OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 17 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
MA governor just closed schools for at least 3 weeks and all restaurants and bars are takeout only until at least mid April

Reaction Score
NFL still going on with FA, it starts tomorrow, theres been an uproar about it. I'm expecting breaking news in the morning about it being delayed, just dont wanna get my hopes up.

Reaction Score
NFL still going on with FA, it starts tomorrow, theres been an uproar about it. I'm expecting breaking news in the morning about it being delayed, just dont wanna get my hopes up.

Not sure why they can't do all the meetings over the phone and digital signings and stuff. If they are, I don't see an issue with it going forward.

Reaction Score
Got my son home from Boston on Saturday. It was a textbook extraction with a strong emphasis on social distancing. The one exception being a stop at Solas Irish Pub for bacon mac and cheese and a couple of tasty pints. 90% of the passengers on the direct flight back to Nashville were college students making an exodus. Thankfully no sick people were on the flight. Keeping away from my 79 year old mom for a while. 3 hours after we left the Northeastern campus on a voluntary basis, the email came out requiring the campus be vacated by Tuesday at 5:00. Off campus student tested positive after coming back from Spring break. Very pleased that we didn't wait for what was obviously going to happen and we got out before general chaos. Son is a little bummed about 5 months at home and is looking for summer intern options.

Reaction Score
Not to rumormonger, but I'm hearing a national shutdown is imminent maybe as soon as tomorrow. Might not hurt to try and grab anything last minute tonight.

Not trying to cause any panic. Just trying to make sure those who need things get them just in case.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not to rumormonger, but I'm hearing a national shutdown is imminent maybe as soon as tomorrow. Might not hurt to try and grab anything last minute tonight.

Not trying to cause any panic. Just trying to make sure those who need things get them just in case.
Stocked up on condoms.

Reaction Score

It's almost inevitable at this point. Guess the business owners I know who have pretty high up contacts weren't kidding when they said to expect Connecticut to be shut down this upcoming week

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

White House just made announcement saying this is not true. Take that announcement with a grain of salt.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Since PA booze is a state monopoly, they've closed liquor stores in 5-6 counties around Philly. We're terrified that's gonna happen here in Pgh soon as next week.

Additionally, since all bars/restaurants have to buy from the state, that effectively closes those establishments down even if they weren't being mandated to close by local govts.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
‪For everyone using the flu as a comparison for Covid-19 think of it this way. More people died this year in America ‬from guns than atomic bombs. Does that mean that atomic bombs aren’t as deadly?

Reactions: pj

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Since PA booze is a state monopoly, they've closed liquor stores in 5-6 counties around Philly. We're terrified that's gonna happen here in Pgh soon as next week.

Additionally, since all bars/restaurants have to buy from the state, that effectively closes those establishments down even if they weren't being mandated to close by local govts.
You can always head for the border. Wierton WV and Steubenville Ohio just a 20 mile drive though that could be quite a stampede with a city the size of Pittsburgh. You have to hand it to DiBlasio though. Closing the bars at 9:00 AM ON ST PATRICK"S DAY MORNING IN NYC. That's timing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom