sure that my hands have been washed/sanitized/disinfected several times an hour.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I read an article saying that there are a lot of rumors going around. Not saying that you're wrong, just saying that the rumors are something we need to be cognizant about. I heard the same as you so it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Of course. He isn't a rumor guy - but he could also have been given bad intel. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Despite all best intentions, I have concluded that it is impossible for me to stop touching my face. I find myself doing literally every five minutes or less. So my plan B is trying to make sure that my hands have been washed/sanitized/disinfected several times an hour.

I got a rash from sanitizing too often. But I have a job that interacts with the public so not a lot of good options. I had yesterday off and we're changing up our business model a bit, so I've been cutting back to let it heal. Mild skin rash beats the alternative.

Reaction Score
My millennial daughter made 10k today on buying options. Makes me feel stupid. I'm too old for the risk anyway.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What I heard today:

Interstates as in the highways or borders? My wife lives in Manchester and works at CCMC (thankfully has a month of maternity leave left). How is she supposed to get Hartford without the interstate??

Reaction Score
One of my best friend's spoke to his dad's doctor to get a note explaining to his employer (state of Connecticut) that his dad can't risk getting the virus and he is his primary caregiver. His doctor told him it's probably too late and he's likely already infected and would need to quarantine for at least 6 days with no syptoms before he can be in the same room as his dad.

Reaction Score
I just went for a run. Probably the only intelligent and productive thing I did today. Feel better than I have all day.

yup, im trying to go for a walk at lunch and maybe a run later at night. Exercise does wonders.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
yup, im trying to go for a walk at lunch and maybe a run later at night. Exercise does wonders.
Yep also am going for long lunch walks ... one of the best parts of the day.

Reaction Score
Combined with eating less (very important with this crisis) we all should look good in a few weeks. I mean those of us who could use losing a couple of pounds. Also I will add our homes should look nice, clean and orderly like an upgrade. My wife is an animal the way she is attacking our house, even makes me tired watching her.

What else is there to do?

Reaction Score
Combined with eating less (very important with this crisis) we all should look good in a few weeks. I mean those of us who could use losing a couple of pounds. Also I will add our homes should look nice, clean and orderly like an upgrade. My wife is an animal the way she is attacking our house, even makes me tired watching her.

What else is there to do?
Help her

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I started doing Zwift (the cycling trainer thing) a few weeks back. I did a real-time / virtual group ride two weeks back (set up to benefit ALS by André Greipel for those who know cycling} with 6,000+ people - I think it was the largest Zwift event ever. In the app there's all sorts of messaging, and the moderator came on and said they got a message from a small group of riders who were in their homes on their trainers in quarantine in China, and wanted to say how much they appreciated the ability to join any "event" with other live people.

In the app you have the ability to chat and "ride with" other people (based on your power output, you can draft etc.), and soon there was a huge group virtually riding and chatting with the quarantined bunch. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom