OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 20 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
All 4 family members are working/schooling at home. Wife has had long term work at home set-up in the office. Son home from college and set-up at his desk. Daughter's high school went to on-line classes. We purchased a couple of portable monitors which the kids are using. I am in the dining room, but being the last to set-up, I got the short end of hardware. Need to do a trip to best buy. The reality that this may go on for more than a month is setting in.

Reaction Score
All 4 family members are working/schooling at home. Wife has had long term work at home set-up in the office. Son home from college and set-up at his desk. Daughter's high school went to on-line classes. We purchased a couple of portable monitors which the kids are using. I am in the dining room, but being the last to set-up, I got the short end of hardware. Need to do a trip to best buy. The reality that this may go on for more than a month is setting in.
Wouldn't be surprised to see hardware deals on EBay soon. People will need to generate income someway.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Its going to be an exercise in finding public places for outdoor activities here in Fairfield County:

Coronavirus Fairfield: All Parks And Town Buildings To Close

Why close public parks to individuals? I can see baseball/basketball/soccer games but dog walking, golfing, running and strolls doesn't make sense. People 'gonna' go mad.

@mauconnfan they're coming for our golf courses!

Yeah that seems dumb. Really dumb. I'm picturing closing Cummings or Cove or even Sherwood Isl. What's the point in doing that?

Btw, here in the Pittsburgh Metro they closed the golf courses on Monday. And no more booze sales as of 9pm tonight.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Chloroquine is effective, apparently. It reduces the effects of Covid 19, and reduces the duration of the disease to 6 days.

It is also being shown to be a preventative, guarding against becoming.infected.

These are "quinine pills". Widely used since the 1940s as anti malarial.

They are prescription only. However, the active ingrediant, quinine, is readily available at grocery stores and liquor stores.

The astingent taste of the quinine is easily mitigated with the addition of a properly prepared sugar serivative. Rum works well, here. Adding some naturally derived vitamine C, such as readily available in limes, can turn this into sort of an Emergen C for Corona virus.

You're welcome!

How many gin and tonics represent an effective dose?

Reaction Score
If they close golf courses here, I would then be in panic mode. I play 3 times per week, mostly alone. Thursday and Friday I got my light carry bag and walked, no cart. 75 degrees and sunny, good for the soul.

Reaction Score
With the gym closed, it's back to P90X for me. I hate it, but I lost 38 pounds the last time I did it.

As far as the entertainment side goes, there is a new concert video available on Amazon Prime that may appeal to progressive music fans. Search for Big Big Trains Refelectors and you can enjoy 2+ hours of excellent musicianship in the older Genesis neo-prog vein. Very English oriented.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
How many gin and tonics represent an effective dose?

Actual therapeutic dosage has not yet been established by testing on human subjects. To speed results of human studies, it may be necessary to utilize double strength placebos.

But, if one, 16 ounce glass is good (add sweetener, to taste), then two must be better. If taken to excess (where vomiting has been induced) then it is likely that many of the anticipated positive effects may not be fully realized.

YMMV

Reaction Score
If they close golf courses here, I would then be in panic mode. I play 3 times per week, mostly alone. Thursday and Friday I got my light carry bag and walked, no cart. 75 degrees and sunny, good for the soul.
That would be pretty crazy. It's easy to social distance in golf and you don't have to pull the flag stick anymore. You could always sneak on the closed courses. You only live once am I right?

Reaction Score
Chloroquine is effective, apparently. It reduces the effects of Covid 19, and reduces the duration of the disease to 6 days.

It is also being shown to be a preventative, guarding against becoming.infected.

These are "quinine pills". Widely used since the 1940s as anti malarial.

They are prescription only. However, the active ingrediant, quinine, is readily available at grocery stores and liquor stores.

The astingent taste of the quinine is easily mitigated with the addition of a properly prepared sugar serivative. Rum works well, here. Adding some naturally derived vitamine C, such as readily available in limes, can turn this into sort of an Emergen C for Corona virus.

You're welcome!
The South Koreans combined that pill with zinc and were able to pretty much stop the spread in its tracks.

Reaction Score
Florida just shut down bars and nightclubs beginning at 5pm today for 30 days. Restaurant limitations as well

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Florida just shut down bars and nightclubs beginning at 5pm today for 30 days. Restaurant limitations as well

There're a couple of local breweries that open at 4. If they choose to open at all today, I'll cram in whatever business I can give them.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about it this morning. What are some things that will change in our world because of this?

1) Cruises. I've never been a fan but they appear to be floating tin petri dishes and I have to think that industry is in for a rough stretch ahead.

2) Movies Theaters. A lot of companies have already begun to bypass new movies into theaters and are making them available to stream online. That has to provide a huge blow to theaters going forward.

3) Prepping. After a couple months of quarantine, you have to imagine most people will have some sort of supply stash in their basements and the stigma of doing so goes away.

4) Physical contact with other people and objects. Handshakes. Opening doors. Grocery cart handles. Staircase railings. Hand sanitizer. I feel like it's going to take some time to be as relaxed about all of that like we were a month ago.

Reaction Score
My 7 year old nephew who lives in Wilton woke up yesterday with a high fever and a wicked dry cough.

My sister says she has no reason not to suspect it's COVID-19, so she's basically on board with her entire family (husband, three kids between 3-9) to self-quarantine for 3-4 weeks with the assumption that they will all get it/already have it.

I'm a teacher who lives in Norwalk and I've had a dry cough/tight lungs for about 7 days now. Lungs are still a bit tight, but better today than last few days. Overall, I rarely get sick and when I do, it's more of the nagging/annoying kind that doesn't result in a fever or a need to miss work.

With so many cases nearby, any chance I'm fighting a very mild case of COVID-19? Just to be safe, I haven't left my neighborhood since Saturday and I've only gone outside for chores, some lawn work and daily walks around my quiet, spread out residential area.

Paranoid or prudent?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
My 7 year old nephew who lives in Wilton woke up yesterday with a high fever and a wicked dry cough.

My sister says she has no reason not to suspect it's COVID-19, so she's basically on board with her entire family (husband, three kids between 3-9) to self-quarantine for 3-4 weeks with the assumption that they will all get it/already have it.

I'm a teacher who lives in Norwalk and I've had a dry cough/tight lungs for about 7 days now. Lungs are still a bit tight, but better today than last few days. Overall, I rarely get sick and when I do, it's more of the nagging/annoying kind that doesn't result in a fever or a need to miss work.

With so many cases nearby, any chance I'm fighting a very mild case of COVID-19? Just to be safe, I haven't left my neighborhood since Saturday and I've only gone outside for chores, some lawn work and daily walks around my quiet, spread out residential area.

Paranoid or prudent?

Not paranoid ... any symptoms at all, be as safe as possible and get tested, then do whatever you can to stay away from anyone else.

Good luck, be safe!

Reaction Score

Paranoid or prudent?
If there's even a 1% chance you think you have it stay home. Better safe than sorry

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Paranoid or prudent?

Not a doctor but it sounds like you have the corona.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was thinking about it this morning. What are some things that will change in our world because of this?

1) Cruises. I've never been a fan but they appear to be floating tin petri dishes and I have to think that industry is in for a rough stretch ahead.

2) Movies Theaters. A lot of companies have already begun to bypass new movies into theaters and are making them available to stream online. That has to provide a huge blow to theaters going forward.

3) Prepping. After a couple months of quarantine, you have to imagine most people will have some sort of supply stash in their basements and the stigma of doing so goes away.

4) Physical contact with other people and objects. Handshakes. Opening doors. Grocery cart handles. Staircase railings. Hand sanitizer. I feel like it's going to take some time to be as relaxed about all of that like we were a month ago.
I’m sure there’s more than a few maniac who think this is a PR scheme by Comcast and Ubereats to persuade people to stay home and rent movies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom